Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Banned

Pan's Labyrinth (2006) #1

This was one of the best foreign films I have ever seen. I loved the little girl in it. It was very sad at the end cause I wasn't expecting that! I also didn't realize how gruesome the movie was. Some people were expecting some Neverending story type film which IMO, was a great film but this film was rated R. So there is no way that there will be flying dragons who save people or cutesy animals. Which I liked about it. This isn't the family fare that people must be expecting, it is a true-to-life account of a war with a young girl making up her own world.

Here is my little tribute to the movie.

Cry Little Sister
JoshandChristinaCursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

one of the best films ever imo....fantastic, moving and heartbreaking

and so innovative
-res cogitans- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:21 AM
Addicted Fan

great film. doug jones is just awesome the way he portrays the characters, especially the pale man with the eyes in the hands. just creepy!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

I absolutely love Pan's Labyrinth. It wasn't what I expected at first, with the combination of war etc. I was under the impression it was like a Grimm fairytale, but with the inclusion of Spanish history, it only improved the film. I found it rather bizarre and the fawn and the thing with eyes in it's hands just plain scary! A fantastic film, it deserves all the accolades that come to it!
tu es mon ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

I saw this movie in theaters, it was quite excellent. I love the whole adult dark fantasy genre it fits in.
Bella Grint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

i love this film. i want to have my friends watch it..but so many of my friends hate watching subtitled films. it's their loss though lol.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

i see alot of films in theaters....and for the last 4 years i've prescreened hundreds of films at home, that are being considered for inclusion to a film festival held in my city every year....the other day i was asked by one of the adminstrators of that festival what my favorite film was all time was? i replied i've seen so many good films over the years that it's really hard to say....but one of my favorite films of the last couple of years is 'pan's labyrinth' because it works on so many different levels that have already been described in this thread....

Quote:
originally posted by WildAtHeart: but so many of my friends hate watching subtitled films. it's their loss though lol.

it's sad...quite a few people are like that......imo there missing out on some truly great films, that are made in countries other than the united states....as far as i'm concerned some of the greatest filmmakers in the world today are in france and iran......exceptional films are being made in almost every country if you choose to look...notable examples of this are the films being made in spain and mexico.....
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

I also adore this film. It wasnt what I was expecting when I watched it...but it was so much better.

Definately on my list of favourite movies

And i agree about the subtitles. People who dont watch movies for that fact are missing some exceptional film making. totally their loss

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
BrokenButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

I have friends like that as well! How else can they translate foreign films? Dubbing is worse!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

I totally love Pan's Labyrinth. I, too, was under the impression that it was some kind of fantasy/horror movie when I first heard about it and saw the trailer. But when I finally saw it it turned out to be so much more than I expected. Plus I had to cry at the ending and I normally don't cry that easy when it comes to movies.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

the ending was tragic and epic..
Old 01-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Grint (View Post)
the ending was tragic and epic..
Yes, the ending was wow, not what I expected.
I remember hearing about this movie because it kept winning awards during the golden globes or oscars or something, and I was like, hmm maybe i should watch it.

It was very different to other movies I watch. It was scary at some parts, but that just because im a major scardy cat.

duck - duck - goose!
nerdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

yeah the scary parts were graphic as well..that was the adult fairy tale part hehe.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

Love this movie. Soo good. The acting, writing, story. Perfect
samira_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

By far one of the best films ever made
DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread