Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly, they make for a lovely romcom pairing to get lost in.

I always want to jump on a trampoline after watching Big. And then it reminds me how I don't have one, but my neighbor does, and I'm so jealous.

ETA: I went ahead and started a fan listing in our OP, and just added everyone who'd posted. So, if anyone new would like to be added, just let me know.

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 02-15-2009 at 10:26 PM
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

They're the best. Hollywood hasn't been lucky to find another Tom and Meg for this new generation, too bad for us. They're so sweet, so very charming. They don't need naughty lines or off putting sex jokes, it's all in the presence, in the darling chemistry that makes you want to smile and dance and fall in love with someone just like that. Because it's so dreamy and perfect. Ahhh, I'm done.

I'm bitter that new movies have replaced romance with sex. They will never find greatness like this going in that direction.

Hahaha, I KNOW! And then I want to move to Manhattan and live in his apartment with the darn trampoline and coke machine!

Thanks for starting the list!
Old 02-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nikki, I loved what you had to say about Tom/Meg and how romance in the movies used to be. I could not agree more! I think the Tom/Meg on-screen pairing was the last classic type of romance seen on the big-screen. I recently got the special edition version of YGM (since I have to own ALL of his movies, and I hadn't realized there was a SE of that one till recently), and I like how they are compared to the classic greats like Spencer Tracy/Katherine Hepburn. I'd also include Rock Hudson/Doris Day. Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan just have that something special....as you said, they're about romance; not sex.

I want an apartment like his! Seriously, was that not the coolest apartment ever?! And I loved how he rigged all the machines so you didn't need any quarters.

Anytime.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Never been in this thread before, but I LOVE Tom Hanks, he's one of my favourite actors. Definitely in a league of his own

Some news, also:

Quote:
Exclusive: Tom Hanks On Toy Story 3
Also Angels & Demons & The Pacific War

We spoke to Tom Hanks for the latest issue of Empire, and in the course of a career-spanning interview he told us a little bit about the state of play on Toy Story 3, as well as Angels & Demons and his HBO Pacific War series. First up, Pixar!

"I have been in and done three big complete recording sessions and will probably have at least one more to do, possibly in about eight months," said Hanks of his Toy Story 3 work. "Then eight months after that I'll do a mop-up and have three more sessions after that. Those movies are beasts.

"They did an interesting thing on this one. They did not send us a script. They showed us a complete story reel of the entire movie, with storyboards moving from one to the next, and the people up at Pixar recorded some voices with some music and sound effects. Tim Allen and John Ratzenberger and I went in a movie theatre, watched the reel and said, 'This is great, let's get to work!'"

On Angels & Demons, Hank addressed the the thorny issue of the film's ban from filming in the Vatican. "Everyone says, 'Oh, isn't it terrible that the Vatican didn't let you shoot?' The Vatican is all over this movie. 'There it is there, it's in the background here, we're driving past it there!' We built all the rest on a soundstage for dead solid matches. I don't know a lot of people who get to make movies in St Peter's Basiliva anyway, so I don't think anyone guessed."

On The Pacific War, his HBO series that's a spiritual sequel to Band of Brothers, Hanks said, "That's having its score finalised. I think it's going to be March 2010. We are able to visit the home front on this one and we're able to show the guys before the War and after. We show some of the most vicious stuff I've ever seen on film - because it has to be."

For much, much more, read all about it in (of course) Empire's 20th birthday issue, out April 23.

Source
I am so excited for Toy Story 3, it's unreal!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome here, darling! I heard Tom Hanks loves Toy Story so I'm happy there's going to be a third one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
Nikki, I loved what you had to say about Tom/Meg and how romance in the movies used to be. I could not agree more! I think the Tom/Meg on-screen pairing was the last classic type of romance seen on the big-screen. I recently got the special edition version of YGM (since I have to own ALL of his movies, and I hadn't realized there was a SE of that one till recently), and I like how they are compared to the classic greats like Spencer Tracy/Katherine Hepburn. I'd also include Rock Hudson/Doris Day. Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan just have that something special....as you said, they're about romance; not sex.

I want an apartment like his! Seriously, was that not the coolest apartment ever?! And I loved how he rigged all the machines so you didn't need any quarters.

Anytime.
Thanks. I grew up with those kinds of sweet romances and I miss them so very much. They are SO classic, you're right! Oh, I need to watch that comparison. They really are.

Haha, I know! When he threw the sock at it and the coke came out. Good times.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

I so agree what you say about Tom/Meg's pairing, i love them in Sleepless In Seattle - its one of my fave movies

And Mr Tom Hanks is one of my fave actor ever, he's no1 IMO
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones

Last edited by Lennie1984; 04-24-2009 at 10:26 AM
Lennie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sadia, thanks for the latest info, and welcome to the thread. I'm so stoked for TS3 as well!

I think Tom Hanks is one of the greatest contemporary class-acts we've got.

Lennie, it's nice to see you in here too. Mine as well.

Would you guys like to be added to the list?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Hi, and yes add me
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Lennie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

I've added you to the list! Would anyone else like to be added?
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the welcome, Nikki and Anji! Yes please, add me to the list!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Adding you now
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter (View Post)
Thanks for the welcome, Nikki and Anji! Yes please, add me to the list!
Anytime. I see someone's already beaten me to it, lol.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

New Tom movie out soon!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Are you [or anyone] planning on seeing it?
Old 04-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

I actually haven't seen The Da Vinci Code (which I know is odd considering I just came in here and said I love this guy , but I heard it wasn't that good so it kinda put me off), so I think I might have to watch that first before going to see the new one.
Reply   Post New Thread