Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
My wife and I saw Spider Man 3 yesterday, and I was disappointed in it. I didn’t like how history was re-written to introduce a new killer of Peter’s Uncle Ben, thus wiping out the entire premise that he had failed to stop a criminal who would later murder his uncle. I also didn’t like “evil Peter,” and I thought he was more silly than evil, and the two villains in this movie really did nothing for me, and they didn’t pack the emotional wallop that the villains in the two earlier movies packed. I did like the back story of Harry and Peter, though, and how Harry’s initial desire for revenge against the person that he thought killed his father ended up with Harry sacrificing his own life for that of his friends, but overall, I feel this movie was a let down.
The rewriting got to me also. You've pretty much written what everyone's thinking. I agree completely with this review. The transformation that happens from Peter to Spidey when he realizes that he indirectly killed his uncle is more powerful than some weak hate he has for a guy that he just found out killed his uncle years ago but really cries about it and is sorry. The remorseless guy that he killed in his first outing as the true spiderman was much more powerful.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky
Old 05-30-2007, 05:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Im sad because i haven't seen this movie yet...

Most of my friends have seen it...
Old 05-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I'm sure you'll get to see it one day sherylle

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 05-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

I've never seen 1 or 2, but I saw Spidey 3 on Saturday. My primary reason for going to see it was for Topher Grace & I thought he did a great job. I thought they could have developed his story as well as they did for the other villain played by Church, who is another actor I like from the movie Sideways. I'm not a huge Tobey(as Spidey) fan, but I thought he was funny in this one. Overall I thought it was good.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uh Blah (View Post)
I've never seen 1 or 2, but I saw Spidey 3 on Saturday.
For shame, Louis!

Sasha
Old 06-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Does anyone know where I can find some animated icons of Harry and MJ dancing?
// Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

After reading so many bad reviews, I was afraid to watch this. It has been the only Spidey movie I wasn't able to see in theaters, but DUDE, this movie is spectacular!!

I couldn't believe how amazing this was! The second one was so good that I feared this wouldn't live up to it, but it surpassed it.

Such a great job done by everyone.

I feel I must include: I never read the comics so to me the movies are stand alone. Also, I love the examination of Peter Parker as much as I enjoy Spider Man.

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 11-02-2007 at 09:13 PM
Old 11-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I just saw this movie yesterday. One really minor thing is bugging me. The actress who replaces MJ in the musical looks really familiar to me, but she's not listed in the credits. Does anyone know who she is?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

I'd have to take a look to see if I recognize the actress.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The actress playing Mary Janes replacement in the Play was Jessie collins She is pro singer no a actress This was her only movie
Actress:
Spider-Man 3 (2007) .... Mary Jane's Replacement
... aka Spider-Man 3: The IMAX Experience (USA: IMAX version)

Quick Bump some more news on spiderman 4

Sony Officially Signs Director and Star for Spider-Man 4… and 5?
Posted by Rob Hunter (rob@filmschoolrejects.com) on September 8, 2008

Spider-Man 4 Aims for 2010 Start Date | Film School Rejects

The inside source says Sony is seriously considering filming parts four and five simultaneously, a la Back to the Future 2/3 and The Matrix 2/3. The reasoning is financially based (like most decisions with this franchise) although future scheduling concerns are sure to play a part as well. The Shrill Snaggletooth (aka Kirsten Dunst) has not yet signed on, but expect that to change by next fall. The villain (or villains…) has not yet been announced, although the source says “once you find out who the villain is, you’ll know who’s playing it.” That quote leads most people to think Dylan Baker’s Dr. Curt Connors will be growing a tail to play The Lizard for the sequel.

Updated January

Spider-Man 4 Aims for 2010 Start Date
Posted by Cole Abaius (cole.abaius@filmschoolrejects.com) on January 19, 2009

Seven years after helping to spark the Comic Book Film explosion, we’re getting reports now that the webslinger is looking to get in front of the camera by 2010 - ultimately setting sights for a May 2011 release.

J.K. Simmons told MTV Movies Blog that he’d be returning for his role as J. Jonah Jameson and gave notice of the proposed start date. The conversation apparently went down at Sundance, so I have to assume it took place in a bathroom somewhere.

It seems like everything is on track with David Lindsay-Abaire bringing his Pulitzer caliber to the screenwriting job, a start date, and a release date all in the works. Now, we’ll have to wait and see how many villains and dance numbers the film can pump into 140 minutes.

Spider-Man 4 Heading To Michigan
Most updated news for Sam Rami himself

By Katey Rich: 2009-02-03 10:46:51
ShareThis

Given that the auto industry doesn't seem particularly long for this world, Michigan is following in the footsteps of several other states and establishing tax incentives for movie and TV productions. They've attracted hometown boy Sam Raimi for his upcoming low-budget thriller Room 205, but he might consider spending a whole lot more money in the state for Spider-Man 4.

Raimi told Michigan paper The Oakland Press that he's beginning production on Spider-Man 4 in 2010 and will look back to his home state for shooting locations. "I’ll be looking at Michigan for our second-unit photography on the new Spider-Man film." Apparently some parts of Spider-Man 3 were filmed in Cleveland, which makes it less of a stretch that Spidey's New York could be recreated in the Midwest.

I still have trouble believing Spider-Man 4 is actually going to happen, though maybe that's just me being in denial. But hey, if they're going to spread around a ton of money to make a sequel no one really asked for, they may as well bring it to one of the most economically depressed states in the nation.

Last edited by Logan; 02-26-2009 at 12:42 AM
Old 02-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

Tax incentives for Movie productions have been working great for a lot of places.

Thanks for the articles!! I'm SO excited for Spider-Man 4 and I'm glad it's happening with Sam Raimi and Toby Maguire! I wouldn't want it any other way, I have to say.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

I really don't want a Spidey 4. I wasn't a huge fan of Spiderman 3 except for the developement of Harry's character, Harry and Peter's relationship...stuff like that. The new villlians were kinda lame in my opinion. So I am not ready for a spidey 4 however if they want to make it, they can make it.

My favorites are still Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2

(I haven't read the comics or seen the TV show either. only the movies)
Brody♥Bilson
Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, so Spider-Man 4 is actually going to happen? I don't know how I feel about that...
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Really, guys? I guess since I liked SM3, but I also think Spider Man has some of the best superhero movies and SM4 can bring it back to SM2 levels, hopefully. Hee, I also enjoy these movies on the big screen SO much.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

I'd be willing to give #4 a shot if it's more in line with the first two. I was not a fan of the third. Reminded me too much of X-Men: The Last Stand. Mehhhh.

And apparently 2010 is the slated debut year of the Spider-Man musical on Broadway. The lady that directed The Lion King on Broadway is doing this musical. And U2's Bono is doing the music.

Hmm. Maybe tickets could be my graduation gift.