Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Cullen (View Post)
Thank you I knew that look looked familiar!
You're welcome. I have a feeling that MOS is going to be big and will make a huge star of Henry Cavill. He has already two movie line up before MOS which areImmortals(2011) and The Cold Light of Day (2012) .
Old 09-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday123 (View Post)
You're welcome. I have a feeling that MOS is going to be big and will make a huge star of Henry Cavill.
Yeah I think so too. I remember looking forward to Superman Returns. As much as I liked it I wasn't nearly as hyped up as I am for MOS. I think this one will actually be a success.
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yeah I think so too. I remember looking forward to Superman Returns. As much as I liked it I wasn't nearly as hyped up as I am for MOS. I think this one will actually be a success.
Exactly! MOS will be a total departure from Richard Donner's versions of the 70's.-- a complete reboot that fits 21st century sensibilities but retaining the core character of Clark Kent/Superman. And yes! I was quite disappointed with Superman Returns because it was really an obvious homage to the original movies of 70's yet Brandon Routh failed to measure to the greatness of Christopher Reeve's performance as Superman . Anyway,it's time for The Man of Steel to reclaim his throne as THE superhero again. And I think Cavill can pull it off! In other words, I'm also very excited about it as well.

Last edited by denise19; 09-20-2011 at 04:14 AM
Old 09-20-2011, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise19 (View Post)
And yes! I was quite disappointed with Superman Returns because it was really an obvious homage to the original movies of 70's
I liked the homage. That was Bryan Singer's intent all along but the storyline was too slow and there wasn't enough action.

Quote:
Anyway,it's time for The Man of Steel to reclaim his throne as THE superhero again. And I think Cavill can pull it off! In other words, I'm also very excited about it as well.
Totally agree. And from the spoiler pics we've been getting it seems like MOS will actually be a movie worth watching since the 70s. It's all ready got tons of action and a more deeper edge.

~*~*~*~

So what do you all think of the casting?
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-26-2011, 12:30 AM
J_E
Part-Time Fan

I didn't even know there was a new Superman in 2012

more I saw that there was Olivia Wild ^^
Old 09-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_E (View Post)
I didn't even know there was a new Superman in 2012

more I saw that there was Olivia Wild ^^
Actually Man of Steel is officially opening in June 14,2013.

Lois Lane is played by Amy Adams. and I have a feeling this new reboot will be huge.

Quote:
So what do you all think of the casting?
Awesome and inspired. Honestly,I didn't expect Amy Adams to be cast as Lois but she is a very good versatile actress and has proven to transform herself into different characters in her movies . So I'm rooting for her success as Lois and for her and Henry to have an amazing Clark and Lois chemistry/dynamic in the film.

Last edited by denise19; 09-26-2011 at 09:55 AM
Old 09-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This movie is gonna be epic!

The casting is great so far.

I can't wait to see the Amy Adams/Henry Cavill dynamic. They both seem right for their roles now we just need to see how it will be on screen.

So are you all going spoiler crazy or will there be things you don't want to know?

I plan to get every spoiler I can get my hands on
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
This movie is gonna be epic!

The casting is great so far.

I can't wait to see the Amy Adams/Henry Cavill dynamic. They both seem right for their roles now we just need to see how it will be on screen.
I'm crossing my fingers for an awesome Superman movie for the 21st century as well!! And yeah,I can't wait for henry and amy's dynamic in the movie. I hope the famous Lane and Kent banter will be present in the movie. And did you see Clark's get up in that spoiler pic in the previous page? He's wearing plaid with a tie... Plaid with a freakin' tie! Adorkable and so Clark Kent. I wonder if Lois is gonna tease him about his fashion sense in the movie?

Michael Shannon who is playing Zod commented about the quality of MOS script:

Quote:
Question:For something like Man of Steel, if that script was mediocre, would you have still done it just because it’s Superman?
Michael Shannon: I would still want the script to be ready to go. One of the main things on that is that Chris Nolan and David Goyer were in there writing the script, and those guys know what they’re doing. It can’t just be because it’s Superman. There’s no promises anybody’s going to automatically love the movie just because it’s Superman. There still has to be quality in all aspects of it. And yeah, I felt very confident making the decision to be involved because of the script, and because of Zack’s work as well.

source:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=47150

Awesome.

Regarding spoilers,I look at the set photos but I promise myself that I won't spoil myself waaay too much.

Last edited by denise19; 09-27-2011 at 11:17 PM
Old 09-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I saw Clark's look. To quote SmallvilleLois, "It's very...Clark Kent"

I am anxious to see how Michael will play the role of Zod. I am hoping he'll be excellent but right now I don't see him taking my #2 spot.
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

I am anxious to see how Michael will play the role of Zod. I am hoping he'll be excellent but right now I don't see him taking my #2 spot.
I'm hoping he's gonna be great as well. I've heard that he's very "method" in his acting.

Quote:
Yeah I saw Clark's look. To quote SmallvilleLois, "It's very...Clark Kent"
Speaking of Clark and Lois,I've got this general synopsis of the movie but one thing caught my eye regarding clark and lois in it:
Quote:
Later, the amiable Clark (Henry Cavill) becomes a reporter for the Metropolis newspaper "The Daily Planet," and strikes up a friendship with crackerjack journalist Lois Lane (Amy Adams).
source:Man of Steel Plot and Cast | Movies.com

Yay! Lois and Clark are actually friends in the movie! We can expect some bantering and some teasing from Lois regarding Clark's wardrobe of choice. Or some romantic undertones bubbling in the surface in their interactions with one another. this is encouraging because in Superman Returns,there were no friendship at all between the two in that movie.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm taking that "friendship" bit with a grain of salt. Maybe it doesn't mean 'friendship' in the conventional sense but in a Lois & Clark way. Regardless of what happens I'm excited.
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'm taking that "friendship" bit with a grain of salt. Maybe it doesn't mean 'friendship' in the conventional sense but in a Lois & Clark way. Regardless of what happens I'm excited.
Well at least there is a friendship than let's say a one sided non existing friendship in Superman Returns. And I have a feeling that Cavill's not going to be playing Metropolis Clark as overtly bumbling like Chris Reeves or how Brandon Routh imitated Chris Reeve's in Returns. And I have read spoilers indicating that Lois and Clark are friends in the real sense of the word. If you want to know,I'll pm you Ron.

Quote:
Maybe it doesn't mean 'friendship' in the conventional sense but in a Lois & Clark way
If it is a Lois and Clark kind of" friendship" as you put it, at least we can expect some sort of banter and real interaction in the Daily Planet on Man of Steel unlike again the pathetic way Superman Returns portrayed Lois and Clark . Lois in that particular movie treated Clark like a forgettable afterthought. Also in the original Superman movies of Christopher Reeve,even though you can see Lois swooning over Superman,she still treated Clark as her friend.

Last edited by maisie7; 09-30-2011 at 12:03 AM
Old 09-30-2011, 10:39 PM
J_E
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise19 (View Post)
Actually Man of Steel is officially opening in June 14,2013.

Lois Lane is played by Amy Adams. and I have a feeling this new reboot will be huge.
in 2013

Amy Adams....interresting

Emma: Wie war ich?
Jenny: Zum Verlieben♥
Old 10-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisie7 (View Post)
Well at least there is a friendship than let's say a one sided non existing friendship in Superman Returns. And I have a feeling that Cavill's not going to be playing Metropolis Clark as overtly bumbling like Chris Reeves or how Brandon Routh imitated Chris Reeve's in Returns. And I have read spoilers indicating that Lois and Clark are friends in the real sense of the word. If you want to know,I'll pm you Ron.
Sure those spoilers would be great thanks

Quote:
If it is a Lois and Clark kind of" friendship" as you put it, at least we can expect some sort of banter and real interaction in the Daily Planet on Man of Steel unlike again the pathetic way Superman Returns portrayed Lois and Clark . Lois in that particular movie treated Clark like a forgettable afterthought. Also in the original Superman movies of Christopher Reeve,even though you can see Lois swooning over Superman,she still treated Clark as her friend.

Yeah. I'm kind of hoping they play it in a way like Tom and Erica did with Smallville. They couldn't stand each other in the beginning but by midway they became best friends and that ultimately made them best lovers.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yeah. I'm kind of hoping they play it in a way like Tom and Erica did with Smallville. They couldn't stand each other in the beginning but by midway they became best friends and that ultimately made them best lovers.

some MOS news from another interview form Michael Shannon:

Quote:
G: What can you tell us about the scale of “Man of Steel”?

MS: It’s unlike anything I’ve ever done. It’s massive sets. It’s literally another world. It’s the first time I’ve acted on another planet.

OG: What is it like acting on a set like that?

MS: As much green screen as there is and I’m sure will be, they’re actually building a lot of the sets as well. I had thought it was just going to be green screens everywhere and we would just be pretending everything. There’s quite a bit of detail they’re building and putting into it. It’s very helpful. The less green screen, the better — I don’t think you’d be able to find an actor on Earth who wouldn’t have that sentiment.
source: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/...en-world-sets/

Wow! they actually made real elaborate sets! Less CGI the better.

Last edited by denise19; 10-02-2011 at 10:38 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread