Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 09:01 PM
New Fan

Not Another Teen Movie (2001) #1 - "Coach says it's alright to bleed from the ears."

I don't know about anyone else, but I really LOVED this movie because it was so funny. I liked seeing the movies I like being turned into something funny.

Anyone else?

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited A Pirates Life For Me ]
Old 01-29-2004, 03:07 AM
Loyal Fan

It was brilliant i didnt really like it the fiorst time i watched it but the second i found it hilarious. I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the fact the good charlotte are the band at the end and Joel looks so funny. I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the music video tainted love for it it too. will be back just a quick post before off to work.

"You look good wearing my future"
Twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Whenever I see that movie, I pity Ali Larter in Varisty Blues. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

That's all I gotta say!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leeann
xx
Old 01-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

I love this movie even more than the Scary Movies. This one was really well done. I love the music video so much, I crack up every time I watch it. It was brilliant how they mocked the stereotypes in teen movies, like the naked foreign exchange student, the token Black guy, the ugly pretty girl, etc...and school starts and finish in one week including prom, football game and party! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I think they should do one next that makes fun of spy movies. That would be fun. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love this movie!!! Maybe it's b/c I've seen just about every movie that they parody!!! But I think it's a really great movie...the best part is definately the whole musical montage!!! SOOO FUNNY! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

DIRTY JENGA!
*Topher!*

*Sometimes you just take my breath away!* P/J

*~Mollz!~*
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Passionate Fan

This movie is [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]
Andrea D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:24 AM
Elite Fan

I loved this movie! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Especially the bits from American pie and Cruel intentions. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by quarterley:
<STRONG>I think they should do one next that makes fun of spy movies. That would be fun. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
A movie that makes fun of spy movies already exists - it's called Spy hard. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, I love this movie. It's really funny. The scene where they make fun of the Breakfest Club...
Old 02-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

This is a prime example of HW not knowing when to quit.

Granted, the movie is funny in some spots -- Especially, if you HAVE seen all the teen movies and know the "inside" jokes like with Molly Ringwald at the end along with the actual actors from the movies they were parodying doing cameos...

But this movie was right at the end of the teen-movie rejunenvation craze of the late '90s (She's All That; Varsity Blues) and this is why it DIDN'T do well at all when it was released.

If they had waited a couple years... like NOW... I definitely think this film would have played better for the simple fact that they were trying to cash in on the teen-movie rejuvenation craze, but it was just too fresh in everyone's mind to really be effective as it would have been if they had waited.

Also, the fact that the movie was rated "R" completely negated those who were its target audience: Teens under 17 -- Which seems pretty self-defeating if you think about it.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

But it's the same thing with Scary Movie. That was rated R, too, wasn't it? And Scary Movie 2 makes fun of really recent movies, from what I've heard (only seen the first).
Old 10-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't like at all that movie!!!
I don't know why this movies even exist!!!I didn't laught at all!!!!
satine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satine1
I didn't like at all that movie!!!
I don't know why this movies even exist!!!I didn't laught at all!!!!
Ok, I respect your opinions and all but, I think it's just stupid for you to be on a thread where fans talk about their favorite parts in the movie and what-not.

I liked this movie alot
The whole Breakfast Club scene was funny.

And Molly Ringwald at the end with the whole Pretty In Pink thing.
TLCfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

"I love the way that Janie walks,
I love the way that Janie talks."
god this movie is so funny..not to mention it has good charlotte in it. I haven't seen it in a while.

The TBC scene was funny.
"Are you done?" "No."
Old 07-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Elite Fan

"Eeeny Meenie Miney..."
"Mo"
"Your mother was a..."
"Ho."
"Who was a famous clown?"
"Bobo."

I also loved when Jake was singing "Janie's got a gun." and everyone from Janie's class was screaming "She's got a gun!!!"

This movie is hillairous in its own way But for me, it seems to focuse more on the plot parodied from "She's All That"
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:22 AM
Elite Fan

I love when they're trying to find a girl to makeover, and she needs to be the hardest and they skip right past the albino and the Siamese twins.

Jake: No, not Janey Briggs. She's got glasses. And a ponytail. Ugh, she's got paint on her overalls. What is that?