Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 11:09 AM
New Fan

Prometheus (2012) #1

Trailer

Easily one of the most anticipated films of 2012 for me. The trailer makes it look like someone gets infected and causes problems on the ship...I hope it's nothing too cliched.

What do you guys think about this movie?

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 05-14-2012 at 10:17 PM
lobut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm excited to see the movie! i Michael Fassbender and the movie looks great!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I'm excited to this movie too! I loved Aliens & Michael Fassbender!
Old 06-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

So anyone else seen it yet? I went to an advanced screening Wednesday night and really enjoyed this film. Fassbender was great, as was Rapace and visually, the film was impressive, particularly in 3D.

I liked the storyline and the different creatures they created.

Though it is to be said that this film is not a direct prequel to Alien, but is set in the same universe prior to the events in Alien. I know some Alien fans that weren't happy with the film, but I think they've created an interesting story here.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Passionate Fan

I saw it yesterday in UltraAVX 3D. Visually stunning. Thought-provoking. Some squeamish moments. But probably not a movie that will appeal to everyone.

Alien(1979) was an original, deeply creepy Sci-Fi Action/thriller. The sequel Aliens leaned towards intense Sci-Fi Action/Adventure a la James Cameron style. (I won't mention the dreadful sequels that followed.) Prometheus, imo is nothing like the first 2 films. Yes, they share similar concept, setting and visuals....but I would categorize Prometheus as falling into the cerebral/philosophical Sci-Fi sub genre. Think of films like 2001: A Space Odyssey or Sunshine (2007) but with more action and dynamics. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that Prometheus goes in this direction, however a lot of audience members will probably end up leaving the theatre scratching their heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheonixofKobol (View Post)
So anyone else seen it yet? I went to an advanced screening Wednesday night and really enjoyed this film. Fassbender was great, as was Rapace and visually, the film was impressive, particularly in 3D.

I liked the storyline and the different creatures they created.

Though it is to be said that this film is not a direct prequel to Alien, but is set in the same universe prior to the events in Alien. I know some Alien fans that weren't happy with the film, but I think they've created an interesting story here.
Fassbender was great...a seemingly helpful android with this underlying level of coldness. I wasn't sold on Rapace though. I really felt she was terribly miscast in this film. The supporting cast was equally problematic. Apart from Charlize Theron and Idris Elba(the captain), I didn't find the supporting characters really stood out all that much. Of course, most of that has to do with the writing, but even the performances of the secondary characters were kind of meh.

Your point about the prequel is a valid one. Ridley started off with a script to do a direct prequel to the Alien franchise. Then he changed his mind, scrapped the script and wrote a new 'stand alone' script with Lindelof's help. I think the end result is a screenplay that "feels" like a weird hybrid of Alien and a totally different SF movie idea. I think this is why most viewers(myself included) aren't quite sure what to make of the film. I rate Promtheus a 7.5/10. A second viewing is probably warranted if you want to fully examine the little details.
thescoobygang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:02 PM
New Fan

I really very excited to watch this movie.
Semon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought it was dire, visually stunning, but it could have been so much more, just when you thought it was going to have some sort of interesting or intellectual storyline it went straight into movie cliché zone, it was like it was butchered in the editing room, like they were too scared to actually try and make something different and thought, hey we better throw in some gore and violence I found myself rolling my eyes towards the end of it. Would be interesting to see what was cut from the movie though, I have found this with other movies when you watch deleted scenes the movie makes a lot more sense
Poppy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i forgot to mention that i did see the movie in this thread....i really ended up loving it! i thought that it was really creative...Michael Fassbender and Logan Marshall-Green were really amazing! of course the visuals were great and of course the story line.
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

I liked this movie, well casted and the effects were amazing.

I hope they release a directors cut..

Can't wait for Prometheus 2
Subject87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Late to the party as always, but I saw this today. I liked the first half a lot.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Addicted Fan

A disappointment. It was visually stunning but the script was terrible.
ky02121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky02121 (View Post)
A disappointment. It was visually stunning but the script was terrible.
Especially the second half. Some of the more interesting aspects were so heavy handed and clumsy. Wasn't too sold on the acting either (except for Idris Elba of course). What a shame.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Extreme Fan

This sucked because I didn't care about any of the characters. You have to have someone to root for in these kinds of movies.
MaybeSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
This sucked because I didn't care about any of the characters. You have to have someone to root for in these kinds of movies.
The dumbest scientists in history.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky02121 (View Post)
The dumbest scientists in history.
This is very true. Haha,
Reply   Post New Thread