Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh for sure she did!

EDIT:

Linda - I merged your posts as you double posted right after yourself. Just edit your post in the future to add more!
Old 06-15-2018, 01:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

and who wouldn't have a crush on Jack?

thanks for editing my post the thing is I accidentally posted some videos related to Wonder Woman in this thread instead of the WW thread, and since I can't delete my own posts I had to edit my posts, I did not intend to double post, sorry.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No worries! Thanks for understanding!

I’ve posted in the wrong threads too!

Loved this transition imagery!

Old 06-15-2018, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ That ship transition from historical to present day, and the opening credits scene, were my two favorite moments when I first saw the movie

I think James Cameron did an amazing job with telling the story from the point of a (fictional) survivor. Flashing back from past to present is not an easy thing to do, especially when you're telling a real-life tragedy through the eyes of a fictional character in a fictional/central romance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I agree Cora was cute, I think she might've had a little innocent girl crush on Jack

"You're still my best girl, Cora!"
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-15-2018, 10:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

the visuals and CGI in this movie were absolutely stunning and beautiful and so realistic, they even built a real life-sized replica ship from scratch specially for the film they really invested a lot of time and effort into making this brilliant film.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Oh wow, yes I was in awe when I watched the 'Making of' Documentary and they showed a sped-up version of half the ship being constructed (the part which is hanging vertically when it is about to completely sink)
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2018, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

there was a deleted scene where Rose comes down to Third Class/Steerage, looking for Jack, the morning after he saves her life on the stern railing. it's a really good scene where Rose is trying to deal with her feelings for him, though she doesn't quite know it yet until they walk and talk, and she sees his drawings. she is quite drawn to him by then, and her longing to escape the slavery of her forced marriage future. i honestly wish they would do another Definitive Cut with all these small scenes and beats included, they would give so much more emotional weight to their four days together, not that the finished versions didn't, but these scenes are great for the themes of the film and Rose's internal struggle and mindset.

add me too, please.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 06-16-2018, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^^ I agree, I want a full 4 hours of Titanic!

Added you!
Old 06-17-2018, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
there was a deleted scene where Rose comes down to Third Class/Steerage, looking for Jack, the morning after he saves her life on the stern railing. it's a really good scene where Rose is trying to deal with her feelings for him, though she doesn't quite know it yet until they walk and talk, and she sees his drawings. she is quite drawn to him by then, and her longing to escape the slavery of her forced marriage future. i honestly wish they would do another Definitive Cut with all these small scenes and beats included, they would give so much more emotional weight to their four days together, not that the finished versions didn't, but these scenes are great for the themes of the film and Rose's internal struggle and mindset.

I actually thought the condensed version works well, because a 4 day cruise will feel that fast. It showed their relationship in the way that it was meant to be portrayed -- fleeting yet intense.

Perhaps James Cameron was concerned that too much emphasis on their romance build-up would detract from the action and tragedy of everyone else's fates.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-17-2018, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
I actually thought the condensed version works well, because a 4 day cruise will feel that fast. It showed their relationship in the way that it was meant to be portrayed -- fleeting yet intense.

Perhaps James Cameron was concerned that too much emphasis on their romance build-up would detract from the action and tragedy of everyone else's fates.

i agree with you, but it would still be great to see an ultimate extended version with all the deleted scenes added, like a Jack and Rose commemorative version of Titanic for it's 25th anniversary in 2022. while i like the movie in it's entirety very much, i am truthfully much more drawn to the relationship of Jack and Rose, and i would love to see more of it!

thanks for adding me.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 06-17-2018, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^^ I still agree with that.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
i agree with you, but it would still be great to see an ultimate extended version with all the deleted scenes added, like a Jack and Rose commemorative version of Titanic for it's 25th anniversary in 2022. while i like the movie in it's entirety very much, i am truthfully much more drawn to the relationship of Jack and Rose, and i would love to see more of it!

Understood And I wouldn't be shocked at all if there's a 25th special edition

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-18-2018, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope there is an anniversary edition.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
I really hope there is an anniversary edition.
I hope so too

thanks for the cute gif, that whole scene with Jack & Rose in the car is probably one of the most intense and passionate scenes I've ever seen on-screen!
Old 06-20-2018, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^^ Well as for passion, I have to say there are some steamier scenes in films, but it's the innocence of their discovery of one another that's intense!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread