Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by navami (View Post)
I liked the movie and CB .....love him. Wonder why the movie got such a bad rap It was well made...tho' a little hard to follow if you didn't know the background.... but still .. I am glad I watched it
You mean besides the Trepidation from Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, the fact that alot of people can't hurtle over the ideal that McG is directing, Bale's "Moment" or his "Batman/Baddass Voice", and the majority belief that if its not directed my James Cameron then its no good as a Terminator film (I.E., Cannon)? Who knows, but, frankly, I'm glad its being better recieved internationally than it is here in the US. I didn't think Bale's performance was boring; Its not his strongest, as I said before, but given what the character has to deal with, I wasn't bothered. He was sort of like his mother in Judgement Day, only instead of being driven crazy by what would happen (because he's living it), I think most of that "anger" came from the fact that none of the higher-ups were listening to him taking him seriously.
family bonds are never meant to be broken."
- The Farron Sisters
J.R. MacReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Terminator Genisys 2015

'Terminator 5': Can this franchise (and Arnold Schwarzenegger) be good again? | PopWatch | EW.com

As EW reported last night, Schwarzenegger is currently slated to revisit the franchise in a new film, pending his approval of the script. So, the question is: Can a Schwarzenegger-Terminator reunion return the film series (and its star) to onscreen greatness?
Purely from an economic perspective, it makes sense for the star to revisit one of his most iconic hits. Fellow Planet Hollywood investors Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis scored their biggest hits in years when they refurbished their Rocky and Die Hard franchises. (Heck, Stallone basically turned himself into a walking monument for retro-action, with another Rambo movie and the ’80s-gasm known as The Expendables.) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull might have made Temple of Doom look like Raiders of the Lost Ark, but that didn’t stop it from grossing almost $800 million worldwide. Heck, you could argue that Schwarzenegger, always a canny businessman, practically invented the whole notion of revisiting a sainted action franchise with Terminator 3, which grossed over $400 million globally. I’m a huge Arnold fan, and I know that I’d go see Terminator 5 even if it were directed by Uwe Boll.

But let’s put aside financial considerations, and really ponder here: How could you make Terminator 5 an actual good movie? I think the series needs to go back to basics. The best part about the first two movies is the apocalyptic mood — you feel as if the fate of the world rests on every decision the characters make. The second two movies didn’t get the joke — they actually decided to show the apocalypse, at which point Terminator basically became Mad Max with lamer cars. The films also fell victim to excessive continuity, a natural outgrowth of a narrative filled with time-traveling plot holes. (This was especially obvious when the franchise transformed into a TV show that might as well have been called Terminator: Ow, My Space-Time Continuum Hurts!) I say: Reboot the whole damn thing into the present day. Cut down on the digital effects. And above all, make Schwarzenegger the villain again. As silly as Terminator Salvation was, there was something undeniably fascinating about seeing a villainous Schwarzenegger again, even in digi-pet form.

Fivequels tend to have a horrible, horrible history in Hollywood, so there are reasons to be skeptical. But with Fast Five director Justin Lin reportedly attached to the new Terminator, there are also reasons to be hopeful. PopWatchers, how would you make the new Terminator better? Want to see Schwarzenegger play a villain again, or do you prefer the heroic Terminator? And is this new film further evidence that Skynet has already begun its takeover of the world?
Follow Darren on Twitter @EWDarrenFranich

Follow up now there is talks with Linda Hamilton returning as well

Posted: April 30th, 2011 by WorstPreviews.com Staff

We already know that "Fast Five" director Justin Lin is going around town pitching the fifth "Terminator" film, which has Arnold Schwarzenegger attached to star.

There's still no script, but LatinoReview just learned that in addition to Schwarzenegger, the entire original cast will return as well. The site wasn't able to get any names, but assumes that their source was talking about Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn.

Since the new film is rumored to take place in the present, it's tough to imagine that Edward Furlong would return to play John Connor.

To find out if there is any truth to this, AITH reached out to Biehn, who said that he doesn't know anything about this. The actor could be lying or maybe Kyle Reese doesn't fit into the new storyline. Stay tuned.

Source: LatinoReview
Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn to Return for Terminator 5? | WorstPreviews.com

Last edited by Logan; 12-04-2014 at 01:21 PM Reason: updated thread
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

This is good news! I have to admit I didn't totally hate Salvation, but it didn't feel like Terminator. Arnold being back would be a great, and if Justin Lin is attached to it, even better.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:09 AM
New Fan

Terminator: Genisys (2015)

The plot seems outstanding. I might be bragging but to connect the installment with 9 year old Sarah Connor...That's just be amazing and the news about aging of Arnold, he would be fit for the roll as he is because the terminator sent back to the past actually to take care of 9 year old Sarah. And when she refused to accept her future, terminator eventually lost his target and and ended up just kind of living on in society. And due to his outer covering [of the Terminator] was actually not synthetic, that it was organic and therefore could age.
chris lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Terminator: Genisys is set in 2029, when the Future War is raging and a group of human rebels has the evil artificial-intelligence system Skynet on the ropes. John Connor is the leader of the resistance, and Kyle Reese is his loyal soldier, raised in the ruins of post apocalyptic California. As in the original film, Connor sends Reese back to 1984 to save Connor’s mother, Sarah, from a Terminator programmed to kill her so that she won’t ever give birth to John. But what Reese finds on the other side is nothing like he expected.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 12-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the teaser!
Old 12-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

James Bond #24 "Spectre" November 2015

The new cast was annouced today in England .filming is starting next week for a 2015 release

James Bond 24 Titled Spectre, Cast and Car Announced - SuperHeroHype

Quote:
This morning, Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment announced that the 24th James Bond film will be titled Spectre! Filming will start on Monday, December 8 for the November 6, 2015 release.

The cast (in the order they were announced) includes Rory Kinnear as Tanner, Ben Whishaw as Q, Naomie Harris as Moneypenny, Ralph Fiennes as M, Andrew Scott as Denbigh, David Bautista as Mr Hinx, Monica Bellucci as Lucia Sciarra, Léa Seydoux as Madeleine Swann, Christoph Waltz as Oberhauser and, of course, Daniel Craig as 007.

Spectre will be filming at Pinewood London, Mexico City, Rome, Tangier & Erfoud, Morocco, Sölden, Obertilliach and Lake Altausee and Austria. Also, James Bond’s new car in Spectre will be the Aston Martin DB10, created exclusively for the movie.

Last edited by Logan; 12-04-2014 at 09:23 AM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:41 PM
New Fan

Gonna be great.
Psychowad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well here we are 3 yrs later and we have a movie for summer of 2015

Terminator Genisys Movie

Old 12-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here it is
Old 12-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Terminator Genisys
Old 12-10-2014, 10:44 PM
New Fan

Nice.. I was always been a long time terminator fan..
surfville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pretty cool posters. I like it.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Looking forward to this.