Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2007, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

Mean Creek (2004) #1

In Oregon, when the bully George Tooney (Josh Peck) beats his schoolmate Sam Merric (Rory Culkin), his older brother Rocky Merric (Trevor Morgan) schemes a prank with his two teenaged friends Clyde (Ryan Kelley) and Marty (Scott Mechlowicz) seeking revenge. They invite George, Sam and his girlfriend Millie (Carly Schroeder) to a boat trip along the river, with the intention of humiliating George and get even. However, Millie convinces Sam to call off the plan and the boys accept in spite of the reluctant Marty. When they decide to play "truth or dare" in the middle of the river, the truth about the prank is disclosed to George and he offends the boys mostly the traumatized Marty, leading the group to an accident with tragic consequences.

Official site: Mean Creek

--

This movie wasn't listed in the Thread Guide, so I felt inclined - nay, obligated - to start this thread. Mean Creek remains one of the most powerful and intense movies I've ever seen. I can't be the only one here who absolutely loves it.
Reply   Post New Thread