Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
warner bros. Is looking to expand on jared leto’s version of the joker, which debuted in 2016’s “suicide squad,” with a movie of his own.
Sources tell variety that leto is set to star and exec produce an untitled standalone film, paving the way for future movies branching from “suicide squad.”
plot details are currently unknown, but the studio’s idea is to expand on the world created by “suicide squad” and tie into future installments of that property. Warner bros. Already announced that margot robbie’s version of harley quinn would be getting her own movie with a “birds of prey” feature, and the next goal was setting up a film for leto’s joker.
When warner bros. Announced last fall that it was developing a joker origin tale from todd phillips, the studio emphasized that this did not mean the end for leto’s joker. Rather, phillips’ film would fall under a new origins banner that would be separate from the current cinematic dc universe. This new banner would allow multiple actors and versions based on the same character with no overlap, and wb has already tapped joaquin phoenix to star in phillips’ joker pic.
Leto’s joker, as fans noted, was almost a glorified cameo in “suicide squad.” the oscar-winner had made it clear following the film’s release that he hoped to expand on the character in future films in a more substantive, if not starring, role.
It’s currently unknown when this film would go into production, as leto and the studio will now search for a writer. It’s also unclear if this film would shoot before or after the previously announced sequel to “suicide squad,” which is believed to go into production sometime in 2019.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that! I really liked his Joker.
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

'Suicide Squad' Sequel Gets New Writers
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...sequel-1118407
Quote:
David Bar Katz and Todd Stashwick are penning the script with director Gavin O'Connor.

There's are a few new faces joining the Suicide Squad crew.
David Bar Katz and Todd Stashwick are co-writing the script for the Suicide Squad sequel alongside director Gavin O'Connor, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter. The film is a followup to the 2016 DC hit that starred Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto and was directed by David Ayer.
Katz is known for his Black List script The Man in the Rockefeller Suit, and has multiple features in development, including Chasing Phil with Robert Downey Jr.'s Team Downey and Warner Bros. He also has comic book experience, performing a rewrite on New Line's Spawn as well as penning the play The History of Invulnerability, which is about the creation of Superman. He also penned a Jason Bateman comedy for Universal about two undercover FBI agents.

Stashwick comes from the acting world and has worked on Fox's Batman prequel Gotham, as well as SyFy's 12 Monkeys. He recently revealed he was working on the Suicide Squad 2 script and describes himself as a lifelong DC fan.
Warner Bros. is eager to move forward with a sequel to Suicide Squad, which may have struggled with critics, but earned $746 million worldwide. Legend of Tarzan's Adam Cozad had previously worked on a script to the sequel. Warner Bros. has multiple projects at various stages of development in the works with Suicide Squad characters, including several that could star Robbie's Harley Quinn and Leto's Joker. No release dates have been set for any of them.
Katz is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment. Stashwick is repped by APA and Meghan Schumacher Management.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what the new writers will do with it. Thanks for the news!
Old 06-24-2018, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-24-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great GIFset! Thanks for sharing
Old 06-28-2018, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#sdcc2016 #skwad #teamcoco #tb
Old 06-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great shot. Love Cara's !
Old 07-06-2018, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WB’s ‘Birds of Prey’ Movie Could Shoot In LA and Atlanta Early Next Year

Quote:
Warner Bros. is seemingly going all in with their DC Comics standalone films and we have a slight update concerning the progress being made on their Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey movie that has director Cathy Yan attached and script from Christina Hodson.
Omega Underground has word that the studio is possibly eyeing locations for the film which include Atlanta/Savannah, Georgia and Los Angeles, California.
Our friends at DiscussingFilm have also learned that the DC Comics film could begin filming as early as January of next year.

Cathy Yan’s ‘BIRDS OF PREY’ is potentially currently circling a January 2019 start date. (EXCLUSIVE) pic.twitter.com/zA6oqsig2z
— DiscussingFilm (@DiscussingFilm) July 6, 2018

https://omegaunderground.com/2018/07...rly-next-year/
Old 07-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great GIF/Photo! Thanks for sharing
Old 07-28-2018, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-04-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the latest!
Old 09-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
you are also co-writing the ‘suicide squad 2’ script, what can you tell us regarding the status of the script and the film in general?

Todd stashwick: We have finished our draft and i’m really proud of it.
Vaguely, in about one sentence if you could, what may fans expect from ‘suicide squad 2’?

Todd stashwick: It’s a sequel to the first film. Again, i can’t say anything else. Our intention is to tell an exciting story, deepening these characters.