Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Perfect Score (2004) #1

Six high school students ban together and devlop a plan to heist the SAT exam in order to prevent the test from unfairly defining who they'll become. Each in the group has his or her own circumstances that leads to the conclusion that the only way to truly decide one's own fate is to beat the system.

Cast
Chris Evans .... Kyle
Bryan Greenberg .... Matty
Scarlett Johansson .... Francesca
Erika Christensen .... Anna
Darius Miles .... Desmond
Leonardo Nam .... Roy

See the trailer here.

See the offical site here.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Comes out on January 30th 2004.

Is anyone else looking forward to this movie. It seems interseting and I'm a huge Scarlett Johansson fan!

]

[ 12-24-2003: Message edited Acttess12 ]

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 10-22-2018 at 07:07 PM
Acttess12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

I thought I'd bring this thread back up since it's now on US and has had mixed reviews.

I read somewhere that they were saying that even if it did fail Paramount and MTV Films wouldn't have a major loss to cover since the budget (and quite possibly marketing) was $13 million

Twitter: nlm78
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gossipcom:
<STRONG>I thought I'd bring this thread back up since it's now on US and has had mixed reviews.

I read somewhere that they were saying that even if it did fail Paramount and MTV Films wouldn't have a major loss to cover since the budget (and quite possibly marketing) was $13 million</STRONG>
This is what is called "Big idea, Small Movie" or "High Concept, Low Budget" and is what a lot of studios are switching to since most big budget movies (any movie that cost $60+ million) are flopping left and right barring LOTR and Matrix.

MTV Films is notorious -- in a good way -- For recognizing you don't need to spend $100 million on a movie when it will never make back that much over its entire run, and know how to pick projects for their core demographic (12-23) that will make back what they are supposed to, I.E. Varsity Blues; Wuthering Heights, etc.

It'll make more back on DVD through sell through sales alone, let alone first time rentals.

As for the movie itself...

I'll check it out on DVD, but that is mainly because I've been out of high school for a long time and the SATs are just so far removed from my everyday life/worries that the core idea isn't really appealing to me right now aside from other movies I'd rather see like "ROTK" and "21 Grams" which are more adult oriented in nature.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

I saw this movie it was really funny. I wanna see it again but can't until i get money. Bryan Greenberg (One Tree Hill) is really good in this!! I love him... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
.Bianca.
that_70s_gurl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

This was one of my fav movies! I've seen it 4 times and I might be seeing it a 5th time this week. And Bryan Greenberg is so hot! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks to i_whore @ livejournal for my avatar!
iloveRic224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

I saw this movie last week.

It is pretty good. I liked it. Scarlett Johansson I think is a really talented actress and liked her part the best. And damn there are some hotties in it.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

it was a really good movie!
x0lia_madden0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah I like it.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

NIce teen movie!!!It introduces us to a new generation of actors!!!!
satine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread