Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 12:53 AM
Absolute Fan

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Series #1

Okay.....

I have several comments, I didn't see a thread for this movie, which I am sure it was discussed in October of last year, but anyways...

I feel like an idiot, I grew up thinking Leatherface, was an actual person who killed people with a cahinsaw.. I never realized it was a character semi created from a real serial killer in wisconsin, who did hang people on hooks and make skin covers for his face with flesh, but seriously I can't believe that there was no Texas Massacre, a survivor who told the story or a Chainsaw Killer, but It is still spooky, but Leatherface, has always been the number one Villan that terrified me. I hate the woods and old houses, cause they always made me think of Leatherface.

I rewatched the Original & The Remake tonight.

I loved the remake, it litterally made all those childhood fears I had come crashing back to me. they are the same movie, but different in so many ways, the way remakes are suppost to be. I think both are terrific, I think the casting was great in the remake, I was skepticle of Jessica Biel, but man her acting sent chills down my spine, as well as Erica's screaming.

And OH MY GOD the beginning, 10 minutes into, the girl, that blew her brains out, the camera range, I litterally got sick to my stomach. I also have to comment, that in all my years of watching and loving Horror movies, that this one made me scream out loud, something I have never done before.

so I am curious as to what everyone else thought.

Is it Better? Is it awful? Is it just as good? Did you scream or jump? And are you afraid of leatherface [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited +*~*+SASHA+*~*+ ]
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 02-17-2015 at 07:18 PM
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Supreme Fan

I loved the remake a whole lot better then the original. Only one part I didn’t like and that would have to be when Erin is screaming after the girl shot herself it looked like she was about to laugh or something, but other then that loved it.

My favorite part would have to be Erin’s last scene with Andy…

Who was everyone’s favorite character? I liked Andy

My Thoughts
~*RaineDayz*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Master Fan

i didn't really like it at all. i know a lot of people actually who didn't like it.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

I saw the re-make last night, and lets just say I'm glad I didn't see it in the theater like I was going to.

I knew nothing about this all, which made it all the more interesting for me. Are you talking about Ed Gein? If so, he wasn;'t a serial killer, but I immediately thought of him while watching this and seeing all the body parts. Ed Gein would dig up graves and take parts, making skin lampsand such. Eww. If not, I have no idea who you're talking about, and want to know. I live in WI. Not cool.

I thought this movie was true? I mean parts.

Jessi did an amazing job. I didn't know who would end up being axed off first, and I know that there are no set rules for horror movies. Not anymore, everyone breaks them. From the beginnning I had goosebumps, and was screaming half the time. My face matched the actors, I felt their fear. I started laughing, just to try and calm myself. So when Jessi about laughed at the girl, maybe she was trying not to panic in the role of Erin.

When the ring fell out of Kemper's pocket... That was sad.

I liked Erin, also the little boy. For some reason.
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

So I just got back from the movies and saw this one and man I really really loved it!

At first I wasn't too sure if they would have made it good cos well, this genre tends to over do it sometimes, but man it was good!

The fight and death scenes are really nice and totally not over the top. Not to mention the cast is fantastic! Jordana Brewster makes a fine scream queen and Matt Bomer makes a fine damsel in distress.

imdb info

Plot Outline: On one last road trip before they're sent to serve in Vietnam, two friends (Handley and Bomer) and their girlfriends (Baird and Brewster) get into an accident that calls their local sheriff (Ermey) to the scene. Thus begins a terrifying experience where the teens are taken to a secluded house of horrors, where a young, would-be killer is being nurtured.

Credited cast: Jordana Brewster, Taylor Handley, Diora Baird, Matthew Bomer, Lee Tergesen, R. Lee Erney and Andrew Bryniarski.
*Lethe's Bramble* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:58 AM
New Fan

I loved this too.. I was actually screaming and shouting while watching this film...I really feel very tired, after watching it...lolz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."

Last edited by Chris; 11-14-2006 at 11:01 AM Reason: advertising
leahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Heh there wasn't any screaming in the theatre when I was watching it, but there were some including my own
Old 11-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Absolute Fan

i thought it was pretty good, it seemed more violent to me than the one that came out a few years back but, i enjoyed it.
jalapeno_wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

Oh I didn't think it was that violent, but then again I was mostly destracted by Jordana
Old 11-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im waiting for it to come out on DVD, but I have heard some pretty good reviews on it, and I do like the TCM movies.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

I saw it and really liked it. I wasn't sure how I'd like it without Jessica Biel, but I thought Jordana Brewster did a good job.

It was sad when
Spoiler:
Moonlight~Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked the movie...but, one thing bothered me. And I'll put it in spoiler tags because it's the end.

Spoiler:

I didn't like how it seemed like it was a planned move. I always thought Leatherface was more of a kill now, ask questions later. There was never really any kind of strategy. I didn't think he could even think...or devise a plan. It's not his style and it actually left me confused/dissappointed.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

So did it show Leatherface then as a baby and teenanger?
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:39 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah the ending kinda caught me off guard as well. I mean, I kinda get they went that way, but still it didn't make sense for the character.

And yeah we got to see how and where Leatherface was born and how he ended up with that family and what drove him to his actions.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm18 (View Post)
So did it show Leatherface then as a baby and teenanger?
We saw him as a baby, but not as a teenager.
Moonlight~Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread