Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

I love Rent. Just recently saw it on Broadway. I loved the movie and the show equally.

Very interesting about the whole Audrey/Julie Andrews thing!!!

I love My Fair Lady............and Mary Poppins.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish I could fly like in Mary Poppins
Old 08-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

That would be cool.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wouldn't have to take the bus if it was possible
Old 08-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Absolute Fan

no..I never have I live in texas we don't get much broadway here. The lion king coming next year. I've never seen Chicago. I wish I could fly like that to.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Chicago was a great play. I loved it.
I never got to see Lion King but my cousin loved it.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Lion King is one of my favorites! You have to go see it when it comes to your city! It's a magical experience...I nearly started crying when it first started...
Old 08-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

maybe one day I'll see it. everyone loves it
Old 08-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Absolute Fan

Were going for sure! We missed POTO were so bummed. We go to the ballet every year.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Total Fan

I've been wanting to see Rent for a while, but I haven't gotten around to it. I heard the songs are amazing. I've been told by all my friends that I need to see Chicago too, but I haven't gotten to it yet either. I'm so behind on musicals.

"I missed you." - "You know what I missed you too."
Amber LJ | My FanFiction | Twitter Icon by me.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

think A Boy From Oz will ever be made into a movie? I saw it on Broadway and Hugh was amazing.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Absolute Fan

I guess this is the best place to place this question...

Anyone seen "High School Musical"?

Um...yeah. It was a Disney Made-for-tv movie aired this year.
Cheesy plot, lyrics aren't great, the lip-synching is sometimes off, but after all that the energy of the music and the dance numbers are highly addicting.

It's the musical that you'll say "It's awful, but for some reason, I like it..."

I'm a huge fan of musicals. Favourites include...man...
My Fair Lady, Les Miserables (see the 10th Anniversary Concert...buy it on EBay if you can, I swear, it's worth it), Sound of Music, Grease, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, RENT, Chicago...

In terms of MOVIE versions, Chicago has to be marked as the the best MODERN one. It revitalized the concept..though I don't think RENT lived up to it so much.
Moulin Rouge was alright.

Classics are, most definitely, Wizard of Oz (I consider that a musical), Sound of Music, Annie (the first one), and Grease. I haven't been able to watch "Singing in the Rain" all the way through. Guys and Dolls was pretty good too.

I'm pretty familiar with most musicals.

And for a completely random movie which can give a good laugh:
The Pajama Game
It's an old movie that my mom picked up from the library. It's a musical movie, kind of a lame plot, but it's worth it to watch. And a perfect mock-movie. Meaning, you can have a riot making jokes about the lyrics, or the plot parts. They aren't bad. They are just funny cuz they're cheesy.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I never saw High School Musical. I feel like I may be too old for it

I loved Les Miserables. I like the movie with Liam Neeson, but I still wish it was made into a musical rather than a regular movie
Old 08-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm 20 and I watched High School Musical

I'm telling you. It's cheese. Filled with Cheese. But nevertheless the songs are catchy.

When I first borroed "Les Miserables" (video) from the library it was because I thought it was the musical, but it wasn't-it was the Liam Neeson and (what's his name...who's a genius?) movie. I was pretty disappointed. That was way back before I knew the songs or anything...I agree. Good movie. I would have liked to see a movie musical verson of Les Miserables, but in this day and age...in 2006 and considering how Holleywood is, I would be afraid to give any producer the go ahead.

I feel they might sabotage the musical completely for the sake of making good bucks. It would star people like Keira Knightly and famous pretty Hollywood faces and stars, the production would be expensive so the movie looks really 'clean' and 'pretty' and the product would lack the heart and depth of the musical.

Until I can trust Hollywood to do a musical justice like the classics were done, I'm going to go in and out of movie musicals the same way: skeptical. For now, sticking with the 10th anniversary concert of Les Mis works wonders. The cast is outstanding and it's just brilliance. I'd take that rather than confining the music into a fake two blocks of set. Using the theatre makes it as big as it deserves to be.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Absolute Fan

I saw parts of high school musical my sister tired to get me to watch it I feel asleep both times. I'm just feel a little old for it also.