Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Tell Us About Your Movie Phases and Obsessions!

I went through a Colin Farrell phase. I watched every movie I could get my hands on.

My Viggo Mortensen phase was more difficult because he's in a lot of rare movies, so I never got to see them all. But I still have an American Yakuza DVD kicking around.

My Slasher phase was a lot of fun and lasted a long time. Well, I still like them but I don't have to watch every Slasher released like before.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Good one!

My phases center around actor/actress love never really about a particular genre.

I have seen every Johnny Depp film, Leo Dicaprio, Kate Winslet, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe and I'm sure I have more but right now those are the main ones I can think of.

I just get super obsessed over the talent and have to see everything.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Loyal Fan

I have directors phases. When I really love a movie, I need to watch all of the director's movies, and preferably in a chronological order.
My last one was James Gray (that was fast, he only has four movies ).

I'll watch any Asian movie, except Bollywood movies, horror and action.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Loyal Fan

I had a WW2 phase and I had to watch every movie. Of course this phase faded after several movies cause it's depressing and most of the time the same thing. And there are so many bad WW2 movies out there, it's unbelievable.

But I also have my actor/actress phase, including Liev Schreiber, Michael Fassbender, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, River Phoenix, Colin Farrell, Kate Winslet, and Joaquin Phoenix. They are pretty permanent and I really try to see all of their movies.
~Adema~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taovande (View Post)
I just get super obsessed over the talent and have to see everything.
Thanks! It's the same with me, whether it's someone who is always hanging around in the background or a recurrent protagonist. I have to confess: I have never watched a Marilyn Monroe movie even though I always mean to.

Noctambule - I hear you about directors! I had a short Joel Schumacher phase - not exactly famous for brilliance but for an universally panned Batman. Yet I something about his work appeals to me though I can't quite put my finger on it.

Adema - Same with Liev Schreiber, Leonardo Dicaprio and Joaquin Phoenix! Joaquin Phoenix has played all kinds of people and been in all sorts of movies so it was fun to go from one extreme to the other. I have a friend who loves war movies from any era; we watched as many as we could a few years back. It really does gets depressing and repetitive after a while, but you can't help but feel transported while you're watching.

I can't believe I forgot Cillian Murphy. After 28 Days Later and Girl with a Pearl Earring I was obsessed.

And of course Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt have been life long 'obsessions'. I can't even remember what movie started it, only that it's always been there.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

My Phases and Obsessions: I pretty much watched almost all of Johnny Depp, Leonardo Dicaprio, Kate Winslet, Zac Efron, Jared Padalecki, Hayden Christensen, Reese Witherspoon and Rachel McAdams films.

Damon♥Elena Oliver♥Felicity Rafael♥Jane Elijah♥Hayley
Velvetsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great topic idea!

Gerard Butler is one of my current obsessions. I'm going through his movies now... it started with The Phantom of the Opera.

Others: Natalie Portman (The Professional), Leo DiCaprio (Titanic)...

I'm also in that phase to watch all of John Hughes movies...
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Banned

I have seen all of the movies of Christina Ricci, Leonardo Dicaprio, Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp!!

My current obsession right now is Chris Hemsworth; loved him in Thor.
XXXEmmaXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I went through a Colin Farrell phase.
me too. seen quite a few of his movies. I still have a weak spot for him and his sexy accent

when I was between 12 and about 14 I used to come home from school and put a movie in. for a long time it was Grease, then Cutting Edge and then Stricly Ballroom

and I was obsessed with Romeo + Juliet. saw it 5 times in the cine, searched half the city for a VHS in original sound, watched and recorded every interview I could get my hands on
carly-hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

My obsessions always start like this: I watch a movie -> start fangirling about the main actress -> try to see which of her movies would interest me

At the moment is Bibi Andersson and for directors Pedro Almodovar.
zazie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

I am still fangirling about Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet in "Titanic" I try to watch all of there movies and search the internet for all of the Pictures they've taken together and look for quotes about them. I was happy when I watched Opera and Leo said his Favorite on screen Kiss was with Kate Winslet. I am so happy they made another movie together

---------------
Other Phases and Obsessions: Ewan McGregor in "Moulin Rouge" and Adam Brody

Damon♥Elena Oliver♥Felicity Rafael♥Jane Elijah♥Hayley
Velvetsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)

Adema - Same with Liev Schreiber, Leonardo Dicaprio and Joaquin Phoenix! Joaquin Phoenix has played all kinds of people and been in all sorts of movies so it was fun to go from one extreme to the other. I have a friend who loves war movies from any era; we watched as many as we could a few years back. It really does gets depressing and repetitive after a while, but you can't help but feel transported while you're watching.
Nah, I never really felt transported when I was watching a war movie. But I was always asking myself how anyone could fight for his country and even gave his life for it. But I think that's another topic Still, that's the main reason why I watch war movies.
I love about Liev Schreiber, Joaquin Phoenix and Leonardo DiCaprio that they can play characters with depth and a dark side. It's not just good or bad. Or even if they're the bad guys you pity them in a way, cause they have a history that made them like that. It's my soft spot, men who suffer

Last edited by ~Adema~; 07-07-2011 at 02:11 PM
~Adema~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

When I was around 15 I went through a Val Kilmer phase. I saw "The Saint" and that was then end of me

At 17 I randomly bought a movie called "Tigerland" and became obsessed with the lead actor, which turned out to be Colin Farrell. I always seem to find actors before they take off. No one knew who Colin was at the time, so I was alone in my obsession.

Another obsession I had before he saw a blip on anyone's radar was Jeremy Renner. He was on one episode of this show called "The It Factor: Los Angeles" which was was reality TV show of people trying to be famous. He was on, and he talked about this movie he just did called "Dahmer," which i HAD to check out, because I have this weird thing for serial killers. And then of course, he ended up in S.W.A.T. with Colin Farrell
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:09 AM
Elite Fan

That's pretty awesome, Chris! If I remember correctly, Phone Booth and The Recruit started my Colin phase, then I worked my way back Tigerland. He was amazing in it.

Ah, Mr. Renner.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

OMG! Was I even speaking English in that last post?!?!? That just teaches you not to post when you're exhausted. Shesh. How embarrassing!
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread