Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2018, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Therefore, what seemed as unfair treatment from her was really typical behavior of family from wealth I mean, even Allie's dad, who clearly likes Noah, tells Allie that he's "unsuitable" for her as a future partner.
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

More proof that I would've hated living back then.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It does seem like a generational thing but I think in some parts of the world, and in certain social classes, that type of marrying into money attitude still exists.
Gwen
Old 07-02-2018, 04:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, I think so.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Therefore, what seemed as unfair treatment from her was really typical behavior of family from wealth I mean, even Allie's dad, who clearly likes Noah, tells Allie that he's "unsuitable" for her as a future partner.
I hated that class separation.

I mean her father is basically saying, "He's perfect for you in every way and treats you how you should be treated, but you'll never marry. Why? His job, his family and his status are not good enough."
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, it's sad. Plus, it makes Allie's mother less easy to hate, because her father's words are perpetuating the cycle of status importance for lifelong partners.
Gwen
Old 07-03-2018, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So true, I'm so glad I never have had to deal with that sort of prejudice.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

I would've rebelled so hard against that. I hate when someone thinks they can control me.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah this day and age, but when that is how you're raised I can't say how I'd have responded you know? We know so much more freedom than the past.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely think that Allie and her parents are products of the time

But I also believe that behind closed doors, these types of old-fashioned ways of thinking still exist. These prejudicial systems never really go away, they're just more vilified in public now.
Gwen
Old 07-04-2018, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's such a true statement it's sad in ways too because it also shows that you're never really yourself unless you're alone!
Old 07-06-2018, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Exactly and Allie is a lot like Rose from Titanic, in that sense. She's living her life according to society's rules, rather than being free, "like a bird."
Gwen
Old 07-07-2018, 08:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

That is so true.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gwen
Old 07-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So young and cute then.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top