Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2017, 03:02 PM
New Fan

This movie, stirs a lot within me. I was torn about this cause when I first heard about it, I was like they are the bad guys... Not heroes. But it was rather good, they played the good guys but with a devil side and it was balanced really well
Old 08-19-2017, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great gifset! One of my favorite characters.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

http://deadline.com

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros and DC are in the early stages of another Batman Universe spinoff movie, this one telling the origin story of the signature villain The Joker. The studio has set The Hangover‘s Todd Phillips to co-write a script with 8 Mile scribe Scott Silver. Phillips will direct the movie, and Martin Scorsese will produce it with Phillips. This will be the first film under a new banner that has yet to be named in which WB can expand the canon of DC properties and create unique storylines with different actors playing the iconic characters.

I’m told that the intention is to make an origin story that isn’t part of any other iteration. The Joker has memorably been part of two Batman movies in the form of Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger, and was most recently played by Jared Leto in the first Suicide Squad film. He will reprise in the Suicide Squad sequel and the Harley Quinn spinoff, but this new film will launch the character with a different actor, possibly younger.

An intriguing part is the setting. The intention is to make a gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film set in early-’80s Gotham City that isn’t meant to feel like a DC movie as much as one of Scorsese’s films from that era, like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull or The King Of Comedy. I’m told that Phillips and Silver are writing already, but there is nothing firm on where this will fit into the DC schedule.

Phillips most recently directed War Dogs with Jonah Hill and Miles Teller. Silver’s recent script credits include The Fighter.

Last edited by Logan; 08-23-2017 at 04:05 PM
Old 08-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Logan and Lyndell.

I wasn't a big fan of Jared's Joker, but I'll give it a chance.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-10-2017, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Margot comments on playing Harley Quinn again
Old 09-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

She was an amazing Harley.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-17-2017, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice BTS!
Old 09-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^

Margot Robbie Praises Joker & Harley Quinn Movie Directors

Quote:
Actress Margot Robbie nothing but good things to say about*Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, the creative team that*is expected to write, direct and produce the upcoming Joker and Harley Quinn film.
RELATED: Joker & Harley Quinn Film Reportedly in Development
She’s certainly no stranger to the duo, having worked with them on the 2015 romantic crime comedy-drama Duo and the 2016 war comedy-drama Focus and Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
“They’re great!” Robbie told ComingSoon. “It’s fun working with a directing duo, and I love them. I’ve obviously done two films with them so I think they’re just brilliant.”
She also addressed her feelings about a Joker and Harley film, saying, “I’m personally a sucker for a love story. In any iteration. I think people enjoy seeing two characters who, in Harley and Joker’s case, would die for one another. It’s kind of romantic in a messed-up way.”
RELATED: Gotham City Sirens Reportedly Still in the Works
The Joker and Harley Quinn movie is believed to be tonally similar to the 1994 film Natural Born Killers, in that it depicts psychos who are also in love. It’s expected to begin filming after the Suicide Squad sequel, which just hired Gavin O’Connor as writer and director.
Jared Leto is expected to reprise his role as the Joker alongside Robbie for both films. However, a Joker origin film is also reportedly in development at Warner Bros. that would not involve Leto.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did enjoy that scene.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

https://www.thewrap.com/suicide-squa...exclusive/amp/

Quote:
How ‘Suicide Squad 2’ May Introduce The Rock’s Black Adam (Exclusive)

“Suicide Squad 2” may serve as Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s introduction to the DC Universe as the super-villain Black Adam, two insiders familiar with the idea told TheWrap.
The insiders told TheWrap that the current plan for the sequel is for the members of Suicide Squad to be tasked with tracking down a weapon of mass destruction. That weapon? Black Adam himself. The villain is best known in DC Comics as the main nemesis of superhero Shazam.

“The Rock” first hinted at what’s cooking in May, when he told Fandango, “We have a really cool surprise for Black Adam that I can’t reveal, in terms of where we will see Black Adam being introduced.”

“Suicide Squad 2” is scheduled for an October 2018 production start, and The Rock’s busy schedule during that time includes a potential fifth season of HBO’s “Ballers,” Disney’s “Jungle Cruise,” and his “Fast and Furious” spin-off with Jason Statham.

But “Suicide Squad 2” shouldn’t be too much of a scheduling issue, because Black Adam’s part shouldn’t take much time to shoot, the insiders said.
Johnson has been attached to play the character since 2008, but there is currently no writer or filmmaker attached to “Black Adam.”

Earlier this year, Johnson teased a meeting with DC Films co-head Geoff Johns, promising “hope, optimism & FUN.”

Gavin O’Connor*is expected to write and possibly direct “Suicide Squad 2,” an individual with knowledge of the project tells TheWrap.

The first “Suicide Squad,” which starred*Will Smith*and Margot Robbie, earned nearly $750 million worldwide on a $175 million budget before promotion and advertising. The film holds an abysmal 25 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes… but that was without the power of The Rock.

Johnson is represented by Viewpoint and WME.

A representative for Warner Bros. declined to comment and representatives for Johnson did not immediately respond to TheWraps’s request for comment.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I see a little resemblance.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread