Old 06-26-2004, 10:46 PM
New Fan

Resident Evil Series #1

I cant wait for the sequel to come your thoughts on this awsome movie
Roxybreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

When does this movie come out?

I've been looking forward to a sequel ever since the evil cliffhanger in the first movie
icon *
Pavlov's Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 12:46 AM
Addicted Fan

I can't wait to see this movie, this first one rocked. I wonder what became of Eric Mabius' character? And Alice, all alone in the bloody Raccoon City. Talk about a cliffhanger.

I think it comes out sometime in August...?

- Erin, from TWOP.
loquacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 02:40 AM
Addicted Fan

i think it's safe to say ERic's character turns into the nemesis.
Jill's gonna be in this movie! She was hot in the game! Sienna Guillory looks like she can do the role quite well.
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 02:45 AM
Banned

Loved the games, n loved the first film. Got a place where you can download a trailor, dont see you much but i kept me happy i'll cum back n edit this.

**Download a trailor here** << Great place for all diff trailors

Last edited by sexypinkdots; 06-27-2004 at 02:51 AM
sexypinkdots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 08:32 AM
New Fan

Just to keep everyone updated the movie is going to hit theaters sometime in September and come out to video & DVD in December.If anybody has any more questions then write them here and I will try to aanswer them

Peace Out Roxybreeze
Roxybreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Ive never played the games before and didnt think I would like the first movie. I caught it on Cinemax and loved it. I watched it at least 4 or 5 times and recomended it to everyone. Now I cant wait to see the next one.
ilmandyli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Loyal Fan

The Resident Evil Trilogy Appreciation Thread #1 - Because it Deserves one

RESIDENT EVIL TRILOGY APPRECIATION THREAD #1

*Banner by me

*Resident Evil is a 2002 British science fiction horror film based on the same titled series of Survival horror games developed by Capcom. Borrowing elements from the Resident Evil 1 and 2 video games, the film follows an amnesiac heroine Alice, and a group of Umbrella Corporation commandos. As they attempt to escape a secret underground facility that at one time was filled with people is now overrun with zombies. The film was directed by Paul W. S. Anderson, and was released in the United States on 15 March 2002, and in Japan on 31 August 2002. The film was commercially successful, grossing $102,441,078 worldwide. Although Resident Evil received some negative reviews, financially it has been successful enough to have two sequels made and the possibility of a fourth installment. Resident Evil was followed by two sequels: Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004) and Resident Evil: Extinction (2007). Anderson continued his involvement in the series, writing and producing the sequels, however, leaving directing to Alexander Witt and Russell Mulcahy. It stars Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, Eric Mabius, and James Purefoy.

*Resident Evil: Apocalypse is a 2004 science fiction action horror film. It is the second installment in the series of film adaptations based on the Capcom survival horror series Resident Evil. Borrowing elements from Resident Evil 2, 3: Nemesis, and Code: Veronica, the film follows the heroine Alice, who has escaped the underground Umbrella facility, and must band with other survivors including Jill Valentine and escape Raccoon City, before it's too late. The film was directed by Alexander Witt and produced by Paul W. S. Anderson.

*Resident Evil: Extinction is a 2007 science fiction action horror film. It is the third installment in the series of film adaptations based on the Capcom survival horror series Resident Evil. The film follows the amnesiac heroine Alice, along with a group of survivors from Raccoon City, as they attempt to travel across the Mojave desert wilderness to Alaska and escape a zombie apocalypse. The film was directed by Russell Mulcahy. The film was released in the United States on September 21, 2007 and was commercially successful, grossing $147,717,833 worldwide. The film was released on DVD and Blu-ray in North America on January 1, 2008.

CAST:

Resident Evil (2002)

Milla Jovovich... Alice
Michelle Rodriguez... Rain Ocampo
Eric Mabius... Matt Addison
James Purefoy... Spence Parks
Colin Salmon... One
Martin Crewes... Chad Kaplan
Heike Makatsch... Dr. Lisa Addison
Michaela Dicker... The Red Queen
Jason Isaacs... William Birkin (Uncredited) / The Narrator (Uncredited)

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)

Milla Jovovich... Alice
Sienna Guillory... Jill Valentine
Oded Fehr... Carlos Olivera
Thomas Kretschmann... Major Timothy Cain
Sandrine Holt... Terri Morales
Jared Harris... Dr. Charles Ashford
Mike Epps... L.J. (Lloyd Jefferson Wayne)
Sophie Vavasseur... Angela Ashford
Zack Ward... Nicholai Ginovaef
Iain Glen... Dr. Sam Isaacs
Matthew G. Taylor... The Nemesis

Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)

Milla Jovovich... Alice
Ali Larter... Claire Redfield
Iain Glen... Dr. Sam Isaacs
Jason O'Mara... as Albert Wesker
Spencer Locke... K-Mart
Ashanti... Nurse Betty
Mike Epps... L.J. (Lloyd Jefferson Wayne)
Chris Egan... Mikey
Madeline Carroll... White Queen

FANSITES/LINKS:

Resident Evil (Film) - Wikipedia.org
Resident Evil: Apocalypse - Wikipedia.org
Resident Evil: Extinction - Wikipedia.org

Resident Evil Movies Network
Evil Extreme.com - Your Number 1 Source For Resident Evil Films
Resident Evil Movies Community - LiveJournal.com
Resident Evil Movies Icons - LiveJournal.com

FANS
J.R. MacReady
Roxybreeze
Pavlov's Belle
JediBlastoise
loquacity
sexypinkdots
ROCKSTAR
The Perfect Neurotic
The Daywalker

(I hope this is allowed...)

The Resident Evil films were the first Horror(/Action) films I ever managed to watch, after getting over my fear of zombie movies and I loved them. They're great adventure films, based on an equally awesome Resident Evil Video Game series by Capcom. I've played all the storyline-driven games (RE1 through RE4), and the sidestory, Resident Evil Outbreak File #1 and File #2, and enjoyed them.

While the films differ from them in a major way, they still maintain the Basic storyline of the game. The Resident Evil Universe allows for a lot of room to play around in, in terms of its story. Thus I can consider the movieverse to be just another storyline, not connected to the games, with its own set of characters and reoccuring ones from the original series. Yeah, they deviate from the major theme of the games, but is that truly a bad thing? These movies need some appreciation. So if you enjoy this movie trilogy, come here and disucss it. If you dont like the them, then please don't post here.

Get to the Discussing!
family bonds are never meant to be broken."
- The Farron Sisters

Last edited by J.R. MacReady; 10-21-2008 at 02:26 PM
J.R. MacReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Elite Fan

Thank for this! I've only watched the first one, I haven't kept up with the trilogy. I will probably catch the other 2 movies when they air on the movie channels.

Hope you don't mind, I'm merging this thread with the exisiting Resident Evil: Apocalypse thread.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Loyal Fan

That's fine with me. I wasn't sure whether or not it was alright to ressurect a thread from so far back, but I guess whatever doesn't have a bright red "X" on it is alright to bump.

Anywhows, let's get the ball rolling. What's everyone's favorite scene from either three movies?
- The Farron Sisters
Old 09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. MacReady (View Post)
That's fine with me. I wasn't sure whether or not it was alright to ressurect a thread from so far back, but I guess whatever doesn't have a bright red "X" on it is alright to bump.
Pretty much.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Any idea when the next movie in this series is coming out?
The Perfect Neurotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Neurotic (View Post)
Any idea when the next movie in this series is coming out?
Not really, its just a lot of rumors at the moment. Here are two news articles I quoted, discussing the Fourth movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango Movie Blog
'Resident Evil 4' Is Coming
Posted by: cwalton on July 1, 2008
From Stacie Hougland: Ready for more fun with the undead? Milla Jovovich is, according to MTV News.

Talks are in the very early development stages for Resident Evil 4 with the series scripter Paul Thomas Anderson saying 2007's Resident Evil: Extinction would likely not be the last in the popular series, even though it was promoted as such. He admits coming up with a plausible story is the hold-up--but really, when were those movies ever plausible? A fourth is totally conceivable, given how Extinction ended (our heroine Alice kicked major zombie booty and vows revenge on the Umbrella corporation alongside a field of her naked clones). And even though the franchise has never been popular with critics, it has a legion of fans.

She's coming back...for YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV BLOGS
‘Resident Evil 4’ Likely, Says Director Paul W.S. Anderson
Published by Shawn Adler on Monday, June 30, 2008 at 2;00 pm.

Like the undead themselves, modern zombie movies keep coming and coming. Get ready for at least one more, Paul W.S. Anderson told MTV News.

Well, maybe.

“Resident Evil: Extinction,” the third video-game to big screen adaptation in the popular series will likely not be the last, Anderson said, although talks for a fourth film are still in the very earliest stages of development.

“I’m just starting to talk to Sony about it,” Anderson confessed. “I don’t even know if anything will come of it, but there’s a possibility it might happen.”

It would seem like a sure thing given the ending of “Extinction,” which saw Alice (Milla Jovovich) beside herself with rage — literally, thanks to hundreds of perfect clones - promising to travel to the Umbrella Corporation’s headquarters in Japan. But Anderson, who scripted the first three films, says a concrete story hasn’t yet been decided upon. In fact, it’s coming up with a plausible, kick-ass story that’s momentarily holding him up.

“I love the ‘Resident Evil’ franchise and we always try to make the best possible movie we can. If we could find a good ‘Resident Evil 4’ to make, then we would do it,” he said. “But I wouldn’t just do it for the sake of it, that’s for sure.”
- The Farron Sisters
Old 10-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

i cant wait for the next film, should be very interesting to see what happens
DanJ07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

I've love to see a 4th Resident Evil movie. I'd only played about 10 minutes of the game in a GameStop and couldn't really get into it, but i love the movies!