Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2004, 04:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

My favorite tragic moive - and one of my all time favorite movies, period, is Requiem for a Dream.

Everyone tries to get better but they just can't overcome the odds. I find that the movie is very highly emotional for me. The whole movie in general, especially the last ten minutes are heartbreaking.

Now I know what you all are thinking, "Josh bought the Usher CD and all of the sudden he thinks he's in Night at the Roxbury"... close but not true. - Josh Partington
*Juli* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm a real sucker for tragedies, particularly of the romantic kind.

Titanic is my favourite movie, still. I just watched it again a few weeks ago and was struck by how genuinely moved I was by it.

There have been some lame tearjerkers like Autumn in New York and some mediocre ones like Sweet November, but there are some that kind of make up for that.

Moulin Rouge! is another favourite of mine, and I was really caught up in it and definitely cried at the end.
fallfromgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Total Fan

I don't make a point of watching tragic movies. I don't think they are bad or anything, I'm just extremely sensitive. If a movie is in the least bit sad then you can guarantee that I will be crying like a baby.
There is a lot of movies that either end tragically or there is some sort of tragedy throughout the plot. But some are just way more tragic than others such as Steel Magnolias, Titanic, Pearl Harbor and Ghost.
I find Murder in The First to be really tragic. It's not really a tearjerker, but it's just so extremely horrible to see what Henry Young has to go through while locked up in Alcatraz. It's disgusting and sad.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't purposely watch a movie because it's tragic, but I do enjoy them, even if they make me sad. I don't really cry about sad stuff in real life, I just bottle it all inside, but I do cry like a baby with tragic movies.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Real life tradegies make me cry more than I would at just a regular movie. Like Selena, I cried like a baby at the theatre when I seen that movie. And I wasn't the only one, othe women and men cried too. Guess it hit close to home.

Another movie....La Bamba....Titantic....movies like that make me sob.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've seen La Bamba countless times growing up. I don't remember ever crying for this movie, but I probably did when his mother cried over his death while in her other son's arms. I love that movie. I saw Titanic once, and it was sad, but I didn't cry. Probably because I didn't find Leonardo's character convincing. And I only saw about the first 30 minutes of Selena at a cousin's house years ago before I left the room, so I didn't get to her tragic ending. It's just that Tex-Mex music drives me mad.

Sasha
Old 03-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Total Fan

LaBamba makes me cry everytime I see it. I always assume that I won't cry because I have seen it so many times and know what's going to happen. But it gets me everytime.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cadence, same here, that movie gets me everytime.

Sasha, you should give Selena another try. The ending is the saddest part of the movie.

For Titantic, I didn't cry so much b/c of Leo and Kate's characters. Bur rather the people that died out in the water. Cause I know that part was true and very sad.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im a sucker for Tragic movies also, I cant stay away from them. I think a few movies that really got me crying or feeling for them are..

A Time to Kill

Titanic

Green Mile

Carrie

Romeo and Juliet
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rainstorm, I LOVE A Time to Kill. Gets me everytime when Jake is doing his last speech to the jury.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh god I know and the beginning is always upsetting.
My LJ
Old 03-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree...that beginning pisses me off! But the ending is powerful.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh, the beginning of A Time to Kill makes me want to jump into the screen and start castrating. I first saw that movie the same night I saw yet another tragic movie with a horrid beginning, Eye for an Eye. It was quite the evil-Kiefer-Sutherland-characters evening.

Sasha
Old 03-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I agree...Eye For a Eye is another great movie to watch and equally pisses me off too.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah the beginning of Time to kill pissed me off as well. I wanted to jump in the screen and kick those two old dudes butts for rapping that little girl Ive never seen Eye for an Eye, whats that about?
My LJ
Reply   Post New Thread