Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

I went nuts when they showed Orlando's back but I want to see the front too
Old 07-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Supreme Fan

Dude, best freakin' movie ever! I've seen it three times so far I thought it had more action, was funnier and overall just wonderful. I'm not sure I'd say it was "better" than the first one, but I loved both of them.
I know the title warns of spoilers, but just in case
Spoiler:

Question, this is from the first movie, but why did Gibb's join Jack's crew? In the very very beginning, it shows him on the ship with the Governor and Commodore..and then he's in Tortuga with the pigs..what happened?

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Old 07-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Maniac
I think DMC will reach beyond #21 because it's a sequal, which really doesn't make sense because most sequals so worse.
I think the third one will do better than DMC, just becuase DMC had a cliffhanger ending, whereas POTC didn't, so I feel that there will be more excitement to see the third one, to find out what happens.

About the back: I've always kinda thought backs were sexy, so I didn't mind seeing Orlando's back, but I agree, I front shot would have been nice too.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Oh forget it we were going nuts when they ripped off his shirt it was genious who ever thought of that!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I believe the third will do just as well I am sure

I am all good with the back for this movie but I am EXPECTING the front in the third Or else I will get angry..Ok, no not really.

I still have only seen it once. Hopefully I can see it again this weekend.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

seeing it again today!! can't wait!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 07-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

I've seen it yesterday!!!!

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 07-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Extreme Fan

oh dear god!!!! I abs. LOVE this movie. I saw it my first time last night. I was lmao when Jack was with the canibals (sp?) and he was talkin in "their language" I was like "wtf?" lol! & then he walked away from Will and was like "help me"..lol. but yeah Johnny and Orlando were deffinatly SUPER HOT just like last time.

Ooooh All Teens:
Go to FOX Broadcasting Company: TEEN CHOICE 2006 and vote for Johnny, Orlando & Keira!!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm not sure if you guys have already checked it out, but M&M's has released white chocolate m&m's in honor of pirates of the caribbean 2 they have a cute website and some fun games too

M&M's Pirates of the Caribbean

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Old 07-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Addicted Fan

^^^ I just went and checked it out. It was so cute. I loved the pirate rules.

I also voted in the teen choice awards even though I am no longer a teen.
icon credit to Cristolfe
Old 07-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

I totally loved this movie, it was great and so darn funny!

enough already.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

WARNING: this might be kinda long.

I went to see the first POTC on opening day and there LOTS and LOTS of children.

Well, I was finally able tonight to go see POTC: DMC after falling asleep the day I was suposed to go.... Long story. Anyway.

I swear, there less than 7 kids in the audience!! It was all adults, including a woman who was no younger than 50, some older teens and the three of us, a 13 year old girl (who looks 20! ) and my friend who is 22 and of course me, and I'm also 22.

It's almost as if this movie took over the whole freakin' demographic!

Now, all my waiting and trying to not get spoiled paid off. So, I was confused and the story kept on getting more complex and I gave up. Then I was explained some things and I got most of it. I might have to see it again (like I wouldn't watch it 273467819 more times anyway ) to get it all but it was such a cool movie.

The audience I saw it with were THRILLED. Like, I'm not even sure why. They were clapping loudly, laughing hysterically and they were like holding on to each other during the ending.

Let me tell you.... People LOVE the character of Jack Sparrow. They adore him. Two guys sitting in front of us were like doing high fives after Jack did something outrageous.

Ohhhhhh, you could hear the women swooning when Davy Jones' crew ripped off Orlando's shirt! It was this silent swooning, very funny.

Bill Nighy was Fantastic!!! His eyes and his voice were coming through like lasers.

Keira was out of this world.... Everything rocked.

I can't even begin to imagine the frenzy for the third one when it's released next year.

Naomie Harris was sooo great! I was so excited to see what she was going to be doing in the movie. Her accent was hard as hell to understand but she gave me the creeps so it was all good.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:55 AM
Master Fan

Saw this movie for the second time last night - even funnier this time. I couldnt stop laughing for ages after the bit where Jack goes "let this be the day you always remember as..." then he gets soaked by a huge wave !

For me I know actors in a film are incredibly good when you cant imagine anyone else in the roles, obviously it goes without saying that Johnny is Captain Jack but now I feel the same about Orlando and Keira as Will and Elizabeth - all three of them are excellent
Old 07-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR
It's almost as if this movie took over the whole freakin' demographic!

The audience I saw it with were THRILLED. Like, I'm not even sure why. They were clapping loudly, laughing hysterically and they were like holding on to each other during the ending.

Let me tell you.... People LOVE the character of Jack Sparrow. They adore him.
I noticed the same thing you did. The midnight show I went to (as well as my second viewing that saturday) was filled with people of varying ages....from 10 to 60. Men, women, etc..... that's what makes the movies so successful. I also experienced crazed audience reactions. They laughed at everything, gasped and swooned, just generally freaked out.

IMO, the character of Jack Sparrow will be one of those....you know, like Darth Vader, Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter....iconic.

~Kat
Old 07-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
I mean, my friend already had to explain to me, why that girl gave him dirt, but.... And how does this dice game work?

enough already.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread