Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

The Station Agent (2003) #1

When his only friend and co-worker dies, a young man born with dwarfism moves to an abandoned train depot in rural New Jersey. Though he tried to maintain a life of solitude, he is soon entangled with an artist who is struggling with a personal tragedy and an overly-friendly Cuban hot dog vendor.

it stars Peter Dinklage, Patricia Clarkson, Bobby Cannavale, and Michelle Williams..

I just want to know what you guys thought about the movie.i didn't see it yet.i am renting it soon. i just want to hear your thoughts. you could post your favorite moments in the movie but don't spoiler the ending. if u want to put spoilers put a warning spoilers thankx...
ScorpioGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's really funny how people see me and treat me, since I'm really just a simple, boring person. So says Finbar McBride, the hero of "The Station Agent." Nothing in life interests him more than trains. Model trains, real trains, books about trains. He likes trains. Finbar is a dwarf, and nothing about him interests other people more than his height. It's as if he's always walking in as the next topic of conversation. His response is to live in solitude. This works splendidly as a defense mechanism, but leaves him deeply lonely, not that he'd ever admit it.

hi...i saw 'the station agent' in a theater last year.....there was quite a bit of interest in this film on the michelle williams board when it existed on fan forum.......michelle plays a small but vital role in this movie........basically when it comes right down to it..... this film is about 3 lonely people that connect with each other.....and find solace with one another......one of the reason's i liked this film so much was because of the performance by patricia clarkson......i've seen her in a number of films.......including 'the green mile'....'far from heaven'......i think the first film that i ever saw her in was 'high art' in which she played a lesbian junkie.......especially noteworthy was patricia's portrayl of the dying mother in last year's 'pieces of april' opposite katie holmes..........let us know what you think of the film after you watch it.....

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread