Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nights in Rodanthe (2008) #1: Everything will change but love remains the same.

Description: Once again the light of Nicholas Sparks shines through cinema. Richard Gere and Diane Lane star as Dr. Paul Flanner and Adrianne Willis. Both retreat to find meaning in their lives only to discover "a life-changing romance that will resonate throughout the rest of their lives."

Nights in Rodanthe

Movie Trailer:

Movie Music Video:

Emma♥Neal

Last edited by Ron_Beckett; 09-29-2008 at 05:19 AM
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i love nicholas sparks so i can't wait to see the movie probably next week
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

I adore Nicholas Sparks, so I'm eeeexcited!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gonna go see this movie today with my mom so I cannot wait!

Okay so went to the 2:45 showing with my mom.

Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Diane Lane/Adrianne Willis: Diane did an incredible job. Really played out the emotions- from anger, to happiness, and frustration. And her chemistry with Richard Gere was non other than spectacular. You could tell that these two were really in love.

Richard Gere/Paul Flanner: Definately a great choice for Paul. He held no emotion yet at the same time held every emotion.

Christopher Meloni/Jack Willis: Loved him as Adrianne's husband. It was a simple role but still it worked.

James Franco/Mark Flanner: Very believable that he was Pauls/Richards son. And the sadness he brought to the role was great.

The Love Letters: Definately an endearing quality to the film. Loved how Adrianne would act like a teenager when she got them. And the last one Paul wrote was enough to bring out the tears.

Overall: Definately another great movie to the book that inspired the film. If you're a fan of Sparks then you'll love this movie.

Now I want to go back and re-read the book!
Emma♥Neal

Last edited by Ron_Beckett; 09-27-2008 at 04:19 PM
Old 09-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I went to see this with a few of my friends last night and we all loved it! We had to pass around the Kleenex as well.

calliebear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's cool.

I don't care what the critics say this movie was amazing.

My mom and I went to Barnes & Noble right now so I could get the book. I had a copy all ready but I figured since my mom was reading it that I should just get another copy because I'm dying to read it again.

And then the music to the film was great as well.
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Aww im so glad it sounds good. I'll check it out sooon!.

Nick sparks is awesome!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Does anyone have the quote Adrienne says to her daughter about a different kind of love? It's near the end, when she's telling her about Paul.

I would be so grateful!
icon:Luka
kategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't seem to find that quote just yet. Maybe because the movie just came out so it might be a while but what Adrienne said to her daughter was beautiful.
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

I know, I am just so impatient, it was so gorgeous.
icon:Luka
kategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL I don't blame you. The movie was perfect in every way. They got the perfect actors for every role.
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You mean this quote?

"There's a kind of love that makes you feel anything is possible. That you can be anyone. I want you to have that."

I LOVED this movie!! I had already read the book and knew what was going to happen, but it is always wonderful to see a favorite book of yours come to life on the big screen. And just like with A Walk to Remember and The Notebook, this movie did not disappoint. Now that I have seen it, I can't imagine anyone other than Diane and Richard playing the parts. And I wish James Franco was in it more. Even though his role is the book was pretty small as well. The only thing I wish was different was that they didn't start 14 years in the future and flash back like in the book. Her daughter was older and just lost her husband, and so she tells the story of how she met Paul. But still the scene with her daughter was very touching.

Well done!!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callalily (View Post)
I LOVED this movie!! I had already read the book and knew what was going to happen, but it is always wonderful to see a favorite book of yours come to life on the big screen. And just like with A Walk to Remember and The Notebook, this movie did not disappoint. Now that I have seen it, I can't imagine anyone other than Diane and Richard playing the parts. And I wish James Franco was in it more. Even though his role is the book was pretty small as well. The only thing I wish was different was that they didn't start 14 years in the future and flash back like in the book. Her daughter was older and just lost her husband, and so she tells the story of how she met Paul. But still the scene with her daughter was very touching.
I couldn't have said things better myself As much as I would've liked it at the same time I'm glad they kept the future and flashback moments out of it. That's what makes it different. And then another difference with the movie version was that Adrienne told Amanda about Paul Flanner a lot sooner rather than when Amanda was going through her own problems. Both the book and movie version are great so I have nothing against them.

I'm re-reading the book because it had been a long while since I had read it. I like reading the book before hand because you have no idea what the characters look or sound like so you use your imagination but now re-reading it after having seen the movie, the picture becomes more clear. You can actually see the characters and hear their voice.

Aw man I want to see this movie again!
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad you guys seemed to like it. I've read the book a while ago and loved it. Nicholas Sparks neve dissapoints me. Not sure if I'll get to the theatres to see this but I will be sure to rent it.

Icon: Cynthia
Kenjigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

seeing it tomorrow!!

edit: just got back from seeing it...i loved it!! so sad and romantic.....
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie

Last edited by ocfan27; 09-30-2008 at 03:53 PM
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread