Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Rocket Science (2007) #1

Sorry if there was already a thread for this, I went back about five pages looking for one before I eventually gave up...

trailer

ABOUT THE FILM

Life is not easy for teenager Hal Hefner (Reece Daniel Thompson) of suburban Plainsboro, New Jersey. His parents, Juliet (Lisbeth Bartlett) and Doyle (Denis O'Hare), have abruptly split; his older brother, Earl (Vincent Piazza) is a budding obsessive-compulsive who pushes him around; and he has an unpredictable stutter that makes high school and exercise in embarrassment, self-effacement and terrible lunches. While Earl sets out to conquer the world through a combination of assiduous planing, an intimidating demeanor and habitual theft, Hal remains well in the background at Plainsboro High.

Given that his active mind and quick wit tend to be obscured by his problematic voice, Hal is not an obvious candidate for his school's high-powered debate team. So it comes as a complete, though not unwelcome, surprise when the team's star member, the hyper-articulate Ginny Ryerson (Anna Kendrick), approaches Hal on the school bus one afternoon. The Plainsboro debaters need a replacement for Ginny's former partner, the brilliant Ben Wekselbaum (Nicholas D'Agosto), who dropped out of school following a calamitous performance at the New Jersey State High School Policy Debate Championships the previous spring.
La Tua Cantante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

Hey there! Thanks for this thread. I haven't heard of the movie before but the synopsis looks very interesting.

I love characters who are brilliant, their POV on the world is always so unique.