Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 01:08 PM
I am a basketball genius!

OK. I didn't know that it is a complete reboot. Do you think it will be like ''Batman Begins'' then where Clark Kent will pretty much start from the beginning of his life then & have ''Man of Steel'' be the beginning of a Trilogy?
Old 07-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
OK. I didn't know that it is a complete reboot. Do you think it will be like ''Batman Begins'' then where Clark Kent will pretty much start from the beginning of his life then
I can only presume but I have the strong feeling that the " revise origin" parts will be done in just flashbacks, Clark Kent will be shown as a freelance globe traveling journalist at first before the eventual Daily Planet hire . It's more or less got some elements from the graphic comics novels Superman:Birthright and Earth 1. it's been confirmed that Krypton will not be an ice planet like the Christopher Reeve's movies and the Krytponian costumes will have a futuristic medieval aesthetic. And that Superman will actually throw punches and be more physical in fighting his enemies. But we need to watch the film to know the overall plot and twist in the film of course.lol!

Quote:
& have ''Man of Steel'' be the beginning of a Trilogy?
If Man of Steel will really do well next year(hopefully), I believe it's very much inevitable that WB will order for sequels.

Last edited by denise19; 07-05-2012 at 06:32 PM
Old 07-06-2012, 01:49 PM

I'm sure it will do well. ''Superman Returns'' did terrific at the Box Office & it certainly has it's share of fans that didn't that movie.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
New Fan

Is Luthor in this? I haven't heard anything about casting for him.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

lex luthor has been over done. new villains is desperately needed in this reboot. not saying luthor shouldn't be or won't be in a expectant series (if this ends up being made into one). i think they need to give luthor a break. when time permits, i'm sure he'll grace the screen again.

it's like you can't have a batman without joker popping up at some point. so, i'm sure luthor will have his time with sup, not just now. other villains need to be shown.

Last edited by Sarei; 07-06-2012 at 08:00 PM
Old 07-06-2012, 03:37 PM

A Batman film without the Joker in it happened in ''Batman Returns'' & that was an enjoyable movie to me. Similar to Batman, Superman has had a bunch of enemies, so there are plenty of other options for him to do battle against in future movies & a lot of them are more powerful than Lex Luthor.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

^agree.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
A Batman film without the Joker in it happened in ''Batman Returns'' & that was an enjoyable movie to me. Similar to Batman, Superman has had a bunch of enemies, so there are plenty of other options for him to do battle against in future movies & a lot of them are more powerful than Lex Luthor.
I agree.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornpudding (View Post)
Is Luthor in this? I haven't heard anything about casting for him.
No. He isn't scheduled to be in this movie. General Zod is going to be the main villain in it.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
No. He isn't scheduled to be in this movie. General Zod is going to be the main villain in it.
plus Faora and unknown very,very ,very Huge and grotesque Kryptonian that yet to be revealed.

Comic Con updates ,folks:

1.aside from the MOS Hall H panel presentation, there will be an MOS artworks booth
2. MOS collectible bags will be there(the swag!yay!lol! )

3. there is a 'session' at the Warner Bros booth right after the Man of Steel panel/event. (5pm - 5:30 Saturday) There might be an autograph thing happening.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise19 (View Post)
plus Faora and unknown very,very ,very Huge and grotesque Kryptonian that yet to be revealed.

Comic Con updates ,folks:

1.aside from the MOS Hall H panel presentation, there will be an MOS artworks booth
2. MOS collectible bags will be there(the swag!yay!lol! )

3. there is a 'session' at the Warner Bros booth right after the Man of Steel panel/event. (5pm - 5:30 Saturday) There might be an autograph thing happening.
thanks for the comic con updates. Other MOS/Comic Con news:

An exclusive interview of Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel composer Hans Zimmer regarding the process of making the new MOS score. Here are some quotes on the interview:

Quote:
”I phoned Zack and said I am really, really sorry about these rumours – it wasn’t me, it’s just a misunderstanding. You’ve got your composer and I never tried to get in between relationships or anything like that. We started talking and he told me about his ideas for the character and his take was really interesting. I started getting a couple of ideas as a result. I said to Zack – and Warners and Chris [Nolan] and everyone involved – “don’t talk to me about it until we finish [The Dark Knight Rises]“ …. and, within 15 minutes of finishing it, we were talking about it.”

I’ll try my best not to embarrass myself and my colleagues on the film. I’m definitely going to have a go! In a funny way, it’s exactly because Superman is such an opposite character to Batman that I am welcoming the opportunity to do the music.”

Has he seen footage from the film? “Yes. All you’re going to get out of me is a “yes”! No elaborations! I’ve started it and am in the ideas phase. I am driving people crazy with my experiments and am trying to write a tune.” The one thing Zimmer will say is that his signature use of percussion – which he jokingly refers to as “his endless quest for the perfect drum-hit” will not be as prevalent in MAN OF STEEL as on his Batman scores. “I am going to try and avoid it. It’s a big conversation I am having with myself right now: how can we avoid that…!!“
credit :EXCLUSIVE: Hans Zimmer Talks Superman Score � Danny Graydon

*According to this article:
Quote:
the teaser trailer will not be available on the internet right away, but it will be attached to the release of TDKR in theaters (US opens in July 20) and for a period of time this will be the only way to see the teaser trailer. (In France, TDKR opens July 25.)

*translated to English
source:"Man of Steel" : des images avant "The Dark Knight Rises" ! - News films Tournages - AlloCiné

so, MOS' teaser trailer is confirmed to be attached with The Dark Knight Rises. The Alberta Film Ratings has given the new teaser a G rating and states that it is 1 minute and 27 seconds long.source: Man of Steel Teaser Running Time Revealed - ComingSoon.net

MOS fan artwork

and Henry Cavill in a London event few days ago. Positively suave man.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Best wishes with Hans Zimmer on his job making music for MOS.

and no surprise that the MOS teaser trailer is attached with Dark Knight Rises.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise19 (View Post)

and no surprise that the MOS teaser trailer is attached with Dark Knight Rises.
Yep.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't tell you how many times I've watched the teaser trailer.

There are two different voiceovers.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

First one is Jonathan Kent and the other is Jor-El.

kenny | credit
Closed Thread   Post New Thread