Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok saw it last night can say the theater of over 600 fans packed I MAX had a good applause at the end . I rated the movie three stats for the changes they made to the story . There where parts i did not like and parts i really enjoyed.

This bit I do not think needs to be put into spoliers, cause if you think you are going to see this and not get a huge battle ,well you are seeing the wrong movie .

Same battle same Huge city same massive destruction just two super beings going at it . nothing at all like Superman 2 in which Superman fought of Zod and the two other phantom zone supervillans . Hell take same big city form Avengers Hulk Thor any attack on Earth movie that is what I saw ...

The villans had a different take and look i liked that ,Superman different look and outlook was very good lois lane/amy adams was the best portayal in the modern era .

Spoiler:
Old 06-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

I like Batman, but I've never been more excited about a Superman as I am this one. I think Henry is the best choice and he almost had the role for Superman Returns, but was re-cast with Brandon Routh.

This is his time to show his diversity, not only as an actor, but to prove that he can take an iconic role like Superman, and make him relatable.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Man of Steel is estimated to bring in domesticaly over 125 mililion this weekend . plus another $90 to 100 million oversees ...
Old 06-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject87 (View Post)
Just my opinion but The Dark Knight was a far better movie.

I'm biased though, because Batman is my favorite comic book hero
i wouldn't even make comparison to tdk. tdk is on a completely different level. i don't compare that film to any comic book adaptation b/c there's no film like it. definitely 1 of a kind.

like you, i'm a bat fan first. as for updating superman to today's audience in today's world that could open up for dc on film, then it was a solid start. the film has its flaws, but my likes out weigh the dislikes. i have to say that i'm definitely loving henry cavill as superman.
--The Dark Knight Rises
(avatar courtesy from messenjahmatt)

Last edited by Sarei; 06-15-2013 at 07:03 PM
Old 06-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

To me Henry Cavill fits the image of today's Superman. The way Superman is in the comics now reflected well in the movie.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

So currently...my brother, dad, sister-in-law and nieces and nephew, are all at the theatre watching Man of Steel...if I had money i would be there too!

They took my dad as a father's day gift!

So jealous!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
Just saw this movie and I have to say as much of a Batman fan I am. This was better than The Dark Knight Rises but not better than The Dark Knight. I will say this movie tops the original. I liked Christopher Reeve films.

Henry nailed it as Superman. He is our Superman of this generation with all due respect to Welling and Routh fans.
I agree with all of this. And I loved The Dark Knight Rises. I think The Dark Knight is the best comic book movie ever and it will be very hard to top it but MoS was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
To me Henry Cavill fits the image of today's Superman. The way Superman is in the comics now reflected well in the movie.
Exactly. I'm tired of people thinking Superman is only the 50s comics. I'm glad they used some comics of the past 20 years and tried to bring some different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
Same battle same Huge city same massive destruction just two super beings going at it . nothing at all like Superman 2 in which Superman fought of Zod and the two other phantom zone supervillans . Hell take same big city form Avengers Hulk Thor any attack on Earth movie that is what I saw .
I loved the huge battle because it needed to be large scale. These people are super powered god like aliens. Other movies use this battles to show explosions and stuff getting destroyed but in this movie it felt necessary because Superman isn't even a regular superhero. It had to be big.

Also this is probably the only action movie where the city where the battle happens ends up looking like crap instead of just a few fires here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Ann (View Post)
So currently...my brother, dad, sister-in-law and nieces and nephew, are all at the theatre watching Man of Steel...if I had money i would be there too!
I hope you get to see it soon Melissa!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I agree with all of this. And I loved The Dark Knight Rises. I think The Dark Knight is the best comic book movie ever and it will be very hard to top it but MoS was great.
I agree I think the dark knight will be the best comic book movie ever made but for me Man of Steel was fantastic, it reminded me a lot of Batman Begins. It sets the platform for future sequels.

The film was everything I hoped for and more. The mentions and use of Lana and Pete were a great touch. I loved the interactions between Clark and Lois and hope for more humour from them in the future. Amy Adams was wonderful.

I thought the fight sequences were fantastic. My only slight gripe is that they seemed to never end but I think that is what set up the ending because I was sat there thinking superman doesn't kill, how is this ever going to end it could go on for hours and then superman does what I never thought possible and I for one loved it.

It made me feel like this film was challenging what we know and brought something fresh and it was brilliant. I also love that Lois knows who Clark is so we don't have to go through her realization which has been done to death.

Last edited by Kelly2790; 06-16-2013 at 12:24 PM
Old 06-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Extreme Fan

I saw the film this evening, I wasn't disappointed per se, but all the action and explosions just isn't my thing. Henry Cavill looked fantastic in the role, but sadly wasn't allowed to showcase any acting ability because the script just wasn't there. I liked all the quieter moments, but by the end, I felt like Superman myself, the noise and visuals were overpowering. I didn't think Zod was a great villain, again, the script was sorely lacking for him. I knew we were in trouble when he repeated the same line 4 times at the beginning of the film. 'I WILL FIND HIM!' It's okay Zod, we heard you the first time.
Henry looked beyond cute in the glasses at the end, if there's a sequel I hope it focuses more on substance than style.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hope you get to see it soon Melissa!
Maybe next week. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Well I disagree. I think the script was great and Henry got to show a lot of range. I loved the part where he played a much younger Clark because he actually acted like someone in his late teens and you could see the difference between that Clark and 30 something Clark.

Also I loved the way the fights were made. These are super powered aliens they fights needed to be big. This is probably the only movie that got right how powerful Superman actually is without being ridiculous (like turning back time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2790 (View Post)
The film was everything I hoped for and more. The mentions and use of Lana and Pete were a great touch. I loved the interactions between Clark and Lois and hope for more humour from them in the future. Amy Adams was wonderful.

I thought the fight sequences were fantastic. My only slight gripe is that they seemed to never end but I think that is what set up the ending because I was sat there thinking superman doesn't kill, how is this ever going to end it could go on for hours and then superman does what I never thought possible and I for one loved it.

It made me feel like this film was challenging what we know and brought something fresh and it was brilliant. I also love that Lois knows who Clark is so we don't have to go through her realization which has been done to death.
I think it's awesome that Lois already knows. She would have looked so dumb if she would have been fooled by some glasses. Also it provides a more interesting storyline for the next movie.

I loved their interactions and some of the humor they had but I hope they don't try to make this movie "funny". I hate the trend of making superhero movies "funny" putting forced jokes every 5 min. Some people love it but it's not my cup of tea.

The way the final fight ended was surprising and I'm glad they went there. I'm glad DC has the guts to push the envelope and put things that are in the comics but people aren't used to see in comic book movies.

Last edited by ring of fire; 06-16-2013 at 07:46 PM
Old 06-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Extreme Fan

I saw the movie on Saturday and I have to say I was a bit surprised, but all in all, the movie was good.

Audrey
Old 06-17-2013, 12:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxia (View Post)
I saw the movie on Saturday and I have to say I was a bit surprised, but all in all, the movie was good.

Audrey
Good to hear!

I really don't see a movie based on critics reviews, but I do like to hear viewers reviews, like us on the boards...we're not watching the film to be super critical and I think we are more honest in what we liked or didn't like.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

I think a lot critics didn't seem to like it because this wasn't a rehash of the Christopher Reeve movie. I loved those movies but people need to understand this is 2013 and they have other comics to use as source material.

I went to see twice with different people and all of them loved it except for one person who was hoping for something like the old movies.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

There was only one criticism I got from the film and that was this:

Spoiler:
Closed Thread   Post New Thread