Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2003, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

You can't take the Greek Gods out of the movie. They play a huge part in it. That's like taking Hobbits out of LOTR. You need to have them there someway somehow. Of course we don't know how are they going to be involved b/c we haven't seen the film yet [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:46 AM
Loyal Fan

I am sooo excited for this movie, it looks awesome...I cannot wait!

I was just telling my Mom yesterday how much of a winning streak Orlando Bloom has been on lately. I mean Pirates was great and did big numbers, he is in some of the best movies of all time with Lord Of The Rings and now this, 3 years ago he was a student and now he is totally on fire! his career is red hot!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Extreme Fan

I can't wait for this movie to come out. I think that me and 4 other girls in my Broadcast class are going to see this opening night. We all fell in love with the trailer (we had to watch it. It's part of or project. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] honest.)

But seriously, I've always been intrested in this story, and I love history. This is going to be great.

"I know things that would curdle your blood, including a formula that literally curdles blood!" -Hodgins
Avatar from CourtyJean at iconator.com
Old 01-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by kc2babygirl504:
Sean Bean .... Odysseus
Sean Bean's in it?! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] Oh my God! This is great news! Not one, but two of my Lord of the Rings honies in one movie!

Okay, sorry...enough girlish screaming. Carry on. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2004, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth Turner:
I wonder if the Wooden Horse is in the film- does anybody know?

I'm guessing this would be it... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
Old 01-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ICE_20_20:
<STRONG>You can't take the Greek Gods out of the movie. They play a huge part in it. That's like taking Hobbits out of LOTR. You need to have them there someway somehow. Of course we don't know how are they going to be involved b/c we haven't seen the film yet [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Alex</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] "Like taking the Hobbits out of LOTR" Good stuff.

Anyway, I just dusted my copy of the Illiad to prep up for the movie. I didn't read it when I had to but now I will.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:15 AM
New Fan

I can't wait to see this movie, but I think they could've picked a much better Helen. She is suppossed to be the most beautiful woman alive. The face that launched a thousand ships. I'm not that impressed by the girl they picked. Hopefully, she can act. Orlando and Brad are gonna be great though, especially Brad. I love him!
Old 01-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Loyal Fan

I think the Helen is pretty but not very. She's just so lucky to be the be with Orlando, I'm so envious. I do hope they show the gods and goddess cause that's where is all starts. Paris and the apple.

Hobbits! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I just love them!
Old 01-14-2004, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ICE_20_20:
<STRONG>You can't take the Greek Gods out of the movie. They play a huge part in it. That's like taking Hobbits out of LOTR. You need to have them there someway somehow. Of course we don't know how are they going to be involved b/c we haven't seen the film yet [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Alex</STRONG>
Yes, but the Greek Gods were really just "projections" of the Greeks. You can still take them out and the story makes sense... the Greeks were just trying to explain the twists of turns in battle.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Offical Troy site has their new Flash area up and running. Very nice [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

offical troy web site

[ 02-11-2004: Message edited Tegan24 ]
Old 02-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can't wait to see "Troy." We've been hearing about it for months - I just wish it would hurry up already! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom, Eric Bana and Sean Bean in one movie? Be still my beating heart. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

I read The Iliad in college and really enjoyed the story. I think I may dig out my copy and re-read it before the movie opens. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Jen | tumblr
Old 02-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Count me to those who are squeeing with anticipation.
I just love big historical movies...too lilttle of them out their.
Really curious to see how true they're going to be The Illiad. I've already heard rumors of how they changed the character of Achilles.
Quote:
Originally posted by harkin-angel:
<STRONG>I can't wait to see this movie, but I think they could've picked a much better Helen. She is suppossed to be the most beautiful woman alive. The face that launched a thousand ships. I'm not that impressed by the girl they picked</STRONG>
Or according to Highlander's Methos, only a hundred ships. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
But I agree. Especially standing next to Orlando...he out-pretties her by far [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited Morrigan ]
Old 02-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm kind of surprised by the choice for Helen also. Diane Kruger is pretty, but not what I would expect for Helen of Troy. And I was expecting a bigger-name actress as well. But I'll wait and reserve judgment for after I've actually seen the movie.

Jen | tumblr
Old 02-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan:
<STRONG>Count me to those who are squeeing with anticipation.
I just love big historical movies...too lilttle of them out their.</STRONG>
I agree with you on all three counts. I can hardly wait to see this movie. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Brad, Orlando and a miriad of other hotties what more can a girl ask for. I can probably even get my husband to go see this movie with me and I can silently [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] over them. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't wait to see this movie it looks so good. And orlando ...yummy.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread