Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Nikki

I'm super psyched to see this movie. I was initially pretty nervous since it's one of my favorite books, but after seeing the trailer I'm alot less apprehensive.

Can't wait to see it.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma (View Post)
Nikki

I'm super psyched to see this movie. I was initially pretty nervous since it's one of my favorite books, but after seeing the trailer I'm alot less apprehensive.

Can't wait to see it.
Darling Mel!

I thought of you when I watched the trailer! It looked really good so maybe it's going to be okay after all. *fingers crossed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alina- (View Post)
I can't wait for this movie! Loved te book so much
Same here. I pretty much read it to prepare for the movie since it was filming already and now I'm so anxious to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeChiq (View Post)
Lifehouse is my favorite band ever, so having them in the trailer was just amazing for me lol. It definitely fit perfectly with the trailer
It really did! Lifehouse is a great band and the song captures the feel of the movie so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie20 (View Post)
I've never read the book but I saw the trailer when I went and seen My Sister's Keeper and this movie definatly looks good. Another tear jerker for sure!
lol I teared up watching the trailer for My Sister's Keeper. All the tear jerkers def mean that August is coming around the corner. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by navami (View Post)
Liked the preview....like Eric Bana... so will watch the movie
Hee! Eric Bana... *sighs*
Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Nikki I hope so. My fingers are crossed with you.

Eric Bana

And I agree about Lifehouse
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

I can't wait. I'll know to be ready to be charmed and cry a river. Hee.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

So excited for this movie! I'm a big fan of Rachel, and Eric's not so bad either. I absolutely loved the book, and I can't wait to see it unfold onscreen.

Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukia (View Post)
So excited for this movie! I'm a big fan of Rachel, and Eric's not so bad either. I absolutely loved the book, and I can't wait to see it unfold onscreen.
I'm excited to see them together in this. I wasn't so crazy for Rachel at first, but she has brilliant chemistry with most of her leading men so this could be really amazing with the two of them playing off each other.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
I'm excited to see them together in this. I wasn't so crazy for Rachel at first, but she has brilliant chemistry with most of her leading men so this could be really amazing with the two of them playing off each other.
Yeah, Rachel hasn't gone wrong in the chemistry department just yet. Hopefully, she'll keep up with it with Eric. *crossing fingers* I'm a bit more worried about Eric though. It's been hit or miss with him in regards to chemistry with his co-stars. He and Drew had zero chemistry in Lucky You, and he wasn't all that great in The Other Boleyn Girl (which wasn't his fault because I thought the movie sucked in general). Loved him in Munich and Troy though!

Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Crazy excited for this movie to be released! Definitely one of my favourite books.

In case anyone is interested the website, here, has been updated with some cool stuff. And you can watch all the tv spots at TheMovieBox.Net.
kayrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks so much for the links! All the updates and promos coming out are making me so anxious! August 13 can't get here soon enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukia (View Post)
Yeah, Rachel hasn't gone wrong in the chemistry department just yet. Hopefully, she'll keep up with it with Eric. *crossing fingers* I'm a bit more worried about Eric though. It's been hit or miss with him in regards to chemistry with his co-stars. He and Drew had zero chemistry in Lucky You, and he wasn't all that great in The Other Boleyn Girl (which wasn't his fault because I thought the movie sucked in general). Loved him in Munich and Troy though!
I didn't see Lucky You but I agree about The Other Boleyn Girl not being a great movie for him.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Great trailer, I haven't read the book, but I'm looking forward to seeing the film..

crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I finished re-reading the book again recently, so it's all fresh in my mind again.

I would say, I hope the movie lives up to the book, but I actually didn't really love the book...just something about how it was written. I feel it could've been way more romantic than clinical, which is what it seemed like during many parts of the book. What I did love, though, was the Henry/Clare romance. And the trailer looks really good, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
I finished re-reading the book again recently, so it's all fresh in my mind again.
That's good!! I tried to re-read it in preparation for the movie, but I got a bit distracted by other books. I loved the book, but it wasn't the easiest book for me to zip through. I hope to at least skim through some parts before seeing the movie.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't love the book. I just felt the author could've written it more romantically than clinically, which is how so much of it came out to me. But I did/do love the love story that is Henry/Clare. I find them utterly breathtaking.

And I just found out the guy who adapted this from book to film is the same guy who wrote Ghost. Ghost is only my favorite romantic drama [movie] ever [and as much of a romantic as I am, I rarely seem to like romantic dramas]. So I'm even more stoked for this movie now!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
I didn't love the book. I just felt the author could've written it more romantically than clinically, which is how so much of it came out to me.
How so was it written "clinically"? Do you mean the book is extremely technical in its description of some things, like say, maybe Michael Crichton was in with description in his novels, or was just emotionally-detatched in its illustration sometimes? I haven't read the book yet, I'm torn between waiting to see the movie or running to my not-so-near library and hoping they have a copy to read.
family bonds are never meant to be broken."
- The Farron Sisters
J.R. MacReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

I think the movie will be more focused on Henry/Clare than the book. I do have to say that I love that the book was about Henry's problem and his love affair was one of the elements.

But it looks like the movie will be more of a love story. That's cool too.