Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Love Actually (2003) #1 - "Love actually is all around."

Welcome to the "Love Actually" Appreciation & Discussion Thread!

Everywhere you look, love is causing chaos. From the bachelor Prime Minister of the United Kingdom who, on his first day at 10 Downing Street, falls in love with the girl who brings him his tea, to a hopeless sandwich delivery guy who doesn't think he has a chance with the girls in the U.K., so he heads for Wisconsin. From aging rock stars, to a stony headmistress, to a monolingual Portuguese housemaid--love arrives in many forms, shapes and sizes. Here, ten separate--but intertwining--stories of love all lead up to a big climax on Christmas Eve, proving that love is the driving force in all of these people's lives.

Credit: Yahoo!Movies

Love Actually "Lovers"
(PM 23Ravens to be added)

23Ravens (Christina)
laurendbs
*~Sophia~*
bibbysbaby
abritbrat
BreakfastatLils
chasin' the wind
SergeantPepper
sKennedy
Sternbetrachter
winchesterboyz
so_what?
ally_likewoah
*Lori89*
marybongiovi
WyldIce
Icey_
sepideh T
strawberrypie

Character of the Moment

The Prime Minister (Hugh Grant)

Quotes

"Worse than the total agony of being in love?" - Sam

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." - Prime Minister

"Beautiful Aurelia, I've come here with a view of asking you to marriage me. I know I seems an insane person - because I hardly knows you - but sometimes things are so transparency, they don't need evidential proof. And I will inhabit here, or you can inhabit with me in England." - Jamie

Credit: imdb.com

Ned & Chuck ~ Nathan & Haley ~ Kate & Sawyer

Last edited by AutumnColorsღ; 01-09-2015 at 07:59 PM
Old 10-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread! I enjoyed this movie a lot, you can add me to the list.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurendbs (View Post)
Thanks for the thread! I enjoyed this movie a lot, you can add me to the list.
I added you.

So I absolutely love this movie. It's definitely one of my top favorite holiday (and overall) movies. There's so much to it, I catch something new every time I watch it.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love this movie. Is it just me or does anyone else get kinda depressed after they watch this?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

This movie is also one of my top holiday movies. And the girl singing! She has such a lovely voice.

Do you mean depressing because of the loose ends?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

More like depressed because I don't have anyone in my life right now
Old 10-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
This movie is also one of my top holiday movies. And the girl singing! She has such a lovely voice.

Do you mean depressing because of the loose ends?
I know! Her voice is amazing. And she was so young when she recorded that too. When I first watched the movie, I was a little depressed by some of the stories, but once I accepted those, I loved the movie. It does have a great overall message.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Can I be added to the list please? This is just the perfect Christmas film. Well this and The Holiday.

taovande - I sometime get depressed watching films like this, it does highlight what you're missing in your own life I guess, but I try to watch films like this with my girlfriends, preferably the single ones, so I don't get as sad.

Great character of the moment, I love Colin Firth's storyline because it's so similar to my parents, my Mum is Portuguese my Dad is English, they met and she moved to England to be with him, just like she did. Although, I don't think my Dad proposed in Portuguese in a restaurant to rapturous applause!
Old 10-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Sophia~* (View Post)
Can I be added to the list please? This is just the perfect Christmas film. Well this and The Holiday.

taovande - I sometime get depressed watching films like this, it does highlight what you're missing in your own life I guess, but I try to watch films like this with my girlfriends, preferably the single ones, so I don't get as sad.

Great character of the moment, I love Colin Firth's storyline because it's so similar to my parents, my Mum is Portuguese my Dad is English, they met and she moved to England to be with him, just like she did. Although, I don't think my Dad proposed in Portuguese in a restaurant to rapturous applause!
I added you.

I totally agree..."Love Actually" and "The Holiday" are my favorite Christmas movies!

That is such a cute connection between your parents and the movie! That's another great thing about this movie...everybody gets something different from it. There are so many little connections to people's lives.

If any of you guys have any favorite quotes, feel free to PM them to me or post them here and I can add them to the opening post.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

My favorite story line is the Hugh Grant one. He's just so charming!

Also how great was Emma Thompson in this movie...her scene in the bedroom is heartbreaking and her scene where she says the following:

Karen: Would you wait around to find out if it's just a necklace, or if it's sex and a necklace, or if worst of all it's a necklace and love? Would you stay, knowing life would always be a little bit worse? Or would you cut and run?
Harry: Oh, God. I am so in the wrong. The classic fool.
Karen: [voice breaking] Yes, but you've also made a fool out of me, and you've made the life I lead foolish too.

Gah, it gets me everytime
Old 10-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taovande (View Post)
My favorite story line is the Hugh Grant one. He's just so charming!

Also how great was Emma Thompson in this movie...her scene in the bedroom is heartbreaking and her scene where she says the following:

Karen: Would you wait around to find out if it's just a necklace, or if it's sex and a necklace, or if worst of all it's a necklace and love? Would you stay, knowing life would always be a little bit worse? Or would you cut and run?
Harry: Oh, God. I am so in the wrong. The classic fool.
Karen: [voice breaking] Yes, but you've also made a fool out of me, and you've made the life I lead foolish too.

Gah, it gets me everytime
I know, I Hugh Grant. So adorable.

And yes, Emma Thompson is an amazing actress. All the actors in the movie are incredible, actually. That's part of its greatness.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

I agree, whoever did casting did an amazing job.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I agree, whoever did casting did an amazing job.
That's for sure. Does anyone know if it's an American or UK film? Because it seems to have every British actor that is well known in the states in it.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

OMG. I freaking love this movie! Alan Rickman is my hero... Even though he is somewhat of an idiot in this movie. (Emma Thompson is so much prettier than the freaky looking secretary!)
Old 10-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAFreak (View Post)
OMG. I freaking love this movie! Alan Rickman is my hero... Even though he is somewhat of an idiot in this movie. (Emma Thompson is so much prettier than the freaky looking secretary!)
Agreed. Although, wasn't she wearing a fat suit for this movie? I guess they tried to make her look more homely...didn't really do that much.

Alan Rickman was at my university last spring because he was in town for Roger Ebert's film festival. My sister's roommate even met him at the Union and got his autograph and a picture. I was so jealous.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread