Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When you watch a 2 hour movie on DVD only to find that the last five minutes is scratched or you spend 2 hours watching a movie on TV and the power goes off during the last scene these two have happened to me sooo many times, its just not funny

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
s e r e n i t y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

This thread reminds me of Scary Movie. When Brenda is at the movies with her bf and is so annoying that the audience starts killing her Not that I would want that to happen! Yikes.

But yeah, people can be quite annoying. Or those people who talk to the screen. Or constantly asking you questions about the movie.

-- Patti
--
~*Cubby*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Cubby*~ (View Post)
Or constantly asking you questions about the movie.
i hate watching movies with my mom because she never understands whats going on. she always asks millions of questions the whole time!!
that i'm just trying to understand the feelings that you lack
i don't know where we we wrong, but the feeling's gone
and i just can't get it back
hottlegs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. I hate when I've seen a movie but my friends haven't and they ask a million questions about it. I'm just like, "Watch the damn movie! You'll find out!!"
retro physical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

I hate it when you're at the cinema and there aren't too many other people there, so you feel like you'll have a good watching experience and not be bothered, but then a group of young teenagers (usually aged 13-16 years old) strides in loudly and obnoxiously, and just don't shut up, whether it's for the trailers or parts of the movie. It's so freaking annoying!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

people that text during a film when their sitting in front of me.....geez it's like a motorcycle coming at you on a road at night with it's brights on.......i'm comforted by the fact that no one on this board would be that rude or stupid to do that while i'm trying to watch a film......
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:56 AM
Kez
Loyal Fan

Ohk, so I'll admit sometimes, if the movie is broing, I'm one of the annoying people who laughs at pointless things.

And my most annoying thing would be people who have seen the movie, and telling you what part to watch.. I'm like. "Hello, I'm wathcing the screen aren't I?"

And when someone doesn't understand the movie. My friend is really bad at this. We were wathcing The Dark Knight and halfway through the movie, she say's "Oh is that guy with the face painting a baddie?"
WTF!
For starters, he's killed like 20 people by now AND the joker hasn't just been in this movie, he's like 7 times as old as you, he's the token baddy. Idiot.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people bring babies to the movies and then they start to cry.

And then of course general talking during a movie or tv show. If you need to talk either wait till the end of the movie or the beginning before the movie starts or during a commercial break (for tv).

Those are my two big ones.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

I saw a movie, can't remember what it is now, but it was rated R and a family brought in their kids. They were all like between 6 and 10. That annoys me so much---get a babysitter!

I also saw Trainspotting a few years back in a theatre and there were a bunch of young kids in that one also. It's a drug movie with nudity and cussing, oh and it was like 10 at night on a school night! What kind of parents do they have?
Old 01-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

People bringing kids to R rated movies is terrible. I don't know what goes through their minds to make it acceptable for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukooh (View Post)
people that text during a film when their sitting in front of me.....geez it's like a motorcycle coming at you on a road at night with it's brights on.......i'm comforted by the fact that no one on this board would be that rude or stupid to do that while i'm trying to watch a film......
This happened to me during Bejamin Button, I was dazed for a while. Ugh, they actually came late, made noise, walked around then up and left the place after leaving all their garbage on the floor.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Addicted Fan

People have to stop bringing their kids R rated movies. My husband and I went to see a Halloween sequal in the theaters, and there was a few kids in that movie theater. There was a brutal killing in one scene, and one of the kids screams, and says, "Mommy, I am so scared, I don't want that happening to me or you".

That is why you have to leave those kids at home. Just plain lack of common sense and being retarted in my opinion.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Watching a movie, your pet always has to insist on sitting on you when you switch dvds.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I hate it when you're at the cinema and there aren't too many other people there, so you feel like you'll have a good watching experience and not be bothered, but then a group of young teenagers (usually aged 13-16 years old) strides in loudly and obnoxiously, and just don't shut up, whether it's for the trailers or parts of the movie. It's so freaking annoying!
Well, I'm 17, so I'm not much older than that, but I agree. I was at a movie with my friends and these 13-14 year olds walked in and sat in the very front row, so everyone could see them. They would get up and dance and laugh and they kept switching seats. After 10 minutes and I got so fed up with it my friend and I got them kicked out.
retro physical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottlegs6 (View Post)
Also, when you are watching a movie that you have never seen but your friends have, and they start quoting all the lines before they actually are said in the movie. drives me insane
Ugh, Like I said before, I can't watch Big Trouble In Little China without my brother Miraculously Appearing out of nowhere to Quote Jack Burton and his pal Wang (and usually he fumbles the quotes). And I've watched Endless Waltz (Gundam Wing) so many times that my Parents constantly tease my by quoting Wufei's "Are you sure your doing the right Thing?!" Not exactly the same thing, but, it stills annoys me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
Parents have a true gift for walking into rooms during sex/drug/scary scenes. It's more like a freakin talent! Heh. I'm 25 and I still laugh whenever a sex scene starts and there's my mom.

JR- I always check the rating when going to a theater if I'm going with family. Hee. I don't like sex scenes, but in a theater you can't FF so I watch them and I have no problem, but with family, uh no. Heh.
Oi, Oi, I hate it when that happens! I Remember watching Pearl Harbor and ended up watching the Danny/Evelyn scene and my Parents came strolling into the living room. The same thing happened again when I was watching Overboard, and my Mom comes out of the kitchen while Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn are making out in the bed and I changed the channel a second too late. She gave me the "I saw what you were watching" look and I cracked the "Guilty as Charged" smile.

I check the Ratings myself as well, which is why I usually don't go to see Rated R movies in the theaters (you never know). Back when I was getting used to sex scenes in movies (like right after I was allowed to watch R-rated movies at 14), We'd all gone to see X2: X-Men United and when the scene between Mystique and Wolverine in the tent started up, I thought I was gonna get in trouble with my parents and it turned out to be nothing.
family bonds are never meant to be broken."
- The Farron Sisters
J.R. MacReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfan27 (View Post)
i hate when people bring their kids to a movie that is not kid appropriate
That really bugs me too, like this one time a parent took her four year old daughter to see Return of the King and had to take her out earlier because it was too scary. She then proceeds to bring her back during the big spider scene. Thankfully they left soon after that, I know all kids are different. But that movie on the big screen can be pretty scary for young children.
Reply   Post New Thread