Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

This was an extroadinay film
Old 01-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I went to see it last friday and well I must say that seing Leo and Kate onscreen together after 10 years was amazing. And they both did a great job in the movie(But my father and I thought that Leonardo deserved a golden globe nomination way more than Kate, yes she was great but Leo...he made the movie and I wasn't even a fan of him, now I'll think about that.
Anyway, I have to say that I didn't really liked the movie. It was okay, it's a good story, but it's a story that I've seen at least 100 times in the last 10 years. It's a movie of quality, but I really don't think that the movie would have been so popular with the critics if Kate and Leo didn't started in it.
Gabrielle: "When you saw me flirting you smashed a glass. When Victor heard I had an affair he started crunching poll numbers. I need a man who cares enough to explode when he thinks he's going to lose me. I don't just love you, I love the way you love me
ladymisono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymisono (View Post)
I went to see it last friday and well I must say that seing Leo and Kate onscreen together after 10 years was amazing. And they both did a great job in the movie(But my father and I thought that Leonardo deserved a golden globe nomination way more than Kate, yes she was great but Leo...he made the movie and I wasn't even a fan of him, now I'll think about that.
Anyway, I have to say that I didn't really liked the movie. It was okay, it's a good story, but it's a story that I've seen at least 100 times in the last 10 years. It's a movie of quality, but I really don't think that the movie would have been so popular with the critics if Kate and Leo didn't started in it.
So what IS the story then in your opinion?

I liked the movie. BOTH actors were great and I can not understand why neither of them is acknowledge with an oscar nomination. But nonetheless the jury clearly don't lost their sense of irony as Michael Shannon - playing the crazy one - was chosen in the category of best supporting role.
apparition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

The movie was really intense and amazing. Both performances were outstanding IMHO

Last edited by SaraHoo!; 02-10-2009 at 04:46 PM
SaraHoo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:39 AM
New Fan

I've seen that movie with my boyfriend. and we were both so excited.
Great movie and performance.
Gansterita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked this movie was real good both Kate and Leo are good at acting togther again with each other I think the movie had a message to that is telling people if you are not happy with you life then you should change it.

But is was great movie.
Honey20092010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:30 AM
Loyal Fan

I was pleasantly surprised about this film. I really liked it.
There's only one thing I would have changed - Leo DiCaprio. He wasn't convincing enough for me. Just my opinion
Old 02-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

I thought Dicaprio gave a fine performance. I was engaged throughout. But, for some weird reason, I still can't buy him as a father. Overall, I thought he did amazing, still something was a little off.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:14 AM
Absolute Fan

I absolutely love this movie so much, it's one of my favourite movies that star Leo & Kate. They both give such outstanding performances in this movie.
Leo_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

kate and leo were amazing again