Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obthavariable (View Post)
Add me to the list, please And cool to see all the gifs in the OP. I wish I was talented enough to have been the one who made them in the first place.

I've gotten to see it twice now, I hope I can squeeze in a third viewing. Seeing it again was as much of an emotional and thrill ride as the first time. I cry and cheer and my nerves get taut like no other movie, and I just can't imagine how people can't see that it's perfect when it clearly is brilliant. There's so much complexity in it, not just plot-wise (which some dummies confuse for convoluted ) but also thematically and metaphorically. Every minute of it, especially the climax, makes the movie more than just an easy-to-swallow superhero story. There's a lot of heart, and issues raised, and deeper meanings throughout all of it. My Superman bias means that I like this more than The Dark Knight, but there's no doubt that it's on equal ground with it as a truly great movie that happens to be about a superhero. (And this may just be my bias again, but neither of them can hold a candle to the best superhero movie, which is Watchmen )... Anyway, I really enjoyed it and for all the negative reviewers, I've learned to turn a blind ear to them. Their opinions simply don't matter to me.
"AMEN! OBTHAVARIABLE, I LOVE IT! already and i haven't seen it yet. So if i already love it, i know that i'm going to LOVE IT! even more after i see it, which i'm hoping will be 4th of July weekend. SO EXCITED I COULD BURST!!!" D.V.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

the movie is awesome , please add me
Old 06-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome ina_am! I'm glad you enjoyed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by obthavariable (View Post)
Add me to the list, please And cool to see all the gifs in the OP. I wish I was talented enough to have been the one who made them in the first place.
Welcome to the thread! I loved your review and I feel the same way. I prefer superhero movies that are complex and have a good plot.

Also I love that you have a Zack Snyder icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
This movie on DVD is already on my Christmas list.
Same here
Old 06-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

I've added everyone! If you do not see your name, let me know!

Thanks again for the GIF's OB! I used the ones from Henry's Appreciation thread on the Celebrities board. Thought they would be fitting here as well!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

can i be added?
--The Dark Knight Rises
(avatar courtesy from messenjahmatt)
Old 06-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarei (View Post)
can i be added?
Of course! Added you.

ETA:

Quote:
Can Man Of Steel 2 Really Open In 2014?

As if a sequel to Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel was ever in doubt, the blockbuster’s performance over the weekend solidified Warner Bros. (easy) decision to move forward with more Superman movies and, probably, a Justice League of America film. Snyder’s Man earned a stellar $125 million since opening on Thursday evening, setting a new record for a June opening – besting the $110M earned by Pixar Animation Studio’s Toy Story 3 back in 2010. Now we’re hearing that Warner wants a Man of Steel sequel on the fast track … though you still might be surprised at just how fast the studio is hoping to respond.

If you can believe a Wall Street Journal story that broke Sunday evening, Warner is hoping that Snyder and his screenwriter, David S. Goyer, can get Man of Steel 2 in theaters in 2014. As in “next year.” Which is insane. The site quotes “knowledgeable people close to the studio,” which doesn’t exactly have me lining up at the ticket booth waiting to catch the next chapter in Kal-El’s journey. But it does mean that an official announcement regarding the future of Superman on screen could be coming down the pipe soon rather than later.

The reason for the fast track on Man of Steel 2? The WSJ says that Warner likely wants to keep its Justice League of America project on track for 2015. That date was announced a while back … long before Man of Steel even opened. It’s WILDLY ambitious to think that Warner can get all of its JLA ducks in a row in order to hit a 2015 release date. But maybe. Just … maybe.

You have to assume that this is a direct response to the fact that Marvel and Joss Whedon have the wheels spinning toward The Avengers 2, which is going to open in theaters in May 2015. But as you know, there were multiple steps Marvel took before reaching a second Avengers movie. So far, in addition to launching a Superman franchise, the studio has closed the door on the Dark Knight franchise and released a subpar Green Lantern movie. That’s not exactly Marvel’s Phase One.

Now, let’s focus on the Man of Steel sequel. A few key elements are in place to say that 2014 is possible … though improbable. Snyder and Goyer are locked in, and can begin working on the movie immediately – if they haven’t started already. The cast and the production team likely would just transition right into the sequel. It reminds me a little bit of Fast 7, which is racing toward a July 2014 release even though Universal just released part six. But even with that franchise, they have been doing several of them over the years. Man of Steel is still kind of new. Can Snyder pull it off?

I’m torn. Part of me thinks that Snyder and his team should be given time to develop what they have started in Man of Steel. At the same time, I can understand Warner’s sense of urgency, and a desire to strike while the iron is hot.

What do you think? Is Man of Steel 2 possible for 2014? And should Warner keep the JLA movie on its schedule for 2015? Or is that production schedule too crazy, and it’s bound to affect the finished product?
SOURCE

Last edited by Melissa Ann; 06-24-2013 at 05:29 PM
Old 06-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

May I be added.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Yes you may!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Ann (View Post)
Of course! Added you.

ETA:

SOURCE
'Thnxs! Melissa Ann for the latest info, we want a good movie/movies, so i think they should take their time. But i also understand the urgency as well, i just really hope that it doesn't bite them in their azzes if all this rushing results in an Epic! fail'. d.v.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Ann (View Post)
Of course! Added you.

ETA:
SOURCE[/URL]
thanks.

i wouldn't look too deep into a sequel releasing just next year. if that were to happen, they would have to start shooting now, which i believe henry cavill has another project he's committing to. plus, post production w/special effects take months. personally, i would rather wait for the sequel to be done right rather than it being rushed. usually, it takes 2-3 years for that. i would hate to see this sequel released within a short period just b/c wb is money hungry and want to compete w/marvel in finally putting out a jl film. if that's the case, they would be wise and smart to wait until there's a well thought out plan on bringing jl's character to screen, which includes a well-crafted story for mos 2. however, i hope it doesn't become a set up to jl (like im 2 was for avengers), rather with a focused story on clark/superman in metropolis. there's still a lot to be explored.

yes, you can compare this situation to the fast & furious franchise, considering how fast 7 is releasing next july as fast 6 released this past may. the difference is, those behind the films already planned out the story and knew they would be releasing a number of films. wb has been trying to get things off the ground for years and have been stumbling along the way. the last jl script they recently had got scratched, which i have to say for the better.

if wb is still trying to rush w/a justice league for 2015, they really need to slow down and think again. at this point, i'd prefer a world's finest film rather than jl film until they expand beyond batman and superaman on film. so, hearing this stuff w/mos 2 hitting theaters next year i see is more unlikely to happen.
--The Dark Knight Rises
(avatar courtesy from messenjahmatt)

Last edited by Sarei; 06-25-2013 at 03:59 PM
Old 06-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

I would rather wait for MOS2 until 2015 so that it meets standards and isn't rushed.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

So here's my take on it. I watched the movie twice and the first time I was not as impressed and would've given it a 7/10 but after a second viewing, it was much better and I'd give it a solid 8.. 8.5 even. I had a lot more going on personally during my first viewing and bladder issues (the move is 2+ hours long lol).

The bad.

This is probably my main gripe of the movie and why I can't justify giving the movie a 9. The whole explanation of why Krypton was destroyed, the codex, the genetic spawning of children of Krypton still doesn't fully make sense to me. It was also a little heavy handed and maybe less would've been better in this regard. Or rather a more fluid execution. Seemed like they just threw the info at you without enough explanation. Why did Kryptons stopped expansion? Why population control when they had terraforming technology and space exploration technology? An ancient scout ship crashed on Earth 20K years ago yet it seemed like the scout ship and Zod's ships were this years and last years models.

Papa Kent dying. I get why he sacrificed himself but at the same time, it was a bit selfish. Didn't he think of Clark, of Martha? Surely, Clark could've saved the dog with out revealing his powers. This one is 50/50 for me.

A minor issue how Clark put on the suit. They did a good job of the costuming and how Supermans costume was made to be the fashion trend of Krypton, how everyone wore capes and had that almost spandex/chain mail suit on but I wish Jor-El gave a more proper introduction to the outfit and give him a reason to put on the suit because Clark doesn't need the suit, he's already supercharged.

The action was one of the best part but I agree that maybe some cutting would've not hurt the film. A little more dialogue in the second half would've also helped. I can also understand peoples gripe that I wish they may have shown or talked a little bit more of collateral damage to metropolis.

The good.

The story itself was a nice reboot. People forget that Clark is not human, he's an alien and I loved loved how they portrayed that. How Clark's powers were a curse to him growing up. The scene with him trapping himself in the closet and mama Kent coming to get him, Clark asking his dad if he should've just let all those people die in the bus crash. These were all nice touches that we understand how Clark feels. He's this guy with this incredible power but yet like us, he feels.. he's isolated, lonely. It makes him really grounded and I loved the way they just took us straight from Krypton to adult Clark with the flashbacks to fill us in. It was so nice that they didn't do it linearly.

Again back to the alien thing, I loved the arrogance of the Kryptonians and there you get a sense of how they self imploded. I love the whole alien invasion. Like I said, I think people are so used to Superman that they forget he and his kind are aliens and Zod and company are out for world domination and extermination. Some people complained about the killing of Zod but there was no way to get him out of the picture. I read some articles as to why they did that and it makes sense, this is a reboot. This isn't Christopher Reeve's Superman. Clark suited up only recently. He only recently started to test his powers. He avoided conflict growing up and used his powers to help people. He didn't know how to fight, this was his first time and it makes sense that he's just pounding away at Zod and company. This was Clarks first real fight and was doing his best. Its not like he didn't want to do it, he was crying at the end for crying out loud, but I take that as more of killing Zod plus everything else that happened. Also, Superman gets predictable if we know he will never kill. Why place such barriers on a character when they spent the first half of the film making him real and grounded into a 21st century world. I personally like the darker grittier tone of the film. Like I said, it makes it more grounded in todays world, as impossible the story is.

The casting was great, and I wasn't expecting to see Jor-El was much as I did. Both sets of parents were casted wonderfully, especially Russel Crow. Fiora stole the show from Zod IMO. She didn't say much but the way she acted and when she did talk ,you can tell she is a cold blooded soldier with absolutely no regard for human life. Laurence Fishburn didn't do much but I'm ok with that given how the movie ended, where the Daily Planet isnt playing as big of a role. Amy Adams was a wonderful treat as Louis Lane. Could they have gotten someone else? Yes, maybe someone a little younger but I thought she did a good job and thank God they made her seek out Clark and discovered his identity long before the world sees him suited up.

The casting director(s) gets an A+ for all the supporting characters but getting Henry Cavill was casting perfection. A++++ He is superman in my eyes. He has the look, the build, everything. I wished he said more during the film. I really related to him as Clark, as a guy just trying to find his way and then juxtapose that with him in the suit and being this god and having this sheer power. He balanced it perfectly. Even him as the traditional Clark with the glasses, his hair slightly curled.. he looked like a harmless adorable geek. There is an earnest and warmth to him that translates on screen as Clark and as Superman. I can see why they picked him and the movie wouldn't work if they didn’t cast him. Even the most negative reviews I've read of the film still gave Henry good marks.

Lastly, while the film is not perfect, its still really good and firmly established our hero and the world he is in, just like how they did in Batman Begins. They did the hard and almost tedious job of set up, and now for the next movie, they can just go straight into it. I actually have bigger expectations for MOS 2. The possibilities do seem endless as to where to take Clark next. Lex is definitely a possibility as we saw Lex Corp in the background (Perhaps Lex gets his hand on some Krypton technology?) as well as a Wayne Enterprise satellite.

If they have all the ground work for MOS 2 for next year, then let's go! Otherwise, I would rather have them wait for 2015. But I have a feeling that filming will be sometime next year. Hopefully they greenlight MOS 3 and film everything back to back to save us delays.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think they are rushing the movie. I think that's all false. That rumor has been going around for a while but I think we won't get a MoS movie until 2015. Also I'm sure we are going to get another DC movie that same year.

Also Henry recently said they aren't rushing the Justice League movie either: Justice League Might Not Be Happening Soon -- Vulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyke93 (View Post)
I can also understand peoples gripe that I wish they may have shown or talked a little bit more of collateral damage to metropolis.
I think they will address the collateral damage in the next movie because that one of the biggest issues Lex has with Superman.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Also Henry recently said they aren't rushing the Justice League movie either
I read that too. Rushing these types of movies is not a good plan.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I don't think they are rushing the movie. I think that's all false. That rumor has been going around for a while but I think we won't get a MoS movie until 2015. Also I'm sure we are going to get another DC movie that same year.

Also Henry recently said they aren't rushing the Justice League movie either: Justice League Might Not Be Happening Soon -- Vulture

I think they will address the collateral damage in the next movie because that one of the biggest issues Lex has with Superman.

I think the frame work for a sequel or sequels had to already been discussed by Goyer and Nolan when writing MOS. I think its no secret that WB and company wanted a new Superman franchise so they almost had to lay in some easter eggs in this film to get the ball going for the next. The question is how much is done. I'm sure there was a framework developed, its just a matter of how much story and script they need to do will help determine the release of MOS 2. I can easily see them doing all that now and go into pre-production and then hopefully get everything ready for filming starting next year. I think shooting early 2014 may be too soon but mid to late 2014, I can see it. Then it'll just be a matter of how much time is needed for post-production. Even if mostly everything is done with the story and script, I don't see them releasing a new MOS until at least 2015. If I were to bet on a date, I'd go more with late 2015, possibly a holiday release. 2013 into 2014-> pre-production, mid to late 2014-> filming, late 2014 into 2015 -> post production.

I loved Smallville and I think one of the best things they did was have Clark and Lex be friends. Then Lex had the whole path to hell is filled with good intentions thing. The more practical side of me thinks that Lex will be power hungry and use fear to gain power and try to use/destroy superman. But I would love to see Lex still be power hungry but maybe not a villian at first.. perhaps even help Superman or something and then something happens where he turns at the end of MOS 2 to be the real villian in MOS 3 where MOS 2 gets a different villian. That's just some of my thoughts. But I have a feeling and I hope I'm right that with the destruction of a good chunk of downtown Metropolis that the world might go a little spiderman on superman and have people question whether or not he is a menace or hero. I'd also like to see Clark struggle a bit with the actions of finding out about his past. He did lead Zod here and if he never found the ship, then Zod would've never came. I so wished Clark had mentioned that just briefly at the end when he was talking to his mom but its ok.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread