Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Movies You Wished You Loved

Share the movies you were most excited to see or movies you know you should like but are disappointed because you don't like them. Movies you keep watching because you can't believe you don't like them.

Here are the one's I can think of off the top of my head.

Legends of the Fall - I've seen it three times and still don't like it. I can't for the life of me figure out why. Epic, romance, tragedy...Brad Pitt! Just doesn't do anything for me I so want to love this movie.

Dances with Wolves

Shoot 'em Up

The Illusionist - Seen it twice and....nothing.

The Boondock Saints

Inside Man - Seen it twice...Boring!

I will ALWAYS choose you.
Remember, you'll wait for me here, right?
maej26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

Great topic!

I hated Shoot 'Em Up. I know it was a comedy, but it was bad comedy at that.

I wish I could love X-Men: Wolverine. But I was so disappointed after months and months of waiting.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: I heard it was one of Brad Pitt's best performances and a very good movie but I could only watch an hour before I had to turn it off. It was just so long and tedious, I couldn't get into it.
Jordy4189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Monty Python and the Holy Grail: My entire family and all of my friends love this movie and I just can't stand it. I don't find it funny at all! And I've given it more than three chances. It just doesn't do it for me
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Titanic. I think it's so boring and so many people think it's the greatest movie of all time
Old 08-30-2009, 05:01 AM
New Fan

Life is Beautiful by Roberto Remigio Benigni. I wish I loved it so that I could appreciate life more. But I think it's too cheesy. Maybe it's just I wasn't really watching it in a good mood but the story didn't really have any hold on me.
macro_grp02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

I made my husband watch life is beautiful--he couldn't stand the first half--but he loved the second half.

I'm going to have to think about this one. Normally after a movie I'm always like "Man, I wish I had liked that movie" normally because I love an actor or actress in it...but of course right now, I can't think of anything!!
taovande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Sound of Music: It's supposed to be a classic of Julie Andrews, and I adore her as an actress but I could not stand this movie.
Jordy4189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:52 PM
New Fan

The Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline, I don't know if it's the stop motion which bugs me (but I really love the effect so I'm not sure it's that).

Also, Pulp Fiction and Gladiator. I just cannot get into the first (I've yet to finish it) and the second bored me to sleep.
phantom dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Revolutionary Road. The acting was top notch, but I didn't like the film at all. It wasn't necessarily the grim subject matter, but that the characters really lacked any redeemable qualities. Also try watching this one on a plane and try NOT jumping out the window. Hard to do. I wish I could like this movie.
scone of joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Absolute Fan

awesome thread

i don't get transformers

i know i should love it but i dont and it bugs me that i dont
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
ImmortallyUsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I wanted to love Funny People and Public Enemies but it was a waste of time and money. The movies starred two of my favorite actors Johnny Depp and Adam Sandler and I've never been disappointed in any of their movies until now.
Oncer4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona Jo (View Post)
I wanted to love Funny People and Public Enemies but it was a waste of time and money. The movies starred two of my favorite actors Johnny Depp and Adam Sandler and I've never been disappointed in any of their movies until now.
aww that sucks when that happens, everyone has told me about public enemies being bad and johnny is my fav actor, its kinda stopping me from seeing it i dont want to be dissapointed
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
ImmortallyUsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Passionate Fan

District 9

I thought it was really good but it turned out to be, eh, can't get the right word. The concept was pretty awesome though and they could've done better
kikkokalabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

American Beauty
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread