New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_lynn
Spoiler:
I mean, my friend already had to explain to me, why that girl gave him dirt, but.... And how does this dice game work?
Davy Jones controls the Kraken, which he was sending after the Pearl, to take it (the Pearl) back to the depths. Whoever has Jones's heart has the ability to kill (or control) him. Therefore, the heart was to be Jack's leverage over Jones. Basically a "Call your terrible beastie off my ship, or I'll stake your heart & kill your a$$" kinda deal.

The dice game, I'm not too sure about...but I know that it involves an attempt to deceive the other players by naming how many dice, TOTAL (to include all the players' collective dice), are under each cup. For example (and this is just random), Davy Jones named 5 fours, and that was correct, because he himself had 3 fours, Will had 2 fours, and Bootstrap had none. So he would have beaten Will, if Bootstrap hadn't intervened and had Jones call him on the final bluff. So Bootstrap was the loser, which left Will and Jones neutral/free.

Other than that, I'm not completely clear on the rules.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

The dice thing was sooo confusing! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was lost
Old 07-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I had no clue what was going on during the dice game. All I got was that Will's dad "sacrificed" himself to save Will.

DMC has moved up to #30 on the All Time Highest Grossing Movies in the United States list.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

saw it for the second time last night!! so much better than the 1st! i love this movie!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 07-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

Well, looks like they're capitalizing on the Dice Game...there's an "Official" version coming soon!

Pirates Dice

Pirates Dice: A Game of High Seas Deception

The dice don't lie but you might have to in this fast-paced game of trickery and deceit. Do you have what it takes to be a real pirate?

To stay alive in Pirates Dice, you must bluff - or be bluffed. To win in Pirates Dice, you must double cross your way to victory.

"Never trust a pirate!"

Contents:
4 Custom Dice Cups
20 Custom Dice
Rules in English and Spanish

Someone will have to buy this, and tell us the rules!

Old 07-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the explanation, it cleared it up for me now

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 07-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Aha! I found this explanation on another board...this kinda makes sense, now.

Basically they each had five die under their cups, and you go around the circle bidding on what you think the collective die read as, between all players. For example, if you and I are playing, we each have 5 dice, I bet that there are 3 "2's" showing. If you think I'm wrong, you can call me on it. If there are 3 or more "2's" showing, then I would win. If there wasn't, I would lose. However, you can increase the bet by either choosing 3 of a number higher than "2", or increase the number of dice showing and call any number. Example, I bet 3 "2's", you bet 3 "5's". At this point, I cannot say anything lower than 3 "5's", meaning I would either have to say 3 "6's", or 4 of any die number. Which is why Davy Jones was about to call out young Turner on the 8 "5's", when Bootstrap chimed in 12 "5's". He did that so Davy Jones didn't have a chance to call out Will before the next bet had been made...Jones either had to call Bootstrap on his (very obvious) bluff, or up the stakes, which would have made him the loser of the game (because Will would have called him out).

So Jones called Bootstrap a liar, and proved him as such, thus ending the game. Bootstrap was the loser...there was no winner, but at least Will didn't owe Jones his soul.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ah, makes a ton more sense now.....I can't believe they are making an actual game of it...lordy....

Movie is now number 29....
Old 07-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_Shane_West
oh dear god!!!! I abs. LOVE this movie. I saw it my first time last night. I was lmao when Jack was with the canibals (sp?) and he was talkin in "their language" I was like "wtf?" lol! & then he walked away from Will and was like "help me"..lol. but yeah Johnny and Orlando were deffinatly SUPER HOT just like last time.

Ooooh All Teens:
Go to FOX Broadcasting Company: TEEN CHOICE 2006 and vote for Johnny, Orlando & Keira!!!!!
I had to see it a second time to realize he said "Help Me!" to Will right before they carried him off. I started laughing when I heard it. Jack talking their language was one of the best parts IMO.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Dude both the dice game and the reason why Jack wanted the heart were lost on me the first time I saw it..then I kinda gathered the dice game the second time I saw it and finally got the reason why Jack wanted the heart LoL

I'm slow. but the again it gave me a reason to see the movie three times Nearly beat my record for seeing a movie in the theater. (I saw finding nemo 4 times LoL)

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Old 07-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

That dice game may be one of the first of many shameless attempts to capitalize on Pirates marketing gold status but I gotta tell you, it's not a bad idea. That would be a fun game to play. Even if I didn't understand crap of how it was played.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

I bet it's a lot more fun (and probably would make more sense) if I were drunk at a party playing it
Old 07-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Does anyone have any Elizabeth and Will icons?

I want to see this movie again soon to catch all the things I missed.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad I wasn't the only one turned on by Will's shirtless back. :rofl: Rawr.

Plus, Jack/Elizabeth = hotness.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Addicted Fan

About the dice game, if you go to Disney's Dead Man's Chest website you can play the game and it explains the rules and once you play it yourself you can understand the rules more.

I also swooned when Will's shirt was ripped off. It was funny cause both my Mom and I sighed at the exact same moment.
icon credit to Cristolfe
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top