Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm going to have to say Titanic.

When we see the ship for the first time all restored and it just has this huge music build up. It gives me chills.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
It's Gonna Be Love - - The way Landon is looking at Jamie when he is placing that tattoo on her shoulder and the way she gives him that over the shoulde rsmile and the song playing in the car, such a great movie.
me too! i love this moment!

to add, "Turning Circles" from Cutting Edge when Moira kelly's character was skating all alone in the rink and "Take My Heart Back from If Only i was ing during that time!

~~~
Old 03-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Elite Fan

the use of Gary Jules 'Mad World' near the end of Donnie Darko was so haunting
Old 03-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Extreme Fan

For me it's Wong Kar Wai's Fallen Angels during the ending part of the film. The music was Only You by Flying Pickets where Michele Reis' character drove off with Takeshi Kaneshiro. It's a brilliant scene that makes me want to be a filmmaker.
Here it is on YouTube. YouTube - [wkw] fallen angel

I also love every music inserted on Rushmore.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Elite Fan

One moment I forgot to add that made me tear up when I was younger was during Casper... When Devon Sawa came down the stairs to Jordan Hill's "Remember Me This Way"

To this day that song owns me because of what it meant for the movie. Why couldn't he go back???? So sad. Hehe.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Gattaca has the most amazing score I've ever heard. Especially moving scenes are when the brothers are plaing chicken in the water and the final scene when "Jerome" is going into space and the real Jerome is burning himself.

God, that music is just amazing to me.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanitic (View Post)
the use of Gary Jules 'Mad World' near the end of Donnie Darko was so haunting
I totally agree. His cover of Mad World is so beautiful.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Takeshi Kaneshiro has to be one hottest guys EVER, EVER, EVER! Anyway, just wanted to say that.

And to say something on topic, I totally I agree with Gattaca as having an incredible score.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:11 AM
Elite Fan

I just remembered a really amazing musical moment. In ROTK when Pippin is singing and we see Faramir leading his men to a battle they had lost before engaging.

"Home is behind, the world ahead..." That is one amazing song, BTW.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Loyal Fan

The final scene of Pieces Of April, where we hear Stephin Merritt's "One April Day" ["...and I'll turn to you, and I'll say, 'I've always loved you, in my way'..."] as April and her estranged family are having the Thanksgiving meal she prepared for them. It totally displays her earlier explanation, to the Asian family, about what Thanksgiving is, "This one day, when ... everyone realized they needed eachother." Exceptional use of music there. Amplifies the poignancy of the scene.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

I'd say the ones that stick out in my mind would be "Mad World" from Donnie Darko,"Let Go" from the last scene of Garden State and two of my favorites come from the same movie,The Royal Tenebaums - "These Days" by Nico when GP's character comes in and "Needle in the Hay" by Elliot Smith when LW's character attempts to commit suicide.Wes Anderson,in my opinion,has some of the best music moments in his films
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 07-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

I must say the use of "In the deep" by Bird York in the final scene of Crash. It provoked a lot of feelings, for sure.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Addicted Fan

I suppose this doesn't count since it appeared on television, but...

When Joey comes upon Dawson ('Dawson's Creek') at the Greek garden pond thingy as he's distraught about... something. Sarah McLachlan plays in the background, then... stops. A quiet moment followed by a just right line. Then, Sarah picks up again. It's quite beautiful.

But, something big screen to make this post count...

John Williams throughout 99.9 percent of "Star Wars"! The original, of course!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Banned

Queen Bitch by Bowie used at the end of The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Loyal Fan

I personally have always like Snatch. Not really the whole movie overall, but I did think it was good. I'm talking in particular about the scene in which Brad Pitt knocks out Gorgeous George. I thought the music selection there was great. Perfect queue, you see him laying then "golden brown...lays me down..." wonderful.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top