Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Red Eye (2005) #1

Do we have a thread for this?

Release Date: August 19, 2005

Okay, so who's excited for this one?? I for one, am shocked that I started this thread, cuz of how I HATE Horror movies! LOL! But I saw the teaser trailer for it yesterday, and you can bet it caught my attention.

Here's the Plotline.

Lisa Reisert (Rachel McAdams) hates to fly, but the terror that awaits her on the night flight to Miami has nothing to do with a fear of flying. Moments after takeoff, Lisa's charming seat-mate, Jackson (Cillian Murphy), menacingly reveals the real reason he's on board: He is an operative in a plot to kill a rich and powerful businessman... and Lisa is the key to its success. If she refuses to cooperate, her own father will be killed by an assassin awaiting a call from Jackson. Trapped within the confines of a jet at 30,000 feet, Lisa has nowhere to run and no way to summon help without endangering her father, her fellow passengers and her own life. As the miles tick by, Lisa knows she is running out of time as she desperately looks for a way to thwart her ruthless captor and stop a terrible murder.
PinkPearl108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

Oh, it's a Wes Craven film.

Hmm...I just checked out the info on IMDb and I'm not sure they'll be ready for an August release. I mean, they don't even have a poster image or much data other than a tag line.

Still, it does look interesting...

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I actually saw the latest trailer for it during Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and at the end, it said "August 19". Though I havta say I am having second thoughts about seeing this. lol...
Old 06-18-2005, 07:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

We have this and Jodie Foster in "Flightplan" -- Two, "Women-in-peril-trapped-on-a-plane" flicks coming out this Fall.

Also, I technically wouldn't call this a horror film. It is more of a suspense thriller even if Wes Craven is directing; he's branching out a lot lately and not just doing horror which is a good thing.

Which film will win the box office and which one will be the better film? Hmm...
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Supreme Fan

!

I saw the trailer to this movie in theaters! it looks really good. the trailer began as thought the movie is a romantic comedy then took this creepy turn! its got rachel mcadams!! liked her in the notebook. anyways cant wait to see this movie!
mylittlefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty
It is more of a suspense thriller even if Wes Craven is directing; he's branching out a lot lately and not just doing horror which is a good thing.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty
Which film will win the box office and which one will be the better film? Hmm...
Yeah, I wonder... Hee!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Horror/Thriller can't watch either LOL! I'm the Romantic Comedy/Romantic Drama/ Epic/Adventure-drama movie-goer. So my interest in this movie is quite shocking. I even think my friends will do a double take when I tell them! But yea, I'm still having second thoughts about seeing this.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

I love thriller/suspense movies so I am sure I'll enjoy this. I know I am super excited about it and I CAN'T wait to see Rachel McAdams in it!
Moonlight~Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

I watched the trailer... it was kinda romantic in the beginning, then it becomes creepy. I like Rachel McAdams and some thriller movies... so I can't wait for the movie.

Lyla: I love you too.
||
moni8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

I'm so excited about this movie! You can bet I'll be there on opening day! I just love all movies Wes Craven does. He's wonderfully talented. I am glad he's doing some suspense stuff rather than just horror. Oh, and my interest in this movie is also a factor of Rachel McAdams being in it. I've been in love with her since I saw Hot Chick. Not lesbian love or anything (HAHA), just fan love.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

I'm right there with you on that, lol. I'm mainly seeing it for Rachel but the movie does sound good though.
Moonlight~Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

I saw the preview to this movie and it looks so good. I'm going to see it. I love Wes Craven. I love all his movies and I'm so glad he's coming out with more. I also love Rachel McAdams. She happens to be a wonderful actress. The story also looks very good. I can't wait to see this movie
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
cliffy spuffy dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

I'm really looking forward to seeing this as well. Rachel McAdams has been very effective in comedies and romance movies, so I can't wait to see how well she handles thrillers.
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so excited for this movie as well! I mean the trailer looks so intriguing and gets you to the edge of your seat, the cast is both talented and hot (Rachel + Cillian = great chemistry so far in the trailer), and it's directed by Wes Craven, aa great director.

You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul. -Julie Jeanne Eleonore de Lespinasse
Summer Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:03 AM
Master Fan

So only a week until its out in the US. I however have to wait until September. The site has been updated recently with new clips and some interviews

Movie Official Site
-Louise- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread