Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Watchmen (2009) #1

A complex, multi-layered mystery adventure, Watchmen is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the “Doomsday Clock” – which charts the USA’s tension with the Soviet Union – is permanently set at five minutes to midnight. When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the washed up but no less determined masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with his former crime-fighting legion – a ragtag group of retired superheroes, only one of whom has true powers – Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for the future. Their mission is to watch over humanity…but who is watching the watchmen?

The film based on the graphic novel is being directed by Zack Snyder (300) and produced by Lawrence Gordon (Die Hard), Lloyd Levin (United 93) and Deborah Snyder (300), with Herbert W. Gains serving as executive producer.

Playing the film’s core group of “masks,” the masked adventurers at the center of the story, are Malin Akerman (upcoming The Heartbreak Kid) as Laurie Juspeczyk, aka Silk Spectre; Billy Crudup (The Good Shepherd) as Jon Osterman, aka Dr. Manhattan; Matthew Goode (Match Point) as Adrian Veidt, aka Ozymandias; Jackie Earle Haley (Little Children) as Walter Kovacs, aka Rorschach; Jeffrey Dean Morgan (TV’s Grey’s Anatomy) as Edward Blake, aka the Comedian; and Patrick Wilson (Little Children) as Dan Dreiberg, aka Nite Owl.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Watchmen1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Watchmen2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Watchmen3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Watchmen4.jpg

Rorshach in action
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...menpic-big.jpg
Old 02-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Elite Fan

Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Enough said.

Thanks for this thread, I'm truly excited for this. I don't read comics or graphic novels (which I had the money for it!) but I heard this will rock. Can't wait.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Loyal Fan

The days cannot pass fast enough for this to come out!
Old 02-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Loyal Fan

From JoBlo.com

I've been pretty underwhelmed with Gerard Butler's post-300 career moves, but I like the dude and if anyone's gonna set him straight it's going to be the guy that Spartafied him in the first place. After rumors ran rife that Butler was gonna be playing a role in WATCHMEN to the point that it seemed like he might be playing every role, NORBIT style, Empire finally laid the speculation to rest today. He will indeed be playing the lead in TALES OF THE BLACK FREIGHTER, a planned animated adaptation that will be on the eventual DVD release. Unfortunately I don't remember all that much about the comic-within-a-comic, but I'm sure it will be both awesome, and Scottish. Butler would play Hitler Scottish. He had the following to say: "I’m going to do the voice of the captain... They’re going to do it in the style of a Japanese anime and I’m totally stoked. I actually read the script before reading the comic book and I thought it was awesome... Then I read the comic book and it’s great. The little bits that have been added define it so much more. It’s very dark and there’s just something so descriptive and scary. It’s this descent into madness but explained in such a sane way that you totally feel it yourself. By the end, my heart was pumping!”

Extra Tidbit: NIM'S ISLAND does not exist.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Extreme Fan

One of the movies I am really looking forward next year! This and Public Enemies.

It sounds so interesting and I am just inlove with anything about superheroes storyline.
Mavericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Loyal Fan

The cast in costume, the movie comes out in exactly 1 year

Old 04-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Behind the scenes video
Old 04-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Oh cool! Thanks for the photos and video
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Oh man, everything looks SO cool! It's so cruel to make us wait.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:29 AM
Loyal Fan

From EW.com

Though Warner Bros.' Watchmen movie (out March 6, 2009) is still very much a work in progress, DC Direct has put the finishing touches on its collector-edition tie-ins, which are modeled after the characters from director Zack Snyder's film. The company will unveil four of these action-figure prototypes at New York Comic-Con on Friday, April 18, but EW has your exclusive peek at two of them — steadfast vigilante Rorschach and nice-guy superhero Nite Owl — which will hit stores in January 2009 at around $14.99. — Nisha Gopalan

Old 05-27-2008, 05:22 AM
Loyal Fan

A picture of the Minute Men, the superhero team that began in 1940

Silhouette, Mothman, Dollar Bill, Nite Owl, Captain Metropolis, Silk Spectre, Hooded Justice and the Comedian in the front
Old 05-28-2008, 02:47 AM
New Fan

Thanks for it...Watchmen: Based on the hit graphic novel,hero of this movie is super....Watchmen is going to hit the big screens,This movie is very much in progress...I really like it
krina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Loyal Fan

From Entertainment Weekly, in regards to the photo

I've long wondered how even a filmmaker as inventive as Zack Snyder is going to be able to do justice to Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' epic Watchmen. One of the unique virtues of their graphic novel is the way it takes full advantage of its medium — the overlap of words, pictures, and supplemental material — to tell a complete story, full of overlapping plot strands, parallels of past, present, and future, of events in the story and the literary and pictorial allusions that comment on them. It seemed inevitable that a lot of that material would have to be streamlined or jettisoned for Watchmen to work as a movie.

Fortunately, it looks like Snyder is doing his best to keep the extensive backstory and sidestory material. Watchmen is set in a world that both reveres and scorns comic-book superheroes. The latter-day heroes at the story's center live their lives informed by the rich history of a previous generation of costumed crimefighters. Yesterday, the filmmakers released to Ain't It Cool News a class photo of the first-generation heroes, the Minutemen and that single photo should be enough to whet the appetites of Watchmenologists. Not only is it faithful to similar artwork from the Gibbons drawings, but the placement of the various Minutemen in the photo hints at the relationships that will be important later in the story. (Kneeling in the foreground is the Comedian, played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, whose latter-day actions are the story's catalyst.) Plus, the photo's warm sepia tone and, its quaint, baggy costumes suggest that the film will maintain a cheeky but fond reverence for the masked heroes who starred in the (real world's) earliest comic books.

That backstory will be further explored in a mockumentary called Under The Hood, a side project Snyder is overseeing, along with Tales of the Black Freighter, a grim pirate saga that appears in Watchmen in the form of a comic book one character reads throughout the story, offering a counterpoint to the main superhero plot. Both Under the Hood and Black Freighter will be released on DVD at the time of Watchmen's big-screen release next March. That's not quite the same thing as being able to enjoy these stories and refer back to them while reading the main Watchmen story, as you can with the graphic novel, but it's pretty close. Props to Snyder for trying to replicate as closely as possible the rich and allusive experience of reading the book — and to Warner Bros. for letting him do so.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Wow, I had no idea Watchmen was going to be a movie! I haven't read the graphic novel, though I've heard good things about it, so I think it's going to have to be bumped up my reading list.

And Zack Snyder is directing? Awesome! I loved 300, thought that was a great adaptation I'm excited!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Action figures for the film