Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Man On Fire (2004) #1

THE PLOT
Denzel Washington stars as a government operative / soldier of fortune, who has pretty much given up on life. In Mexico City, he reluctantly agrees to take a job to protect a child (Dakota Fanning) whose parents are threatened by a wave of kidnappings. He eventually becomes close to the child and their relationship reawakens and rekindles his spirit. When she is abducted, his fiery rage is unleashed on those he feels responsible, and he stops at nothing to save her.

1st i have to tell u that Washington/Fanning pairing is the greatest in the history of the world and i aint joking. 2nd Tony Scott(the Director) is my God!

i just love this movie! from the story. the way it was shoot. the acting, from the main to supporting actors-who r just as great as the 2 leads. it was just a beutiful movie, and it makes u forget that its 3 hours long...i didnt even relize it until i came out of the theatre.

Danzel is extra good in this, and Dakota Fanning just blew me away...i dont know what they r feeding this girl but she is amazing. her acting is toe to toe with Danzels, and she is his equal...

just an amazing movie...i give it 4.7 out of 5...and .3 is off just cus Dakota is not in the whole movie [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*iva*

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
nun with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

I very much enjoyed it as well... I really liked how they developed the relationship between Denzel and Dakota's characters instead of just focusing on the violence and a lot of scenes after she was kidnapped were heartbreaking because of Denzel's obvious anguish. The ending also made me almost break down. It was somewhat of a happy ending but a sad one at the same time...

I also really liked the editing, the gritty and fast paced camera movements as well as the music...

I also worried that it might end up being too long and dragging but it kept me entertained throughout and I didn't want it to end.

[ 04-25-2004: Message edited Charlize'sAngel ]
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

This shouldn't come as any shock (given Hollywood's latest trend) that this is based first on a book and second, on an already made British film with Scott Glen.

You can call it a "remake" if you like... But it is more along the lines of "Traffic" in it is just another interpretation of the source material.

The plot is pretty cliched, actually... But what saves this film is Tony Scott's direction and of course Denzel and Dakota's chemistry.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

I haven't seen this yet, but I'm dying to. I love Denzel and Dakota is really good.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Saw it and liked it, but found some parts a bit violet, but it was expected. The movie did leave me with a few questions, but I suppose I can overlook those [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

I thought the end with the "Mexico City is a very special place" was funny. This was funny to me, mainly because of how horribly the area was depicted throughout the movie. I was actually thinking (during the movie)"I wonder how upset Mexico is about this movie."
Old 04-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Yeah I thought that mention was pretty ironic as well, considering how they portrayed it. It's enough to make any potential tourist change their vacation plans... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:56 AM
Extreme Fan

This film aged well, has it become a classic for anyone here? As a child actress Dakota was in many films during these years, this is one of those films in which she shines the most(much better than my fellow puertorican Marc) and about the same as Denzel does but i do find curious how she slowly drifted away from films and more towards TV shows while her sister Elle took her previous spot; Very interesting, indeed!
SwordX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 03:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

'Man on Fire' TV Adaptation Receives Straight-to-Series Order at Netflix
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread