Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, even if this movie sucks because of some inexplicable reason, it'll still be lovely, lovely eye candy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dixieland_dreamer:
<STRONG>I'm kind of surprised by the choice for Helen also. Diane Kruger is pretty, but not what I would expect for Helen of Troy. And I was expecting a bigger-name actress as well. But I'll wait and reserve judgment for after I've actually seen the movie.</STRONG>
Ditto that. It surprises me with the epic-ness of this film, and all the buzz, even during pre-production, they wouldn't have picked a more well known face to be in essence, the entire centerpiece of what the plot of the movie is about.

I personally wouldn't have minded seeing Nicole Kidman in the role, but that's just me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I think this film looks to be quite to the box office hit, if people get away from their phobia of actually maybe learning something at the theatre [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm a history major, specializing in early civ. This is completely up my alley [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 02-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

First Review of a Test Screening of TROY
Contains a itsy bit of spoilers, not to those who are familiar with the story though.

Anyways i cannot wait for this movie hit the screens, i mean brad, orlando, eric bana [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *CasandraBuffyWillowFan*:
[QB]
I think this film looks to be quite to the box office hit, if people get away from their phobia of actually maybe learning something at the theatre [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] /QB]
That is the only reason that I can think of that people won't go to see this film. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I personally love movies like this and am looking forward to it. I may have to see if I can read the book before it comes out, since I read it in high school (many moons ago). [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I won't complain about the eye candy at all. The more the better. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2004, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Greg's Preview Thoughts:from Yahoo!

2/18/04 - The
official Japanese site
has launched, and it brings to us a full trailer with lots more story information, dialogue and sword-to-shield action scenes than we have seen in the teasers Warner Bros. U.S. has shown us. It's possible this *is* the eventual U.S. trailer, but it's just as likely to be a slightly different version intended for international markets. Anyway, the Japanese subtitles are barely noticeable, and this is a really awesome, thrilling and action-packed trailer that is worth checking out. Brian Cox looks like he might steal the show.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ok forgive me if this is a stupid question but i have looked it up on the internet and asked a selection of other people who all say conflicting things so heres the question;

I know the whole Paris,Helen and Achilles,Hector stuff is all greek mythology but did the trojan war actually happen (for other reasons) or was it just made up to accumpony the myth? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

A Man of Quality is not Threatened by a Woman of Equality!!

Keeper of Orli clone #5
Arrow #317
Old 02-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Actually untill Heinrich Schliemann discovered the city of Troy it was believed that the war was just fiction but after this discovery the war is regarded a fact.

Ofcourse the motives for it were totally different from those that Homer suggested and not that exciting!

Jen

Old 02-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks JackersandJen for clearing that up [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited Impossible Princess ]

A Man of Quality is not Threatened by a Woman of Equality!!

Keeper of Orli clone #5
Arrow #317
Old 02-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm looking forward to this movie a great deal. I'm obsessed with ancient Greek culture and I love Homer's works, as snooze-worthy as they tend to be just because of the wording. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Plus, I've been craving Long-haired Brad since I watched LOTF again the other day -- sex on a stick, that one. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

ITA that Diane Kruger wasn't the greatest choice for Helen -- she's supposed to be an ethereal beauty, and Diane is just "eh"... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]...here's who I think should really be Helen:

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Dagmara Domincyzk [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

**(For all of you who may be wondering where you've seen her before, she played Mercedes Iguanada in the 2002 adaption of The Count of Monte Cristo with Jim Caviezel)

She embodies Helen for me; she's completely gorgeous, and she actually looks Greek! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Hollywood has this distorted view of history, because there were no perfect blonde bombshells in Greek culture; a great deal were dark-haired with a hint of olive in their skin tone -- that's just a fact. Plus, I tend to be impartial to brunettes. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

My runner-up choice for "Helen" would be Milla Jovovich:

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] her to no end, and she's absolutely stunning to look at. She's one of the few I know who can pull of any hair color, in style. She's also a wonderful actress, and I think she would be great in the role.

But alas, that's only for speculation and fanfic -- the die has been cast... [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

*shakes fist at Warner Bros.*

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 03-01-2004, 03:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by .:NiennaValandil:.:
ITA that Diane Kruger wasn't the greatest choice for Helen -- she's supposed to be an ethereal beauty, and Diane is just "eh"... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] ...here's who I think should really be Helen:

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Dagmara Domincyzk [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

She embodies Helen for me; she's completely gorgeous, and she actually looks Greek! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Hollywood has this distorted view of history, because there were no perfect blonde bombshells in Greek culture; a great deal were dark-haired with a hint of olive in their skin tone -- that's just a fact. Plus, I tend to be impartial to brunettes. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

*shakes fist at Warner Bros.*

Actually there's no need for her to look Greek exactly. She came from Troy and Troy is not in Greece (that is if the city does exisit [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] they think it was in modern day Turkey). But you're right, she should at least look more Mediterranean.

I didn't agree with the actress they chose either. And I definetely didn't like the blonde hair. Not correct at all. [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2004, 03:53 AM
Addicted Fan

i Agree that Milla jovovich would be a good helen! i think she is the most beautiful girl on the planet.

But Diane isnt that bad.

Mickey-: What's a horse doing on a spaceship?
The Doctor- Mickey, what's Pre-Revolutionary France doing on a spaceship? Get a little perspective!

}--- 127 --->>

Icon Credit
Old 03-02-2004, 01:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] wow, i dont think i can make till may. I am so excited about this movie and ill be there opening day FOR SURE. I'm not really intersted in the Helen story though. Im more into the Achilles/Briseis love story. [img]smilies/love_story.gif[/img] HOW CUTE! I think theirs is going to be a sad but beautiful story. and plus i love Rose Byrne! I think shes so beautiful and we all know Brad is more than HOT [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] . CANT WAIT!
Icon: Ana (Flowers)
Old 03-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FinleyN1derland:
<STRONG>Actually there's no need for her to look Greek exactly. She came from Troy and Troy is not in Greece (that is if the city does exisit [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] they think it was in modern day Turkey). But you're right, she should at least look more Mediterranean.</STRONG>
*sigh* I'm so ashamed... This is what I get for posting so late at night (or rather, early in the morning). I have to correct my own information now.

Helen, was indeed Greek. Being the wife of the Spartan king. [img]smilies/thud.gif[/img] It was Paris who was from Troy, not Helen.

*sigh* And I'm such the History buff, too... [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

the final Troy trailor

this movie looks amazing cant wait to see it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw the trailor last night on Access Hollywood! There is not enough drool in the world for how delicious the men look! Brad Pitt just looks golden. I'm SO running out to see this on opening weekend.