Thanks for sharing Jen!
Old 07-09-2018, 05:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

J.B. Smoove to star in Spider-Man: Far from Home
Old 07-10-2018, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

J.B. Smoove is the only funny part of Seasons 6 and beyond of Curb Your Enthusiasm (I refuse to watch that show again unless Larry & Cheryl reunite )
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-10-2018, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Never watched CYE, but thanks for the news!
Old 07-17-2018, 03:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Adds Numan Acar
Old 07-17-2018, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the news
Old 07-17-2018, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

James Franco is definitely Harry to me (no one else could've played him better)

I watched the 3rd movie in IMAX (it doesn't feel like it's been 11 years)

my fave part is probably Peter and Harry teaming up in the final battle

definitely really sad watching Harry's death scene every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
i only remember semi-dark Peter strutting on the sidewalk to the 'raindrops falling on my face' song...then going all dark on MJ at her job. so much ugh.
emo-hair Peter dancing was in the 3rd movie

but that song was played in the 2nd movie (that was a good scene)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I still like Spiderman 3 and think the hate for it is OTT. The only things I didn't like about the film was the hatch job they did on Venom and the way MJ was written (even though she was fickle in all three films)
I mean I get why ppl dislike it but yeah

^the honest trailer for the OG Spider-Man trilogy addresses her tendency to not stick with one love interest

do you guys wish there had only been a focus on one main villain in the 3rd movie?

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 07-17-2018 at 04:54 PM
Old 07-18-2018, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree about Franco as Harry, he was perfect in that role!

I will never understand the hate for SP3, it was really good IMO, I'm more annoyed at all the reboots!

I know Tobey had some severe back pain issues that kept him from doing more with the role.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
James Franco is definitely Harry to me (no one else could've played him better)
Agreed

Quote:
my fave part is probably Peter and Harry teaming up in the final battle

definitely really sad watching Harry's death scene every time
Killing Harry off was such a cheap move, and a really contrived way to end on a romantic MJ + Peter scene

Quote:
I mean I get why ppl dislike it but yeah

^the honest trailer for the OG Spider-Man trilogy addresses her tendency to not stick with one love interest
I think I would have liked the 3rd film more if they had stuck with Mary-Jane and Harry as a couple. I know that most people won't agree, but I thought she seemed less stressed and more positive in scenes with him. He had matured (with the amnesia plot that I actually enjoyed) and reminded her of their cute past when he talks about the play he had written for her in school

I never had a problem with how MJ was written in the third movie, because I felt there should be consequences for her drastic decision to leave her fiancee at the altar for an uncertain life with Peter. You could see it in her face at the end of Spider-Man 2 that she was almost regretting her decision already; there was doubt there, watching him fly away and leaving her alone.

Quote:
do you guys wish there had only been a focus on one main villain in the 3rd movie?
It's weird, because I have mixed views. I thought the villains all worked well and were performed well, but at the same time, there was too much going on

Sandman didn't really work as a villain because he was actually a man who was concerned first and foremost for his terminally ill child, so they should have just focused on that aspect. I think they kept him as Sandman for too long in the movie (his final scene should have been the one in the sewer), but they wanted that big "I forgive you" moment between him and Peter.

I don't know if I can say that Venom worked... I liked the concept of someone similar to Peter being consumed by darkness and Topher Grace played the envy really well but Venom had too many silly one-liners and it was a lame excuse for another embarrassing damsel in distress moment with Mary-Jane's life being in danger again.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-28-2018, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Agreed

I think I would have liked the 3rd film more if they had stuck with Mary-Jane and Harry as a couple. I know that most people won't agree, but I thought she seemed less stressed and more positive in scenes with him. He had matured (with the amnesia plot that I actually enjoyed) and reminded her of their cute past when he talks about the play he had written for her in school

It's weird, because I have mixed views. I thought the villains all worked well and were performed well, but at the same time, there was too much going on

Sandman didn't really work as a villain because he was actually a man who was concerned first and foremost for his terminally ill child, so they should have just focused on that aspect. I think they kept him as Sandman for too long in the movie (his final scene should have been the one in the sewer), but they wanted that big "I forgive you" moment between him and Peter.

I don't know if I can say that Venom worked... I liked the concept of someone similar to Peter being consumed by darkness and Topher Grace played the envy really well but Venom had too many silly one-liners and it was a lame excuse for another embarrassing damsel in distress moment with Mary-Jane's life being in danger again.
yeah there was an ease to their relationship after his amnesia and she turned to him when Peter was consumed by the black substance but she ran off after he kissed her and she was still in love with Peter

I do like them as friends though

I personally found the scene where the Sandman tells Peter the truth about what happened the night Uncle Ben died to be really well done and yeah Venom was underdeveloped as a villain

there's actually 4 villains if you think about it [Sandman, Venom, Harry as the new Green Goblin, and Peter himself (his own darkness/inner demons)]

but yeah I agree there was too much going on and that's what bogged the movie down

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 07-28-2018 at 11:57 AM
Old 07-30-2018, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
yeah there was an ease to their relationship after his amnesia and she turned to him when Peter was consumed by the black substance but she ran off after he kissed her and she was still in love with Peter

I do like them as friends though
Something about the MJ and Peter romance felt off to me, ever since the first movie She just seemed to fall for him way too quickly. I think she confused their friendship with her hero worship of Spiderman. One minute she's committed to Harry, the next she's dumping him just because his Dad was a jerk. It didn't flow well, in my opinion. So, I think part of the reason why I like the third movie is because Sam Raimi had the guts to revisit the Harry/MJ romance that was wrongly cut short in the first movie. I thought they had more in common than her and Peter. Also, Peter's romance with Gwen in the Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone movies felt way more natural.

Quote:
I personally found the scene where the Sandman tells Peter the truth about what happened the night Uncle Ben died to be really well done and yeah Venom was underdeveloped as a villain
That scene was really well acted but I know a lot of the fanbase didn't like the tagged-on reveal that Sandman was the accidental killer of Uncle Ben. They viewed it as a retcon, and it made Peter's conscience shaky, knowing that he'd killed someone in a case of mistaken identity. Also, making the killing an accident almost lessened the tragedy of it, because our sympathies strongly lie with Sandman when he explains himself to Peter. Personally, I liked it but I can understand why many fans don't.

Quote:
there's actually 4 villains if you think about it [Sandman, Venom, Harry as the new Green Goblin, and Peter himself (his own darkness/inner demons)]

but yeah I agree there was too much going on and that's what bogged the movie down
One thing I always enjoyed about Spider-Man 3 was the thing that most people hated: 'Emo' Peter. I thought Tobey played that conflict really well, and unfortunately, it's undermined by viewers making fun of the dance scene (I thought those moments were needed, because it showed his rising arrogance with the dark spider suit).

It seems as if Peter and Mary-Jane shippers mostly hate Emo Peter (particularly in the scene where he hits her), but I liked that his aggressive side came out, because their whole relationship felt very unequal at that point, and they were better off separate.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-31-2018, 12:15 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

I personally liked the part in Spiderman 3 when you could see the symbiote was changing him. I also loved the dancing scene, I thought it was cutely funny.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I personally liked the part in Spiderman 3 when you could see the symbiote was changing him. I also loved the dancing scene, I thought it was cutely funny.
Me too It's very underrated. Too many people make fun of it, on a shallow level. I thought the dance scene was symbolic of his mind at that point - literally all over the place, because of his emotions about Uncle Ben and the dark suit overpowering him.

I didn't appreciate how he used Gwen to make MJ jealous, but that subtle moment where he realizes how mean he has been to Gwen and touches his Spider suit was powerful.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-04-2018, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That GIF is hilarious!
Old 08-07-2018, 12:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Spider-Man Homecoming 2 Adds Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders | Collider
Closed Thread   Post New Thread