Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2014, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Russell Crowe says, He will not be returning for Man Of Steel sequel - Moviemagik News
Russell Crowe says, He will not be returning for Man Of Steel sequel

Henry Cavill News: Three More Actors Join Henry In 'Batman vs. Superman'
Quote:
Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Oscar®-winning actress Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey of “300: Rise of an Empire,” and Tao Okamoto of “The Wolverine” have joined the cast of the upcoming Zack Snyder untitled Superman/Batman film. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Best Hero 2014 MTV Movie Awards | MTV
Quote:
The Best Hero award acknowledges a cinema’s most kickass character that embodies prowess, power and vigor.

Winner
Henry Cavill as Clark Kent
Man of Steel
Old 04-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't watch but it's good to know he won!
Old 04-18-2014, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Zack Snyder gives an explanation as to the reasoning behind using Batman in the sequel to Man of Steel, when we might see the costumes and his thoughts on Superman compared to the Christopher Reeve version.

Quote:
Basically Snyder says who else could they use to take on Superman.

…after Man of Steel finished and we started talking about what would be in the next movie, I started subtly mentioning that it would be cool if he faced Batman. In the first meeting, it was like, “Maybe Batman?” Maybe at the end of the second movie, some Kryptonite gets delivered to Bruce Wayne’s house or something. Like in a cryptic way, that’s the first time we see him. But then, once you say it out loud, right? You’re in a story meeting talking about, like, who should [Superman] fight if he fought this giant alien threat Zod who was basically his equal physically, from his planet, fighting on our turf… You know, who to fight next? The problem is, once you say it out loud, then it’s kind of hard to go back, right? Once you say, “What about Batman?” then you realize, “Okay, that’s a cool idea. What else?” I mean, what do you say after that?
Snyder also offers he doesn’t know when the Ben Affleck Batman, Gal Gadot Wonder Woman and tweaked Henry Cavill Superman costumes will be released as it involves other factors such as marketing.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don’t even know the timeline… Because the movie takes place so far from now, it’s hard to know exactly. That all gets tied to marketing and strategies for the movie. It’s not just a free-for-all, which I’d love it to be. Because I take a picture of the suit with my camera– I’m actually staring at one right now in my office. And it’s just massive on my wall in my office and it’s epic, let me tell you! And I’m like, “God, I want to send this to the Internet immediately.” But I know I’m not allowed to [laughs]! I do value the sort of excitement of the way the film is [revealed]… the pieces that are released and sort of trickle out to everybody, and those reveals are exciting milestones for us.
Snyder also comments on how people reacted to his Superman in Man of Steel, which he feels is more real than previous versions.

Quote:
…I think with Superman we have this opportunity to place this icon within the sort of real world we live in. And I think that, honestly, the thing I was surprised about in response to Superman was how everyone clings to the Christopher Reeve version of Superman, you know? How tightly they cling to those ideas, not really the comic book version but more the movie version… If you really analyze the comic book version of Superman, he’s killed, he’s done all the things– I guess the rules that people associate with Superman in the movie world are not the rules that really apply to him in the comic book world, because those rules are different. He’s done all the things and more that we’ve shown him doing, right? It’s just funny to see people really taking it personally… because I made him real, you know, I made him feel, or made consequences [in] the world.
Read more at Zack Snyder Talks Why Batman, Christopher Reeve Superman & When We Might See The New Costumes - Cosmic Book News
Old 05-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

First look at Miss Diana Price [Gal Gadot]
Old 05-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Extreme Fan

'Thnxs! Lyndell75, u all know that it officially got a title now, it's called: Batman .v. Superman/Dawn Of Justice. And don't just take my word for it, go look it up, that what it is, can't wait til 2016. I wonder r they goin 2 make an appearance @Comic-Con this year???' d.v.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Henry Cavill News: SDCC Preview: Henry Expected To Get Second Solo Superman Film!
A new Solo Man of Steel in the works for 2018

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

others:
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
Old 07-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Better Decision: “Batman v Superman” or “Man of Steel 2″ | The Bible Of Zack Snyder

Quote:
At the 2013 San Diego Comic Con, Zack Snyder announced that he would be making a sequel to the 2013 Superman reboot, Man of Steel.There was a twist, however: the one and only Batman would be in the follow-up, facing off against Kal-El. The reaction was overwhelmingly explosive, yet there was a vocal minority. Die-hard Superman fans and critics of DC Comics argued that Superman was being pushed out of his own film franchise. They felt that Batman was Warner Bros.’ main moneymaker, and WB wanted a billion-dollar-grossing blockbuster – something Man of Steel was not.

When stepping back and surveying the entire situation, it becomes clear that Batman was not placed in the sequel simply for financial purposes. Batman was added to jump start WB’s DC Comics cinematic universe. Marvel Studios has been a juggernaut at the box office, which is undeniable. In Marvel’s success, DC has been left in the dust, with Nolan’s Batman trilogy being the studio’s only claim to superhero fame in the last few years.

Instead of following Marvel’s blueprint, WB had an idea: what if you take the two biggest superheroes, put them in a motion picture together, expand on the universe, introduce characters, and give characters like Wonder Woman and Flash solo films after they’ve had their fair share of screen time glory in a following Justice League film? Superman and Batman are huge pop culture icons, surely they could be the connective tissue to bring WB’s comic book universe together.

WB saw a golden opportunity: Man of Steel was the first Superman film to be moderately accepted by general audiences in quite some time. Building on that universe (and introducing characters like Wonder Woman) would be exciting, fresh, and garner further interest in the DC film universe. If WB succeeded in their plan, they could hold something unique, something even Marvel didn’t have – a massively popular female character. With the possibility of finally introducing Wonder Woman on film, as well as bringing back fan-favorite Batman, WB knew the pros outweighed the cons in creating a team up film.

Simply casting someone like Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne was another ace in the hole for WB. In the last few years, Ben Affleck has completely reinvigorated his career, becoming an established and critically acclaimed film director. While detractors were quick to call out Affleck’s past failures, the fact of the matter was WB knew Affleck was a hot name and realized getting him attached to the project would create massive amounts of publicity.

While audiences have yet to see the next installment of the new DC universe, it cannot be denied that given the current competitive superhero film market, WB made the clever decision in bringing Batman into Superman’s sequel, and continuing to construct this new universe. Waiting two years for another solo Superman film would neither have brought the studio nearly as much profit, nor as much audience interest. A team up movie changes everything especially considering the film would star two hugely iconic characters.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Um I wanted to see more of Man of Steel they already have enough with the superman vs batman stuff already. Now I think they are going over board.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

This isn't even a sequel to MoS really, it's a prequel to the justice league; a list already leaked confirming MoS 2 would come out after Justicel eague, probably in 2018 or 2019
Old 07-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
“Apparently several crew have been fired for taking cellphone pictures of the set and the stars. And there is so much concern about information leaking out that both of the main characters have been instructed to wear robes on set. An unnamed source has suggested that this is an unpopular dictate, and Henry breaks the rule and walks his dog in full costume.”
Quote:
As far as the studio trying to maintain its secrets, it makes total sense. Just read what a marketing exec told EW in its latest issue, that talks about that fake Batman v Superman script getting around:

"If you want to stand out, your best chance is to hold as many treats as possible for the moviegoer."

Henry Cavill News
Old 07-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

DC Executive Editor and Senior VP Dan Didio just tweeted this picture of Ben Affeck’s Batsuti arriving at San Diego Comics Con, and today Director Zack Snyder posted a picture of Henry Cavill going Jedi.

https://twitter.com/zacksnyder
Old 07-26-2014, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#SDCC

Old 07-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

youtube took off the clip but here is the screen caps
Old 08-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Extreme Fan

'All I gotta say is, It's Goin Down-I'm Yelling Timber! 2016 can't get here fast enough. Woo-Hoo!' d.v.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread