Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2004, 03:41 AM
New Fan

Tulip Fever (2017) #1

I was wondering does anyone know anything about this Jude Law and Keria Knightly movie? I heard they stop production b/c of funding but do you think they'll start it up again? Any info on this film would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 10-21-2018 at 12:53 PM
Rockin Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

I must admit I really don't know the first thing about this movie. But with Kiera and Jude both headlining I'll def be in the lookout for info about this.

Too bad if production was stopped, though. That's happening in lots of movies with big stars, for example, Mr. and Mrs. Smith stopped production or was dangerously over budget with half the movie to shoot still. Ouch.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:59 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't know if it has anything to do with overbudget than it has with some sort of overseas filming regulations. I remember being so excited about this film a year or so ago when I heard Jude and Keira are costarring. Here's the article I just found:

February 18, 2004 — "Tulip Fever", starring Jude Law and Keira Knightley, may never get made thanks to a change in British tax law that removes a substantial source of its funding.

"Tulip Fever," starring Jude Law and Keira Knightley, is co-financed by DreamWorks and Miramax with tax fund Inside Track putting up a third of the $45 million budget.

But the government's shock announcement Feb. 10 of a sudden change in tax law forced the immediate suspension of Inside Track, along with rival tax fund First Choice.

"Tulip Fever" producer Alison Owen gave her crew a week's notice Friday, and says that unless she gets the greenlight from the Inland Revenue by today she will either have to find alternative financing or shut the pic down.

"Tulip Fever" is due to start principal photography April 23. The strike cost is understood to be in the region of $6 million.

There hasn't been any news about this film since this past February. I really hope it works out financially, though, because I'm really interested in the Jude/Keira pairing.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's a shame this isn't being made. I would have loved to see Jude and Keira together on screen.
fallfromgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

I haven't seen this, but it's too bad that it didn't happen with Keira Knightley and Jude Law. It eventually got made though, with Alicia Vikander and Dane DeHaan in the lead roles.

Tulip Fever (2017) - IMDb

Last edited by LightYears; 10-21-2018 at 02:32 AM
LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do wish to see that one, one day because of Alicia

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So the version that was supposed to happen with Jude and Kiera never happened so I think this newer one is the final and only version.

Thanks for the trailer!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread