Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 09:15 PM
SR2
New Fan

The Secret Garden (1993) #1

I didn't see a Thread for this movie so i thought i would make one.

I actually haven't seen the movie in a long time, but i happened to come across a clip on youtube, and i just realized how beautiful and powerful the movie really is. Though I never read the book, i plan on buying it very soon.

The book has been a classic for years now and i think that this film has become one too; mainly because of the characters. The young girl who played Mary was excellent, as is the other actors in the movie. I know they have done some spin off movies but i haven't seen them, i wonder of there any good? Although i like this version ( mainly cause i haven't seen any other version) i wouldn't mind seeing a remake of the movie.

Anyway i just wanted to start a thread for this classic story/movie and get people's views about the film.

* i don't know how to put up pics in a post so if anyone is willing put one up, of the movie, that would be great.*
SR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

Hello!

Thanks for the thread! To post pictures, just insert the link between [img]link goes here[/*img] Just take out the *

I remember everyone loving this movie. Sadly, I never got to see it.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 AM
New Fan

this movie was so amazing... it was scary almost. maybe because i was still young but i could watch it over and over again.
bicpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

One of my favorite movies and books. I always wanted to have my own secret garden! I'm such a nerd.

The movie is touching and simple and stays true to the book.
taovande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

This use to be my favorite book as a child, I do remember the movie but only some scenes. I wouldnt mind watching it again.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

This movie has been airing on HBO all summer... every now I catch bits and pieces of it... It reminds me of childhood, when everything was easy and everything was fun.. Great movie
Old 08-10-2007, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like all versions of the movies through the years
Old 08-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kelly- (View Post)
I like all versions of the movies through the years
Kelly, your avatar is good advertising. I had no idea that an Anne prequel is in the works. AOGG is one of my favorite movies of all-time.

So was The Secret Garden (1993). I loved everything about it and bought the soundtrack last year through iTunes. It evokes memories of the film beautifully.

icon credit: skje
JudyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

I was going to watch this movie today, I haven't seen it in years.
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
DefLeppardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

OMG! I loved this film. I was obsessed with it when I was little. It was sorta scary to me in some parts though. Lol. Oh now I wanna rent it!

Icon: Cynthia
Kenjigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:52 PM
SR2
New Fan

i'm glad to see others like this film. I don't remember if the secret garden scared me as a kid. The only scenes i remember vividly is the earthquake in india and that is only b/c i just say the clip on youtube the other day. I really wish i could catch on tv or get it on dvd/vhs. I really want to see it again.
SR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this thread SR2 I actually just watched this movie when I went home for vacation. A lot of movies that I remember loving as a child I really don't like as much anymore but this one I still love. Maggie Smith stills makes me cringe in this film.
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yes, Maggie is always good in films, she was a scary lady in the first part of this movie.
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
DefLeppardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:17 AM
New Fan

I love this movie, it's one of my favourites. Something magical about it, it was just a beautiful film. I haven't seen it in a long time, going to have to pick it up next time I see it!
Old 08-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

this version is wonderful. i can't recall seeing maggie smith in anything where she wasn't magnificent.