Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Tweak Your Favorite Movies #1

(I went through the master thread list and didn't find anything like this. But if there's a duplicate that I missed, which could've happened since I'm also watching the Olympics right now , then please close this thread, mods. )

Anyway, we all have our favorite movies that make us go 'OMG!' (or whatever your equivalent response/expression is). We love the plot, the characters, the direction, etc. But even so, chances are that our favorite movies aren't exactly perfect in even our own eyes. If you really had to give a true rating on a scale of 10, chances are that your favorite movies rank only 9.5-9.9.

With that said, how would you tweak your favorite movie(s) to make it a true 10/10? Could be anything as big as a storyline or as minute as the location or props used--anything that even remotely irks you about your favorite(s).

I'm basically hoping this thread can turn into a real discussion (so explain people and don't just list things!) so that we can all see how we view perfection. And beware of spoilers.

I guess I'll start:

The Dark Knight - I wouldn't have Rachel in the movie. I don't particularly care for the character and find her to be quite one-dimensional. For the sake of the plot, I'd have Harvey scarred into Two-Face via a bottle of acid thrown at his face (to be true to the comics). And I'd rather have something happen to Alfred to put fear/doubt into Bruce/Batman (especially since that would show that Alfred truly is more than just a butler).

Wanted - I would've liked to see more of the rest of the fraternity. I understand that Angelina and James are the stars of the movie, but a little more development of the other members would've been nice, just to show how they actually are a fraternity, a brotherhood. And maybe change the loom of fate into something less.... weird. Not sure what, but probably not a loom.

Hairspray - More Corny Collins singing, as I adore James Marsden. James surprisingly has a really good singing voice and should've used it more. And probably less of 'You're Timeless to Me'. I find myself always skipping that scene on my DVD. It's just long and slow. I feel it disrupts the tempo of the movie.

Anyone else?
BabyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Great idea for a thread!

There's a bunch of movies I loved but that would've liked to change a bit.

A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints - I think Vito/Laurie needed more scenes and more closure. They were a fascinating part of the movie but it never went anywhere.

RENT - They should kept the entire Goodbye Love scene in the movie.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

What part was 'Goodbye Love'? The ending with the video? If so, I agree. That part was quite touching. I've seen the movie a couple of times, but I don't really know any of the songs by name, except for La Vie Boheme.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Goodbye Love is the one they start singing at the cemetary when everyone starts fighting, but they cut out the second half from the movie. It's on the DVD with the deleted scenes, but it should've been on the movie itself, imo. Heh.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Ooohhh okay I see. Makes sense. I've never seen the deleted scenes (I watched my friend's DVD), so I wouldn't know. Perhaps I'll look into that movie again soon...
Old 08-14-2008, 06:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

I totally agree with keeping Goodbye Love in the movie. I would also love it if Angel lived haha but I know that couldn't happen.

tumblr
spicegirl_mel&makslover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Hee, Angel living would've been sweet but it wasn't possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJ (View Post)
Ooohhh okay I see. Makes sense. I've never seen the deleted scenes (I watched my friend's DVD), so I wouldn't know. Perhaps I'll look into that movie again soon...
You should. It's such a powerful song/scene.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

I loved Deathly Hallows 2, but I would have cut the epilogue.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I totally agree! Deathly Hallows Part 2 was ok, but the epilogue was horrible. I thought it was bad in the book, but it was awful in the movie. Ginny looks like a little girl who dressed up and stole her mother's clothes.
~Adema~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adema~ (View Post)
I totally agree! Deathly Hallows Part 2 was ok, but the epilogue was horrible. I thought it was bad in the book, but it was awful in the movie. Ginny looks like a little girl who dressed up and stole her mother's clothes.
Exactly. I haven't read the books, but this is exactly how I felt about it. It was unnecessary and didn't ring true.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Totally agreed about the epilogue in Deathly Hallows 2. There's a reason it mysteriously went missing from my copy of the book. And even though I knew it was coming, I couldn't help laughing out loud in the theater when the name "Albus Severus" was said.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - A mention, just a mere mention that Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs were Remus, Peter, Sirius and James is not so much to ask. Especially since those nicknames pop up again in some of the later movies. Also, it's Moony NOT Mooney!!! The "e" was just a stupid in-joke of the movie makers.

The freeze-frame ending was also pretty cheesy as well. So was Harry crying "he was their friend!"... very painful to watch.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Well I think there were a lot of mistakes in the Harry Potter movies. Or at least just things they forgot to mention that were pretty important in the following parts. I'm pretty happy that I can remember books and stuff really well, but the movies were also made for people who didn't read the books. And I think sometimes it's really hard for someone to see the point in some scenes without the background information.
~Adema~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

The Dark Knight - I would not killed off Two Face. Aaron Eckhart did a wonderful job and Two-Face could have been the main villain for the next film.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Another HP one - I wish we could have SEEN Ron and Hermione kiss. I was so disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
The Dark Knight - I would not killed off Two Face. Aaron Eckhart did a wonderful job and Two-Face could have been the main villain for the next film.
Truth. I was shocked when he was killed, Eckhart was fantastic and brought real menace to the role.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

i would have LOVED to see Hermione turn rita skeeter into her water-beetle animangus form in a glass jar, as she did in the book. ugh, i hated that annoying rita so much, got what she deserved.
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread