Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2003, 08:23 AM
Passionate Fan

The Last Unicorn (1982) #1

Anyone heard that The Last Unicorn is being filmed??

Well it is.

It's in pre-production at the moment.

I'm really lookin g forward till it comes out. I so loved the book and I can't wait to see how it turns out as a movie.

The Last Unicorn ar IMDB.com

"My heart is a puzzle with missing pieces."
- Me
Sazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 05:05 PM
Loyal Fan

It will be interesting to see another version of it. The actor playing the King also is in LOTR as Sarumon and was the voice of the King in the original "Last Unicorn".
Old 12-28-2003, 05:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved the original, can't wait to see this version.

Lumi Headquarters
krazyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:57 PM
Addicted Fan

I used to have the vhs when I was little. I played it to death. It broke. I don't have it anymore. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

The new version should prove to be interesting.
as I watch the walls descend
as I watch the walls descend like stars
SweetLisaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I loved the cartoon when I was little. I used to wish that unicorns existed because they made them out to be so beautiful in that movie. My grandma used to own it and I'd borrow it from her all the time but she got rid of all her kiddie movies when we grew up. I haven't seen it in years although I want to. My friends were talking about it once and we discovered we had all seen it and loved it as kids.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Maliejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

I loved the original too. It was such a beautfiul film and rather sad too. I hope the new version will be able to do justice to the original. Sometimes I don't like it when Hollywood keeps re-making all these films and it ends up so different from the original.
Starlightmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

Here is the official site...The last unicorn

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I have been waiting for this for a long time.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

claudia
Old 01-02-2004, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by eruvue:
<STRONG>I used to have the vhs when I was little. I played it to death. It broke. I don't have it anymore. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] </STRONG>
You should be able to buy the video through amazon.com. It's also been released on DVD but only in R2, (you may find other regions available on ebay, but they're not the real deal), which I want to buy once I have the cash to do so. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

It's actually gonna be on cable here this month. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I was so happy when I saw that it was gonna be on that I damn near jumped up and started dancing around the room. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Haven't seen it in forever, but it was one of my fave movies as a kid. I rented it from the video store so many times it wasn't funny. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm interested to see how the re-make is gonna turn out. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Just checked out some of the Red Bull designs on that website, and I must say it looks suitably terrifying. That thing used to scare the [img]smilies/censored.gif[/img] outta me as a kid. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 04:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Holy crap, am I reading this right?? I remember this cartoon when I was a little kid! Who's playing what part etc?
Old 01-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ForeverAnAngel:
<STRONG>Holy crap, am I reading this right?? I remember this cartoon when I was a little kid! Who's playing what part etc?</STRONG>
Go here...click the link...and you will see. It is going to be a live action feature...I think it will be good.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

claudia
Old 01-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for that, checking it out now! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee:
<STRONG>

You should be able to buy the video through amazon.com. It's also been released on DVD but only in R2, (you may find other regions available on ebay, but they're not the real deal)
</STRONG>
Actually, It has been released on DVD in Region 4, because it is for rental at the video store that I work at, and we are not allowed to rent out any reigion except for R4, not even a multi-region dvd.

I can't wait for the Last Unicorn. It is gonna be so good (I hope). I loved the movie when I was little, although the Bull scared the living daylights outta me.
"Now, I can hold a note for a long time, actually I can hold a note forever. But eventually that's just noise. It's the change we're listening for. The note coming after, and the one after that. That's what makes it music."
Jacoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

I have preordered my dvd..(available in March)from Amazon. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I am so excited!

Claudia
Old 01-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jacoba:
<STRONG>

Actually, It has been released on DVD in Region 4, because it is for rental at the video store that I work at, and we are not allowed to rent out any reigion except for R4, not even a multi-region dvd.

I can't wait for the Last Unicorn. It is gonna be so good (I hope). I loved the movie when I was little, although the Bull scared the living daylights outta me.</STRONG>
I love this movie too, but I remember it being so dark. And the cover of the DVD is so...not. That's kinda weird to me. And misleading.
gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

hi you guys i just wanted to say that my sister and i have loved the last unicorn since we were little girls and still watch it to this day