Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wallace and Gromit Series #1: Curse of the wererabbit.

I really hope that there are other fans of this dynamic duo out there.

I can't wait for this film, I loved Chicken Run but I just prefer these two

ETA Link to the teaser

Last edited by LittleMilkJug; 05-12-2005 at 05:43 AM
LittleMilkJug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

I cannot wait for this either
I loved "The Wrong Trousers" and yes Chicken Run was good but these two are in a class of their own. Hurry up October!
-Louise- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Can't.freakin'.wait. EEE!

The Wrong Trousers has to be my all time favorite animation piece, are pretty darn close to it. They're just so darling together.

Thanks for starting the thread! I remember seeing info about this a few months ago but forgot. It was lovely to log on this morning and see this here.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Wallace and Gromit are so squeeful! I love the one with them going to the Moon to eat all of the cheese there. Thier mouths are so funny when they talk.

Is the series made by the same people that created Chicken Run?

Old 05-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist

Is the series made by the same people that created Chicken Run?
Yes, its very good aswell, just dosen't have them in it. Worth a look though.

I think the 'train-track' scene in 'The Wrong Trousers' is one of the funniest ever
Old 05-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I want to see this! I use to watch the other little cartoons of them as a little kid
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very Mild below

A Cannes day out for Wallace and Gromit

Unfinished clips of the first feature-length film starring the much-loved animated clay heroes Wallace and Gromit were unveiled at the Cannes Film Festival, showing them battling to outwit a marauding giant rabbit wreaking devastation in vegetable plots.

As 30 animators work flat-out to complete Wallace and Gromit - The Curse of the Were-Rabbit in time for its premiere this October, their creator, Nick Park, brought his pint-size models to the Croisette at the start of a worldwide promotion. A 40ft statue of Gromit was unveiled on the seafront yesterday.

Fans of the tanktop-wearing Northerner and his hound, whose previous films, The Wrong Trousers, and A Close Shave, won dozens of awards including an Oscar apiece, have long waited for a full-length version of their adventures. It is being backed by Dreamworks, founded by Jeffrey Katzenberg and Steven Spielberg.

In the new story, the pair found Anti-Pesto, a pest-control business, but find themselves facing an enormous challenge from the beast destroying vegetable plots across the neighbourhood to the dismay of gardeners entered in a giant vegetable competition.

New characters include Lady Tottington, Wallace's love interest, voiced by Helena Bonham Carter. But Wallace's rival for her affections is the dastardly, bloodsport-loving Victor Quartermaine, as brought to life by Ralph Fiennes. Peter Sallis is the voice of Wallace.

A battery of logic-defying machinery features in the plot with improbable action sequences such as those which generated much laughter in the other tales.

The story of Wallace and Gromit, who was first conceived as a cat but evolved into a dog, began life 23 years ago as a college project when Park was at the National Film and Television School. He completed his - and their - first film, A Grand Day Out, in 1991 after he had left the school and joined Aardman Animations in Bristol. It was nominated for an Oscar.

He followed with The Wrong Trousers in 1993 and A Close Shave a couple of years later, both of which won Oscars, and spawned a worldwide merchandising brand worth millions.

Jeffrey Katzenberg said he had been a fan since the days when he worked at Disney before leaving to start DreamWorks, and described the animated friends as "great stars".

But Peter Lord, who co-founded Aardman with Dave Sproxton, admitted making feature films was 100 times more difficult than shorter ones. "Everything is so much bigger," he said. "It's difficult to tell a story that works in 80 minutes."

The animators are working with 30 cameras on 30 sets. They can produce about three seconds of footage on a good day.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Cant wait for this, I grew up on Wallace and Grommit, and its about time we had more of them!
"It's no secret that a conscience can sometimes be a pest, It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success, Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief, All kill their inspiration and sing about their grief."-U2.

>>>U2 VOTE<<<
sacredheart125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Best and Funniest Trailer you will see all year
Old 05-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Just watched the trailer! I love it soo much. I wanna go see it with my little cousins. My favorite parts are when Wallace asked for "assistance" and when Gromit makes the bunny on top of the car wink.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMilkJug
*is excited beyond words*
Airie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Absolute Fan

I didn't even know a new movie was coming out. I am so out of the loop! Looks cute. I can't wait to see it! Finally another Wallace and Gromit movie!
fleurdelune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've found a free and DL-able Wallace and Gromit short called 'Soccamatic'. Worth a peep

Soccamatic

Old 06-08-2005, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

From Time's Best 100 films- short film section

THE WRONG TROUSERS, 1993, Nick Park, U.K.

If traditional animators are, by job definition, masochists—toiling at their drawing boards to complete an image that will last one-24th of a second—the creators of stop-motion animation must wear a hairshirt to work each day. It has to be madness: shaping plasticene to represent a dog (Gromit) and his man (Wallace), placing them in a toy movie set, exposing the film for one frame, then minutely manipulating the figures for the next eye-blink shot. Yet some people pursue the process. And Nick Park makes superb comic art of it. The genius of Britain's Aardman Studios (as John Lasseter is of Pixar), Park had feature-film success with Chicken Run in 2000. Our favorites are his three Wallace & Gromit shorts, of which The Wrong Trousers is the celestial apogee. A larcenous penguin snookers Wallace, the bachelor inventor, into devising trousers that can walk on walls or ceilings—while Gromit, the sensible, fatalist pooch, tries to avert comic tragedy. Wallace and Gromit are to make their feature debut this fall. Here's hoping that the bliss Park effortlessly (or, rather, effortfully) sustained for 30 mins. can blossom into an epic of dog's relationship to man.

Last edited by LittleMilkJug; 06-08-2005 at 04:46 AM
LittleMilkJug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Another discription of the film, so minor ahead..

What's it about? Wallace & Gromit get their first full feature film. It's 'vege-mania' in Wallace and Gromit's neighbourhood and our intrepid chums are cashing in as elite pest-control duo "Anti-pesto". With only days to go before the annual Giant Vegetable Competition, business is booming! All is well until an unexplained, nocturnal, veg-ravaging rabbit monster begins attacking the town's sacred vegetable plots. Soon the townsfolk are in uproar and the fate of the competition lies in the balance, until beautiful heiress and vegetable competition hostess Lady Tottington (Helena Bonham-Carter), impressed with Wallace's humane methods, commissions Anti-pesto to apprehend the beast and save the day. Wallace's aspirations rise - this is just the sort of client he's dreamed of! The only person who isn't happy about Lady Tottington's new-found champion is her arrogant suitor - staunch blood sports fanatic, Victor Quartermaine (Ralph Fiennes)...

this just makes me want to go and see it even more