Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/box-off...590386997.html

Quote:
Thanks to a Halloween boost, Universal’s holdover Ouija held far better than expected in its second weekend to tie with Jake Gyllenhaal's new indie crime-thriller Nightcrawler for the North American box office crown.

Ouija took in an estimated $10.9 million from 2,899 theaters for a 10-day domestic total of $35 million. Open Road Films’ critically acclaimed Nightcrawler, playing in 2,766 locations, is also estimated a weekend take of $10.9 million.

The race won’t officially be called until Monday morning when final grosses are tallied, although most rivals have Ouija slightly ahead.

Box office observers had expected Nightcrawler to win by a safe margin, but Ouija fell just 45 percent, far less than most horror titles.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the update!
Old 11-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would like to see Nightcrawler a lot.
My LJ
Old 11-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

marvel is going after the person who leaked The Age Of Ultron trailer last week . movie/Tv piracy can bring up to 5 yrs in jail and $100.000 fine

‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Trailer Leak: Marvel Gets Subpoena To Probe Google | Deadline

In a town of secrets and surprises almost no one in Hollywood likes to keep secrets as tightly held like Marvel. So it is no wonder they want to find out how and who leaked the trailer to The Avengers: Age of Ultron two weeks ago. What is surprising is how quickly a federal judge granted the Disney-owned company’s request for a subpoena against Google to do just that.

“YOU ARE COMMANDED to produce at the time, date, and place set forth below the following documents, electronically stored information, or objects, and to permit inspection, copying, testing, or sampling of the material,” Google was told yesterday (read it here). This comes a day after Marvel requested a far-reaching subpoena to probe the October 22 leak.

Avengers Age of Ultron trailerThe November 5 issued subpoena says Google has to bring to court “all identifying information for the user ‘John Gazelle’ ” on November 18 in San Francisco. But Marvel doesn’t get to reach as deep into Google as it wanted. Judge Richard Wieking did not grant Marvel’s request to “permit entry onto the designated premises, land, or other property possessed or controlled by you at the time, date, and location set forth.”
Old 11-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

I once sat through 20 minutes of a new release next to a Federal agent who was casually roaming the theater making sure no one was recording illegally. Hollywood takes this kind of thing seriously, to say the least. Hehe.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Box Office: 'Big Hero 6' Tops 'Interstellar' With $56.2M Weekend - Forbes
Quote:
The top release of the weekend was Walt Disney’s Big Hero 6. If the film was somewhat drowned out in terms of film pundit-fueled publicity for Interstellar, it didn’t matter much. The well-reviewed (and mostly delightful) Disney comic book superhero adventure (loosely based on a Marvel comic) debuted with a whopping $56.2 million over its opening weekend. Not only is this Walt Disney’s biggest (non-Pixar) weekend debut outside of Frozen (which earned $67m of its $93m Thanksgiving weekend over the Fri-Sun frame), but it’s Walt Disney Animation’s biggest stand-alone weekend ever, topping the $49m debut for Wreck It Ralph on the first weekend of November in 2012. Wreck It Ralph merely had to contend with the $24m debut of Denzel Washington’s R-rated drama Flight. That Big Hero 6 did so well even with an equally “big” movie like Interstellar scooping up audiences (and most of the publicity) shows the strength of the Disney brand and the strong marketing efforts of the Mouse House.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Good news!

Fox Gives INDEPENDENCE DAY 2 Green Light; Filming Begins In May

I love this news!
Old 11-30-2014, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Weekend Box Office: 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Devours the Competition, Repeats at No. 1 - The Moviefone Blog

Quote:
"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1" ruled the Thanksgiving box office for a second weekend in a row with $56.9 million, according to studio estimates Sunday. The total haul for the latest installment of the Lionsgate dystopian series starring Jennifer Lawrence stands at $225.7 million.

DreamWorks Animation's "Penguins of Madagascar" opened in second place with $25.8 million. The animated spin-off focuses on the penguins from DreamWorks' "Madagascar" franchise.

Disney's "Big Hero 6" and Paramount's "Interstellar" respectively held onto the third and fourth positions with $18.7 million and $15.8 million in their fourth weekend at the box office.

The Warner Bros. comedy sequel "Horrible Bosses 2" featuring Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis and Charlie Day debuted in fifth place with $15.7 million.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnColorsღ (View Post)
I would like to see Nightcrawler a lot.
I loved it. What a creepy movie.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

Bill Pullman back for Independence Day sequel

Yay!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

'Hunger Games' tops slow weekend at the box office - Roanoke Times: Wire
‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1′ Leads Lousy Box Office Weekend | Deadline

Quote:
Mockingjay is doing fine in a soft market (it’s poised to be the second-highest grossing film of the year behind Guardians of the Galaxy, surpassing Captain America: The Winter Soldier‘s $259.76M.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Sad it surpassed Captain America.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sony entertainment movie " The Interview"has officialy has
been canceled as far as release date buy Sony . North Korea hackers threatened that any theater showing this movie , may get bombed " blown up" . Prior to the cancellation of the Christmas Day release, 3 movie chains pulled the movie . Stars Seth Rogan / James Franco also canceled all the media appearances this week. Sony had to cancel the movie premire last night in NY ..
Old 12-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw no that's not good. I will update and put that in the title.
My LJ
Old 12-19-2014, 03:48 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I was going to wait to see it on DVD anyway. How about you?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread