Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2018, 02:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I never got into the "post apocalyptic" genre. It's not creative, artistic, or interesting in anyway to me. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A lot of Oscar Best Picture nominees seem boring.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Addicted Fan

The last 'superhero' movie i actually enjoyed on a deep level was the original cut of SupermanII with Christopher Reeve, in which "Superman" gives up his superpowers to form an equal partnership with Lois Lane (which was a bad decision because... there's no drama without conflict, etc.) but...

...I am forced to admit that I am bored beyond belief by the invention of the "superpower du jour," with special effects "wizards" making it so easy to defy little laws like gravity that none of these movies feel real anymore.

Whenever a human body can seem to be hurled tens of feet without suffering broken bones (let alone bruises), there's a part of my brain that just starts flashing a red, "What You Are Watching Is Not A Depiction of Reality as You Know It" message as a banner over every frame, and, being in red, it catches my attention and I quit watching the "Superhero" trailer and swithch to another, more interesting channel like Stock Market reports....

... and when a shift in stocks by a few points or so is more interesting than a movie trailer... I feel bad for the distributors and producers, but not bad enough to waste a couple of hours of my life on a bad movie!
hopeless romantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfan27 (View Post)
Black Panther wasn’t as good as people say it is
Let's be honest: It's only getting so much hype and box office success because of the Cultural and Racial promotion of it. Other than that, what else is original about it?

All of the Superhero genres bore the hell out of me. The reason I like Star Wars is because I feel the characters are less viewed as "heroes" and focuses more on their realistic struggles as normal people forced into extremely not-normal circumstances. The reason I like the Sequel Trilogy is because I think Adam Driver is fantastic.

That said, I hated Batman vs Superman (a total snoozefest and Ben Affleck's Bruce/Batman is not even close to being Christian Bale's superb portrayal), and Wonder Woman was very boring too, although I liked Gal Gadot ever since her role as Gisele in Fast & Furious.

There's something really cheap looking about the overblown CGI in all these Superhero movies. I don't know how people can stand sitting through these 2+ hour lengths of them. There's really not much substance, it's all spectacle.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^^ That is so true. I get that it's important to have a superhero that isn't white, it's a great representation and should have been done ages ago but that doesn't mean the movie is better than it's been said.
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Mae (View Post)
^^^ That is so true. I get that it's important to have a superhero that isn't white, it's a great representation and should have been done ages ago but that doesn't mean the movie is better than it's been said.

Exactly. It's hard to criticize it to others in fear of having to be delicate and not hurt people's feelings, but nothing about the movie screams 'unique' to me other than the mostly non-white cast.

I honestly can't stand how there's a Superhero fixture every other six months. Tons of unnecessary sequels to things which aren't interesting. I saw Captain America (the first one Chris Evans was in) and thought it was well above average, but I honestly don't care about all these Marvel/DC movies where you have about 7 different superheroes combined together Avengers-style. It's just CGI-filled 2 hour boredom.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-09-2018, 06:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ see i understand your veiw i personally like them , i feel movies these days dont have a lot of stories to tell that is why these superhero movies are doing so well cause fans can get what they want sort of .

Its been awhile since ive gone to a normal movie and be blown away but the originality of the movie , storyline , sets and music that wasnt based on a book or comic and it is a sad reality of it now.

i love marvel BP was good but i thought it would of been better based on the reviews and the hype but the hype was cultural to US being in Aus didnt feel the same way , it was good but i wanted it to be spectacular. Same with WW was good but not fantastic she was a good female leade but half way through i thought wow she is so similar to Captian American and really it is the female version of that really
Old 05-09-2018, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
^ see i understand your veiw i personally like them , i feel movies these days dont have a lot of stories to tell that is why these superhero movies are doing so well cause fans can get what they want sort of .

Its been awhile since ive gone to a normal movie and be blown away but the originality of the movie , storyline , sets and music that wasnt based on a book or comic and it is a sad reality of it now.

i love marvel BP was good but i thought it would of been better based on the reviews and the hype but the hype was cultural to US being in Aus didnt feel the same way , it was good but i wanted it to be spectacular. Same with WW was good but not fantastic she was a good female leade but half way through i thought wow she is so similar to Captian American and really it is the female version of that really

That's a good point, it does seem to be about wish-fulfillment Fans getting what they paid for. Nothing wrong with people-pleasing, but the hype around the Superhero genre is just bizarre to me.

Wonder Woman was boring imo. I really like Gal Gadot and have done since Fast Five, but the best thing about WW was the WWII era. Chris Pine's character just disappeared and I was like "...Okay then..."
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-09-2018, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do like Superhero movies but it's spread over onto TV and I feel like I'm drowning in it and can't find more original movies now. Nothing against Marvel/DC world, love the movies but I avoid most of the TV Shows. With the exception of Legion.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yes I agree I love marvel and i like DC but i understand peoples annoyance of them for sure . Cause we want original storylines I miss the old days when going to the movies was exciting caus either was all new and nothing was spoiled by the trailer .

WW being about WW2 was amazing again so was captain America she is so like him. I think her character development was better in Justice league. But that movie was just bad .
Old 05-11-2018, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Justice League.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wonder Woman was set in World War One, on 1918 French-Belgian battlefields, and England. mustard gas and trench warfare. WW1. fyi

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:45 AM
Absolute Fan

I never liked the Star Wars franchise...I've watched a few SW movies over the years and could never get into them, so many people love SW and the movies make billions of $$, but I never understood the appeal of them.
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I never liked the Star Wars franchise...I've watched a few SW movies over the years and could never get into them, so many people love SW and the movies make billions of $$, but I never understood the appeal of them.
I feel the same way!

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread