Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemx2 (View Post)
has anyone ever seen cruel intentions? anyhoo... near the end of the movie, there's a part when the "villian" of the movie is exposed as the fraud that she is (via the notebook of step-brother who, no thanks to her, died saving the girl he loved). very melodramatic, i know, but i still love it. bittersweet symphony played in the background the whole time, and it absolutely fitted that scene perfectly.
I thought that was amazing, as well as when "Colorblind" was played and Annette sees Sebastian at the airport. Just...damn. THAT gets me every time.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 AM
Master Fan

The music from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies especially At the World's End is very impressive. The music in every scene is so perfect and you can feel the emotion of the characters and the setting.

Jack Sparrow: Shoot him and cut out his tongue, then shoot his tongue! And trim that scraggly beard!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

I love the POTC score. It's so grand, but distinctive. I get chills whenever I hear it.

Also, I've said this elsewhere, but the beginning of At World's End with the "hoist the colors" song was haunting and amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekFreak (View Post)
I thought that was amazing, as well as when "Colorblind" was played and Annette sees Sebastian at the airport. Just...damn. THAT gets me every time.
Ohhh that one is so good.

Speaking of love scenes, the one in Benny & Joon with "Have a little faith in me" is so beautiful. I love that scene so much.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

In the Virgin Suicides when they introduce Josh Hartnett with Hearts "Magic Man" playing.....absolutely perfect for the intro for this character.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

I loved the music is The Perfect Score. I think it suits the moods in each scene.

brittany & santana
Old 03-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Kill Bill Volume 1 : The music used for Oren Ishii's entrance in the "restaurant"

I can't get enough of Moulin Rouge, Romeo+Juliet & Cruel Intentions soundtrack as well.
The score of Star Wars, Lord of the Ring and The Matrix are pretty good to.

Really catchy

Sri Lankan Pinay, woot woot!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Titanic - beautiful score; I particularly love the theme called Rose in the "I'm flying" scene

X-Men The Last Stand - the music when Phoenix kills Xavier, and when Wolverine kills Phoenix, perfectly fits the tone of the scenes.

Moulin Rouge - practically every song in that movie is fitting for the scene.

Face/Off - I love rising music for the closing scene when the father (John Travolta) comes home and the mother and daughter realize it's him again

Pirates of the Caribbean - for me, nothing beats the music, called He's A Pirate in the end credits of the first movie when Jack shuts the compass. Fantastic piece of music, perhaps the best I've ever heard in a movie.

Pearl Harbor - I love the pieces of music called Tennessee and And Then I Kissed Him, very romantically fitting.

And last but not least, I think the score for Batman Begins is simply amazing.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

Score-wise, you really can't get better than There Will Be Blood. The first discordant chord, at the very beginning - what a way to set the tone of the movie! The percussion during the buildup and the explosion of the oil derrick is worth the price of the movie alone. And the end, with Brahms - oh, how ironic. And the rest of the score was quite incredible as well. I do love 'Prospectors Arrive', that's a great song on its own and in the context of the movie is even better.

Other notable scores include Amelie - part of the quirkiness of the movie comes from the score, really, and the music is great as a standalone as well. I listen to it fairly often on my iPod and it's lovely. :heart: The Hours has a good score as well. Philip Glass - not surprising. Oh and The Assassination of Jesse James, too - I'd give specific examples but I can't quite remember it offhand!

Music: Garden State, hands down. Perfect, just absolutely perfect. 'Let Go', obviously, but also 'The Only Living Boy In New York' was quite perfect. Other movies... hmm. The beginning of Stranger than Fiction, with 'The Way We Get By' (Spoon) was nicely energetic. 'Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes' by Beck, in the beginning and ending of Eternal Sunshine - at the beginning it just provides the background to the grief Joel feels, but by the end it becomes quite strangely uplifting and perfect for the movie.

Oh! And Romeo + Juliet has really good songs too, very appropriate - the bass beginning in 'Talk Show Host', when they first introduce Romeo all pensive at the beach? The mysterious feel of the song really suits Romeo at that point in time. Desiree's 'Kissing You' is about the most romantic song and perfect for the lovers meeting, and 'Exit Music' was powerful at the end. Best ending-credits song, ever.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:15 AM
New Fan

Hi everyone, I´m Sara and I´m quite new around here

Well I think Moulin Rouge has a wonderful soundtrack, every song is so perfect i really love that movie.

I feel that Crash has very good music too, the song that is played in every montage is so beautiful, I loved it.

I really enjoyed the score of Harry Potter 4 i think every melody fit perfectly
Old 03-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I just saw this great movie it's called "Into the wild" and the music was amazing. My favorite song was the one they use at the begining and at the end of the movie, it's called "Guaranteed" by Eddie Vedder.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Two scenes immediately come to mind:

Titanic: The "I'm Flying" scene. A lot of other things come together to make that scene sing, including the visuals and lighting. But the music makes it transcendent.

Before Sunset: Best ending I've ever seen in a film and a great example of using music effectively. Celine dances to Nina Simone's Just In Time as the movie fades to black. It's utterly perfect.

Judy

icon credit: skje
Old 03-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There's so many great ones out there but currently for me the best use of music has been the songs Eddie Vedder did for "Into the Wild." It was so heart-felt. Eddie really captured the music for the scenes. It made the story of Christopher McCandless more emotional and uplifting. He was definately the right man to do the music.
Emma♥Neal
Old 04-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

Mine is probably Armageddon when they are getting off the shuttle
Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

The opening of The Departed had the perfect music to it.

Volver - The scene when Raimunda sings. That was pretty cool. I love when characters sing in non musicals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4N6 DNA (View Post)
Mine is probably Armageddon when they are getting off the shuttle
That scene is so great!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:43 AM
Elite Fan

Pixies - Where Is My Mind at the end of Fight Club is amazing.