Old 06-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) #1

Post away!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:07 AM
New Fan

That was an awesome movie! I wanna see it again - action, comedy, cool stunts! Just the perfect reason why blockbusters are made.

I have one question though that bugged me after the movie. In that scene where John is in the elevator and Jane and her female agents blow it up how did he escape because I couldnt figure it out - was it something to do with the camera he was looking into and the wire he pulled out? Was he in another elevator and if so how did he trick them?

Overall though, again an AWESOME movie!!
sols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

New thread...?
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Sorry, ShrrShrr...

But after seeing this film (in its current state), there is no way to explain what I need to say without going into spoilers because the current version of this film that is in theaters is basically a hacked up, storyless PG-13 version of the original script.

One big question is that was raised:

What happened after the department store battle? Why did the NSA and CIA just "stop" trying to kill John and Jane Smith?

In the original script, John and Jane Smith make their way to Keith David (Jane's boss) and "convince" him to leave them alone. However, in the current theatrical version, it just cuts to two years later once they escape the department store after the big battle.

This abruptness is really jarring -- even if you don't know the original ending -- And makes the movie seem very shallow and as if there is something missing... Which there is, technically.

Again, I apologize if I am the reason the original thread was closed, but like I said, there is no other way to answer this question unless you've seen the movie and are asking about it
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Im hoping for a sequel , I read an article a few days ago that mentioned the DVD is going to have an alternative ending .
As much as I loved the movie I do agree smth was missing at the end ,But I wasnt expecting more and the start and middle were awesome so I thought it was pretty good as a whole
One last thing I have to say is what made this movie work is Angie/Brad , they definately gave it the spices it needed I dont think I woudlve enjoyed it as much if it was somebody else

And I hope we see more Of John/Jane , cause theyre one of the most interesting and fun couples I saw in movies .
SportyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree. And believe me, I'm a tough critic when it comes to movies, cuz there was so much junk coming out. So it's a BIG relief to know that I was able to go to the theater, mind you, I wasn' t in a good mood that night, and I ended laughing all the way through and left the theater with a BIG smile on my face. --All thanks to Brad and Angelina's screen presence, chemistry, HOT HOT moments of passion and last but not least, I liked how they gave Jane that vunerable side behind the tough exterior, cuz that made the movie so much more at heart. I could go on and on....but yea, and the script was also phenomenal!! Which IMO is VERY important.

All in all, Comedy, Romance, Action, Adventure all in one movie! Who can ask for more?
PinkPearl108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! You guys gotta check out out this clip!

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/265...&htv=12&htv=12

Thanks to Brad Pitt News)

Scroll down till you see *Vince Vaughn adlibs*, and check out towards the end of the clip. Angelina's trying not to laugh at Vince and calls him "bizarre". Then she tells him to focus! LOL!!

Oh man.... gotta love Vince Vaughn! Talk about a scene stealer!!
PinkPearl108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Loyal Fan

oh god I wish they kept that scene in the movie ! Vince is hillarious
both scenes Could you please sit down .. ur ruining my carpet

And the last part .. Angie seemed like she was actually laughing at Vince ..not part of the script
Wish there was more of him in the movie
SportyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

Meep. Sorry the original thread was closed due to spoilage.

Bringing my last post over from the last thread:
Yea, I did kind of feel like the ending left something to be desired. i was kind of like "wait...what happened in the "two years" that the therapist said?" and it surprised me how little Kieth David was in it, seeing as how he is a great actor.

LoL as far as the tricycle thing - I had seen that in the previews and I was like wait, that's not in it! Seems like the love scenes were cut down a lot too (by the looks of the previews). I absolutely HATE when something is in the previews, and it doesn't make "the cut". To me it is almost like false advertising or something

Definitely hoping for a directors cut/unrated cut, because I'd love to have much more of it. While I absolutely loved it, I think they could have made the movie even a bit longer (it seemed to be over quite quickly) and added in more pertinent things.

Ooh i want to watch that thing with Vince. Unfortunately I have to run out the door to my dad's graduation . However, in the E! Behind the scenes, Angie was talking about Vince, and she was like "Well, I think his original on-screen time was like, 3 minutes, but all that script just got thrown out as soon as he got there, because he just keeps ad-libbing." lol. (Not an exact quote) I adore Vince Vaughn. You can totally tell he never sticks to scripts, because he has that on-going like running sentence that never seems to end lol.

I love when they are in the diner and he looks at Jane, and he goes "look I know we have our issues, but there is no need for you to give me looks like that." lol. Gotta love the "jesus rocks" shirts.

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]
~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Hey everyone - I'm not angry, I just don't know why you all didn't start your OWN spoiler thread! I mean, that's what the board's for!

My LJ for Movies
Old 06-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

I thought this movie was pretty good. It was in line with the other Doug Liman assassin/spy movies (i.e. the Bourne Identity and the Bourne Supremacy). Granted, with any of these spy films, one shouldn't expect a realistic film. It's not the reason one goes and watches any spy/assasin fare that have blockbustor tags attached to them.

The plot was not complicated, but it wasn't predictable. "Tank's" role in the whole setup was a nice little twist. The movie works mainly because of the chemistry between the Brad and Angelina. If it wasn't for that, then the movie would fall flat. The restaurant encounter, house fight, highway chase, and the final battle in the Costco Store, were all pretty intense scenes. I found out that although the film was still a spy film, the overall theme was romance.

Moreover, Vince Vaughn was very good at providing comic relief. His conversations with Brad Pitt about his mistrust of women were priceless. He said something like "they [women] all want to kill you, but most more slowly than others".

And I liked the ending. The film didn't end in some romantic/cheesy scene but right after the big gun battle at the Costco store. Moreover, it acknowledged that their marriage was working once again to some degree (i.e. they were having more sex). The open ending does leave the door open for a sequel.

The movie, though, was shorter than I expected. It did feel like they deleted or cut short some scenes. If the DVD features added scenes, I will probably rent it and maybe even buy it if there is a lot more extra added scenes.

www.savingangel.org
dayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The end really left me wanting more.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

I just thought that we couldn't talk about spoilers until the movie actually came out. I don't get these rules, I really don't. lol

Quote:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! You guys gotta check out out this clip!

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/26...2&htv=12&htv=12
He is such a dork! I wish he were in it more too!

Anji ~ me too!
Sheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, I agree with what some of you said about scenes being cut and the abrupt ending. The best thing about this movie is actually the acting performances, not the script.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheartin
I just thought that we couldn't talk about spoilers until the movie actually came out. I don't get these rules, I really don't. lol
No - that's for spoilers on any of the other boards, like television shows.

Here on the Movies Board we've always had the following rule (for at least the last 5 years):

For the first three months that a movie comes out in theaters (even if it leaves the theaters before the end of 3 months) any spoiler must be posted in a MARKED spoiler thread. This includes photos/clips from the movie that aren't part of the main widespread movie campaign and quotes.

Again, if you want to discuss spoilers you can only do so in a thread that says, "Spoilers."

Okay? Good.

My LJ for Movies
Reply   Post New Thread