Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
and is Simon dead
if he was kaylee would've been in for a mighty surprise after their engine-room sex.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:49 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Magical*~
Go see it by yourself!! Its that good! Plus if you go opening night then you will for sure be with other fans!
that's what i did. and i think there were some fans in there.
i didn't see it on opening night though. but i was a little hesistant to talk to any1 there. i mean, it would be a bit awkward asking "excuse me are you a Firefly fan?" lol, but i'm sure there were at least 2 fans there. these 2 girls that didn't walk out when the credits starting rolling. they sat there probably until the end.
i walked out though, since i don't watch credits when a movie has finished in a cinema. i do watch the credits when i have a movie on DVD though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
Oh, and one thing I've meant to mention every time I've seen it. When Mal asks Zoe if she thinks Serenity will survive, before they set away at the end, and Zoe says "She's torn up plenty, but she'll fly true" - am I the only one that thinks its also how Zoe's feeling? She's torn up about Wash, but she's still there, and she'll always be there? (I don't think I explained that very well, but...yeah.)
Quote:
I definitely got that feeling too. That she was also talking about herself. You know Joss and how he writes. So I think thats what he was trying to show us.
yeah, i thought and felt that too. poor Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055
And I love having places like this (and the Yahoo! spoiler group) to discuss the movie openly and vent and squeee! and laugh and mourn and rejoice, etc, etc...this movie is so much better when all the rollercoaster whirlwind of emotions can be shared with other people who understand.

Browncoats rule!

Group Hug!!!
so do i. i love discussing the Whedon-verse with other Whedon fans

i have seen browncoats mentioned on other forums discussing Serenity. what does that mean?

Quote:
I loved being unspoiled for it, too. I was so glad there wasn't a lot of spoilery stuff for me to accidentally run across before I saw it, because I would probably have been tempted and read it. Sometimes I wish I could go back to being unspoiled every time I go to see it, just so that I can get that rush of adrenaline again that the end gives you, not knowing who's going to live!
i saw the movie pretty much unspoiled. i only saw the trailer and read a bit of stuff about it. nothing major that revealed any of the major plot points or deaths.

i watched Firefly about a month and a half before i saw the movie. i found out about the movie only a week before i saw it.
so this is the first time in a long time that i have watched a Joss story, if u will, without being spoiled. and i am proud of myself for that

Quote:
Every time I see it, I spot little looks and glances and catch things I hadn't noticed before!

That's the best sign of a movie standing up to multiple viewings, I think!
that's also what happens to me when watching Whedon stuff. i have only seen the movie once though. i will wait until it's out on DVD before i see it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kristi*
When I saw Mal's eye I felt so bad for him but then I remembered that he played Caleb on Buffy and what he did to Xander and my sadness went away.

-Kristi
oh yeah, i forgot about that. it is a great reference to that. which is why i love Joss's stuff. he makes small references like that for us fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBlastoise
if he was kaylee would've been in for a mighty surprise after their engine-room sex.
i got that scene mixed up somehow. i though that the engine-room sex happened before he got shot. i was so hyped and excited during watching the movie and i am even now, that i totally forgot about that

ETA: i just realised something. when Wash says "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die." that was a sort of hint that he was going to die. i can't believe that it just came to me now.
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
So go next weekend and see it again!
That's the plan. Either sometime this week or next week. What can I say, I HAVE to see it more than once. Too brilliant not to!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Browncoats are what fans of Firefly (and now Serenity) call themselves.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Nab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

It comes out in the UK on Friday - I'll have seen it 8 times already by then. Then I'm going 4 times on release day, and then once a day for two weeks after that

Also, there's a mention of the Zoe/Serenity parallels in that last comment in the visual companion. When I read it, I was like, whee! I'm not a nutjob! *goes to find it*

From Joss's interview:
Quote:
I also loved, in a very different way, the moment where Gina said to me, 'Now, this scene where [Mal] says at the end, "Do you think she'll hold together?" and I say, "She's torn up plenty but she'll fly true," about Serenity, obviously, this scene is about me.' And I said 'Obviously.' And Nathan looked up and said, 'What? It is?' Nathan has paragraphs and paragraphs about every line and every scene and his perspective on things that everybody's doing - he absolutely didn't get that at all and [then said] 'Oh, God, that's so obvious!' That cracked me up. It was just an extraordinary process for me, because learning about your own screenplay from the actors is so gratifying. It means they're invested, it means they're intelligent, it means there are layers there that you get. And when it's bigger than you are, that's what makes it art.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know you guys heard that Serenity made a respectable 10.1 million. Most of the places I looked at said that the second week is just as crucial as the first. Go see it again and get us a sequel!!

[Nathan/Haley] [Jim/Pam] [Matt/Julie]
vaguelypoetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

I'm happy that it is doing so well, showing those stupid people who cancel it, that they screwed up.

Though I am a little worried since it is doing so well, they might try to bring it back to tv. But it just wouldn't be the same show without Book and Wash.

Espically Wash, who is my favorite character. I love his marriage to Zoe, they are so cute together.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Yes, and since movies have been known to only make half their second weekend, what they make their first, a lot of us (and newbies) will have to go again for their to be a sequel.

Old 10-04-2005, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

English release on Friday! I'm very nervous! We're getting some great mainstream press, and yet the people I mention it to have rarely heard of it!

10.1 is excellent considering Flight Plan made 50% more and was open on around 50% more screens.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

My roommate and I saw Serenity twice this weekend. We're going to see it again next weekend.

Hopefully I'll get some money by then. GRRRRR....

Damn I'm a Rayne shipper so much right now I mean I've always been Mal/Inara. But now...with the Rayne.

I want Jayne in my bed!! And Mal!!! My roommate took Simon.
Dark Half Undine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

As far as the onscreen stuff goes, I'm all about Simon/Kaylee and Mal/Inara (and Zoe/Wash *sniff*)...but in fic, I'll read anything good! I can whore them about really well!

In fact, I started a site for really good Kaylee fic. I have a few more that I've been given permission for in the last few days still to go up, but I'm looking for recommendations if anyone has them! There's a link to email me on the site

As Chocolatey As Possible
Old 10-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Rach, I think it was you that said something about the lines between Mal and Zoe at the end. Yeah, I noticed that, too. I had finally stopped crying by that point; I swear that was a ploy to get me started again, lol.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I think the movie was good for 'shippers. Sure, there was the great stuff with Wash/Zoe and Kaylee/Simon, and even Mal/Inara. But, well, I was talking to a friend the other night and we both agreed the movie had 'moments' (no matter how slim) for every 'shipper base. It made my Rayne heart happy.

As for the money the movie is making, I think we should count on world wide and not overly freak out just yet. Still, I do plan on seeing the movie again this week.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Elite Fan

Nathan and Summer were just on one of the UKs highest rated breakfast shows! (I think it's THE most watched but I'm not positive on that) They both came across, so well, of course!

I'm leaving for my train to go to the London premiere in 45 minutes, yay! I'm so excited!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:05 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab
Browncoats are what fans of Firefly (and now Serenity) call themselves.
ahhh... i see. i am a browncoat then too! excellent

btw, does any1 know where i can get some Firefly/Serenity avatars?
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread