Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2004, 08:10 AM
Extreme Fan

The Notebook

I just thought I should start this thread cuz in my mind, a lot of people (including me) are waiting for this movie to open. It's my favourite Nicholas Sparks book and the cast looks great.

It stars Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, Gena Rowlands, James Garner, James Marsden and Joan Allen.

I will get some more info later but for now, here's a wp I made for the movie...Go Ryan!

edited to add: I just made this wp of Ryan and Rachel in The Notebook- just had to make it...

Also, you can check out a teaser for the movie at this Ryan Gosling site: Slightly Askew - a Ryan Gosling fansite. It's from ET on MTV. They showed a teaser on regular ET but just a few different clips with a little more emphasis on Gena and James...you can see why I'm waiting for it: Ryan looks so good!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Cindy

Lex/Lana l Clark/Lois l Ryan/Summer l Ryan/Kirsten l Ephram/Amy l Bright/Delia l Bright/Hannah l Luke/Lorelai l Rory/Marty l Logan/Veronica l Charlie/Claire l Sawyer/Sun
Old 03-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

Cindy - I couldn't wait to see this movie either. The Notebook is my favorite Nicholas Sparks book along with A Walk to Remember.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

i love this book i got hooked to NS when i read a walk to remeber. have you guys read the sequel the wedding? thats good to. btw the trailer didnt work for me [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2004, 07:56 AM
Total Fan

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] theyre making this a movie?? this book is so good! I'm so excited now.

anyone know when it'll be out?
Old 03-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

USA
25 June 2004

Germany
2 September 2004

Netherlands
7 October 2004

Belgium
24 November 2004
i love imdb.com! thats where i go for all my movie info: IMDb: The Notebook
Old 03-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JoDaWs&jAcKdOuG4eVr:
<STRONG>USA
25 June 2004</STRONG>
sweet. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
can't wait!
Old 03-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

I saw the trailer last weekend on ET on VH1. I haven't read the book, but I thought that the movie looked promising. Plus I love movies that are set in that time period.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Passionate Fan

The movie looks really good. My mom read the book and said it was so good. I'll go see it when it comes out I'm sure.

Brooke/Chase
Old 03-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Total Fan

I didn't know they were making this into a movie. I started the book a while ago and think I must've gotten really busy because I still think I'm on page 10 or something [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'll finish it... once I finish the other book I've been reading for... months [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Hmm, I'm a little behind [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lots of Love!
Heathyr

TEH LJ!

I'm on hold and waiting for the stars to align.

Gen: "You so deserve Lorelai. You would make GG more rockin' than it already is."
.I totally would - Lorelai, pick me!
Old 03-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

what is this movie about??i want to read the book??i am kind of confused of the plot.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Here is the full trailer:

http://progressive.stream.aol.com/ao...he_trlr_dl.mov

(You need Quicktime to view it; just let it download for a few moments and it should start).

This is basically a classic "first loves" movie about a young couple who meet and the man goes off to war, returns, only to find out that his girlfriend has moved on... And perhaps they were never meant to be together in the first place?
Old 03-17-2004, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

awww i want to see this now.i read "a walk to remember" first then saw the movie maybe i will do that for "the notebook".are gena rowlands and james garner that couple??
Old 03-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi...

Thank you for the link to the trailer...too cute! You know it's typical but come on! Look at Ryan!! AWW!!!

Can somebody please place where the trailer music comes from? It comes from another movie...I can't place it!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Cindy

Lex/Lana l Clark/Lois l Ryan/Summer l Ryan/Kirsten l Ephram/Amy l Bright/Delia l Bright/Hannah l Luke/Lorelai l Rory/Marty l Logan/Veronica l Charlie/Claire l Sawyer/Sun
Old 03-24-2004, 08:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Old 03-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Loyal Fan

I, like the rest of you, really cannot wait to see the movie. I adored the book & the movie doesn't look like it will dissapoint.

The movie website is up in full now & has a ton of great stuff.